• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-in-vegetative-state-for-10-years-gives-births-to-baby

A woman who has been in a vegetative state since she nearly drowned 10 years ago has reportedly given birth to a baby last month, prompting a sex abuse investigation at the Phoenix-area nursing facility, AZ Family reported.

The baby was born on Dec. 29 and is doing well, according to the report. The woman is reportedly a patient at Hacienda HealthCare in Phoenix. A source familiar with the situation told AZ Family that "none of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth."

"From what I’ve been told she was moaning. And they didn’t know what was wrong with her," the source said.

The source told AZ Family that the patient required constant care and that many people had access to her room.

The facility has reportedly changed protocol after the Dec. 29 birth. Male staff needing to enter a female room are required to bring a female employee with them, the source said.

A Hacienda HealthCare nurse declined Fox News' request for comment because it would be a HIPPA violation and referred questions to the CEO of the nursing facility. Phoenix Police Department did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

Hacienda issued a statement to AZ Family and said it has been in business in the valley for over 50 years and "has an outstanding reputation providing high quality specialized care for our patients."

"As a Healthcare provider, we cannot comment on any patient due to Federal and State privacy laws. Additionally, we cannot comment on any ongoing investigations. We can say that our patients and clients health and safety is our #1 priority and that we always cooperate, when asked by any agency, in an open and transparent way."

Authorities are investigating the facility for possible sex abuse, AZ Family reported. No further details were released.

"Authorities are investigating the facility for possible sex abuse, AZ Family reported."

Possible? Gee, really? Ya think? WTF else could it be? Immaculate conception? Ugh.

"Possible sex abuse"?
She's been in a coma/vegetative state for 10 years, and can not consent to anything.
The fact that she's given birth in the facility means she was RAPED, and probably repeatedly.
The nursing facility's new "regulations" need to include CCTV cameras in every patient's room, public rooms, hallways, and traffic areas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-after-vegetative-patient-gave-birth-n955951
The CEO of an Arizona long-term care center where a woman who has been in a vegetative state for years gave birth last month has resigned.

Hacienda HealthCare CEO Bill Timmons announced his resignation Monday effective immediately. His resignation was accepted unanimously by the center's board of directors, the Phoenix facility said in a press release Monday.

Hacienda “will accept nothing less than a full accounting of this absolutely horrifying situation, an unprecedented case that has devastated everyone involved, from the victim and her family to Hacienda staff at every level of our organization,” Gary Orman, executive vice president of the board, said in a press release Monday evening.

The center is cooperating with agencies investigating the matter, Orman said.

“And we will do everything in our power to ensure the safety of every single one of our patients and our employees," Orman said.
[....]

Jon Meyers, executive director of The Arc of Arizona, an advocacy group for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, called the allegations “disturbing, to put it mildly.”

“I wasn’t there. I clearly don’t have firsthand knowledge of what happened,” Meyers said. “But I can’t believe someone receiving that level of constant care wasn’t recognized as being pregnant prior to the time she delivered.”

Yeah I don't get that either. She's lying on her back in a bed surrounded by people who were supposed to be her carers and no one noticed?

No one noticed that her vitals changed, her bloodwork changed, her weight changed and no one even noticed until they found her moaning in bed and then only figured it out when a baby appeared.

Yeah I don't get it.

There are woman who don't show much, maybe the baby was also undersized. No one expected pregnancy, so maybe physical changes were reasonably ascribed to her existing conditions. I can see how they would not have noticed for months, but figuring it out at the last minute?! WTH?!
How often did her family check on her? Did they notice much?
It wouldn't surprise me too much if it was a family member.
It reminded me of this famous case. I saw something on TV about it long ago where they showed the victim. She was very severely physically handicapped, IQ of 12, palsied, in a diaper. Pregnancy was very painful. It was too late for an abortion. Her sister was her legal guardian. The victim's brother in law was the father.

Last edited:
I too want to say, how did no one notice. But honestly, I don't know what all they do on a regular basis for someone in a persistent vegetative state. It just might be vitals, feeding, and change the bags. I wonder if such a pregnancy would affect the child. There is talk that part of development of the fetus is different sounds, movements, etc. while in the womb. This kids had silence and stillness.

I too want to say, how did no one notice. But honestly, I don't know what all they do on a regular basis for someone in a persistent vegetative state. It just might be vitals, feeding, and change the bags. I wonder if such a pregnancy would affect the child. There is talk that part of development of the fetus is different sounds, movements, etc. while in the womb. This kids had silence and stillness.

Beep ... beep .... beep ... beep ....

I wonder about those kids who survive the microwave ... and if the beeps, and lights and sounds and smells are a trigger later ?

The CEO of an Arizona long-term care center where a woman who has been in a vegetative state for years gave birth last month has resigned.

Hacienda HealthCare CEO Bill Timmons announced his resignation Monday effective immediately. His resignation was accepted unanimously by the center's board of directors, the Phoenix facility said in a press release Monday.
It was him. He thinks he can avoid giving DNA.
Post automatically merged:

I'm either super smart or brain fucked from being here too long

Joking aside, he should be tested, too. Everyone who worked there within the past nine months needs to be tested.

April examination found no signs of pregnancy in a comatose woman who gave birth to a baby boy nearly nine months later
  • Documents show the 29-year-old woman showed 'no change' in health in April
  • Woman received exam nearly nine months before giving birth in December
  • During state mandated exam, the doctor noted that it was an external exam only
  • On Wednesday, police said baby was in distress when he was born to victim
  • Baby and victim, who gave birth at Hacienda HealthCare facility, is recovering
  • Patient had been in a vegetative state for more than 10 years after drowning
  • Police have obtained search warrant to retrieve DNA from male staffers at facility
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-comatose-woman-gave-birth-baby-December.html

https://wtop.com/national/2019/01/april-exam-found-no-signs-of-pregnancy-in-comatose-woman/
PHOENIX (AP) — A doctor examined an Arizona woman in a vegetative state nearly nine months before she gave birth but did not find that she was pregnant, and medical experts said Thursday that it’s possible she displayed no outward signs that workers who cared for her every day would have noticed either.
[....]
But the 29-year-old woman, who is described in a medical report as having tubes to feed her and help her breathe, may not have had a swollen belly, according to a doctor of fetal medicine.

While factors remain unknown, such as how far along she was, someone who is fed the same amount from a tube every day might not show any dramatic changes that would be noticed, especially by staffers who don’t work with pregnant patients, said Dr. C. Kevin Huls, a clinical assistant professor and maternal-fetal medicine fellowship director at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix.

The mother could actually lose weight in other places like her face or arms if a fetus is consuming nutrients, Huls added.

“A good way to understand it is that really, the baby’s going to continue to grow even at the expense of the mom’s nutrition,” Huls said. “So, her weight may not change because she’s not taking in additional calories. There may be changes to her body that are going to go undetected in a chronic care condition or at a facility like this.”
[....]
Court documents indicate the woman had been living at the facility since she was 3 years old, local media outlets reported.
[....]
t’s possible the woman won’t have any additional long-term complications from giving birth. Women in a vegetative state after accidents or strokes have successfully delivered babies, Huls said.

Her family, who are members of the San Carlos Apache tribe in southeastern Arizona, said in a statement through their attorney that they will care for the baby boy.

Phoenix police, meanwhile, have not ruled out any suspects in the sexual assault. They are gathering DNA samples from the facility’s male staffers and have appealed to the public for any information.

It remains unclear to investigators if the woman was raped more than once.
[....]

• She is 29 years old
  • She has been living at that facility since she was 3.
  • She nearly drowned over 10 years ago
  • She gives birth to nearly full term baby
I don’t think this facility is the best place for her.

Can we say Kill Bill.

Did I miss why they said she was in there since 3? If she didn't almost drown just 10 years ago what was wrong with her since she was 3?

Back