• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/men-banned-from-gun-range-for-selfies-with-gun
[....]
"It makes your heart sink when you see that video. You think it's going to turn out much worse than it did. Luckily, we have good staff that took care of that quickly," says Kyle Harrison with Top Gun Range.

Harrison says the two men came in last Friday to do a little shooting.
[....]
The guy on the right side of the screen has his finger on the trigger as he points the gun down the firing line to take a selfie. That's a big mistake. Then he makes an even bigger one, he points it directly at his friend's face.

There are four basic rules of firearms safety that are pretty simple and common sense. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Don’t point it at anything you don’t want to destroy. Know your target and what's beyond it. Treat every gun likes it's loaded.

He broke every one of those rules. Someone could’ve died, but instead the range officer pounced. He pushed the gun in a safe direction, made it safe and showed them the door. Top Gun posted the video of the incident as a learning tool.

"It originally got posted on Facebook and it got picked up by everyone," Harrison says. "I've seen it all over Instagram. It was apparently on a news station in Australia that picked it up."

The range has banned them for life, and considering the video has over 10 million views so far, it's unlikely they'd shows their faces around here again anyway.

Were they impaired?!? People are normally fairly serious at the range for obvious reasons. No one wants clowns with guns.

What a pair of assholes. They should only be allowed to shoot pictures. Even then, I expect them to do selfies in the middle of an intersection. :confused:

Wow what a way to perpertrate a stereotype, you're not helping.

The guy who pointed the gun at his friend's face is extremely lucky he didn't get arrested for that, since 2002 such actions are considered terroristic threats, even with an unloaded weapon, and is illegal across the country - joking around or not, it will get you jail time.
It's great that this range has a range officer present at all times when the range is open, I've been to a couple that didn't and saw a few major firearms mishandling mistakes being made by people who were new to firearms and completely untrained.

The gun club/shooting range I belong to now is also used by the city's police department, and has excellent supervision; when it's time to police your brass or clay fragments, the range officers get on a bullhorn to announce all arms unloaded and down for range clean up, and once all have done that, they announce we may go into clean up; when we're done and everyone is off the range areas again, they announce we may resume our practicing.

Does there have to be actual harm done to charge someone with reckless endangerment or a similar crime? I agree this asshole most def deserves to be charged.

Really dont get how such behavior, especially documented on camera in a public place, doesnt provide authorities any legal ability to confiscate the individuals guns and restrict their gun rights.

You have someone who has proven themselves to be dangerously irresponsible with a firearm, yet there is nothing anyone can do to to take their guns away. Even worse, some of the most powerful lobbyists and politicians in the country would rather die than change that fact even in a case like this.

Fools. Everyone.

Back