• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1714159460547.png

Yusef Salaam, who spearheaded the “How Many Stops Act,” now wants the NYPD to protect him from death threats.

A squad of anti-cop City Council members are singing a different tune after getting death threats — and are now pleading with New York’s Finest to come to the rescue, The Post has learned.
Staffers for the cop-bashing pols complained to each other and council security staffers about the “scary” threats — and are calling on the NYPD to protect them, according to sources.

“It’s disgusting,” one staffer texted a council colleague. “I’ve clutched my non-existent pearls at some of the threats made against [Councilman Chi] Osse (D-Brooklyn). And some have been thought to be credible as per security and NYPD.

“And for him to be such a critic, if the PD says we need to evacuate/be careful and then listen.”
A staffer for Councilwoman Shahana Hanif (D-Brooklyn) complained about “elevated” and “especially concerning” threats phoned into her office, and praised security personnel for being “very responsive.”
The two pols along with council members Yusef Salaam (D-Manhattan) and Carlina Rivera (D-Manhattan) have been vocal critics of the NYPD and among the lawmakers who pushed the controversial “How Many Stops Act” that buries cops in paperwork.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less from a couple of hypocritical politicians,” one Brooklyn cop told The Post.

Continue reading at link

Back