• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Bedford couple will stand trial, charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the asphyxiation death of their 3-month-old child inside a Bedford motel room in January, authorities said.

According to state police in Bedford, troopers were called to the Super 8 Motel in Bedford Township on Jan. 2 for an unresponsive infant.

Troopers said when they arrived, they overheard the couple, Kailey Jo Hughes, 31, and Shawn Patrick Allison, 44, accusing each other of killing the child, who slept on the bed between them.

Hughes said that, when she awoke for a 3 a.m. feeding, she found the infant girl unresponsive.

Allison told troopers that, when he found the child unresponsive, he began chest compressions and Hughes went next door to use the neighbor’s phone.

The child had been born addicted to Subutex and spent several extra days in the hospital after birth, troopers said.

Tenants living in the other rooms said the couple would fight often, and Allison would threaten Hughes, troopers said.

The motel manager said Hughes and Allison stayed in a room paid for by the Center for Community Action, troopers said.

Hughes reportedly admitted that she and Allison had been using heroin and methamphetamine at a friend’s house on New Year’s Eve. An autopsy performed at ForensicDX in Windber allegedly showed the child died from asphyxiation and had methamphetamine in her system.

The couple were also charged with endangering the welfare of children, reckless endangerment, tampering with physical evidence, unsworn falsification to authorities and drug counts.

Charges were filed based on a “pattern of substance abuse around (the child), a pattern of domestic violence, their inability to maintain a residence with proper facilities for their infant and their high level of intoxication at the time of (the child’s) death,” according to a court document.
1619086596464.png

She went next door to use a neighbor’s phone? Do all hotel rooms not come with a phone? Baby was detoxed.. wonder if mom had a Rx for the Suboxone? Why wasn’t a safety plan in effect and a ‘home’ inspection? Too many questions?!
Did NOT want to disturb baby's daddy...

"He did it! He killed the baby!"

"No! She did it!"

"
Don't listen to him. He did it!"

"I swear, it was her!"

"I would never do such a thing!"

"Nor would I!"

"He called me a bad name once."

"So what? That doesn't make me a baby killer. Like you!"

"Hey, you shouldn't have let her sleep alongside us."

"No! That was your decision."