• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1691770601501.png

A 24-year-old Redding man was arrested for child abuse after locking his two-year-old daughter in a car, with the windows rolled up, during extreme heat, according to the Redding Police Department (RPD).
Police say the incident happened last Friday, Aug. 4, when the child, named Meadow, was entrusted to 24-year-old Jose Ladel Woodcook Serna for a court-ordered, two-hour visitation at his home. However, when Serna did not bring back his toddler after two hours, the family went to his house to get her.

"We walked up to the door and her grandfather, and Summer, the mom, knocked on the door for a while with him not responding or opening the door,” the child's Grandmother, Tiffany DiGiuseppe, told KRCR on Thursday. “I went to get out of my car and saw a little twinkle—a vague sparkle out of the side peripheral vision."
After the family discovered that the child was locked in the car, DiGiuseppe said the family took quick action and broke into the car to rescue her.
Serna reportedly remained inside his home and declined to respond to law enforcement when they arrived at his door. Instead, police say he chose to communicate with RPD dispatchers over the phone.

"Later that evening, a warrant was put out for child abuse and they apprehended him the next day at his residence," DiGiuseppe said.
During Serna's court arraignment on Wednesday, Aug. 9, prosecutors revealed distressing details stating the child had been confined in a vehicle with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
"She definitely was unresponsive," DiGiuseppe said. "Her eyes were barely opened, she was bright red, her heart rate was off the charts, she could not lift her head and she could not move her limbs."
In court, it was ruled that Serna would be prohibited from visiting the child, and would be required to be supervised via a GPS device.
1691770855695.jpeg

He was probably teying to kill the baby and then would have claimed it was an accident.

Horrible thing for him to have done to his own child and on purpose, but now nobody has to worry about him ever being alone with him again, hopefully not even supervised visitation.

If they had not come looking for her she would have been dead. He needs to be charged with attempted murder.

When LE was at his door, Serna was probably flying higher than a Boeing. He couldn't even pretend to be a caring human being, let alone father, for TWO BLOODY HOURS!!

He made a complete fool out of the judge who allowed this unsupervised visitation and of the family court system in general. I hope this is taken into account at sentencing.

You would think since he only had two hours that he would have done everything he could to make her visit a good memory instead of locking her into a hot car and nearly killing her! I hope the child protection officer doesn’t let him have visits with her, he’s proven himself to be a danger to her!

He was probably trying to kill the baby and then would have claimed it was an accident.

This.

He didn't want the child support, or the child's life.

During Serna's court arraignment on Wednesday, Aug. 9, prosecutors revealed distressing details stating the child had been confined in a vehicle with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
"She definitely was unresponsive," DiGiuseppe said. "Her eyes were barely opened, she was bright red, her heart rate was off the charts, she could not lift her head and she could not move her limbs."

Rather lucky that anyone got a living child at the end of this situation -

A 24-year-old Redding man was arrested for child abuse

Attempted murder looks more correct, to me.

Last edited:

Justice for Meadow

UPDATE ON THE REDDING MAN JOSE SERNA WHO LOCKED HIS 2/YR OLD DAUGHTER IN HIS VEHICLE in 105 DEGREES!
Okay…It has taken me a couple days to process the last court meeting on Monday. Judge Adam Ryan is on this case
To start, there was a new mental health deferral law passed which protects all criminals except those with Murder and a few sexual charges. The law states if you get a medical diagnosis for virtually anything then you can ask for a medical deferral. This deferral would give him a two year program to go through then he walks away clear!
Mind you this is a man with two prior domestic violence convictions on different women, he already had a prior restraining order in place against him to protect Meadow and this occurred shortly after that was lifted and he was granted two hour visitations with her.
That being said, Jose is asking for this due to ADHD! He is stating his ADHD is what made him forget that he didn’t return Meadow from her two hour visitation and left her roasting in over 100 degrees in his car!
Now, let’s look at the full picture. Perhaps he forgot his daughter. I’d like to know the relevance of his ADHD impacting his actions once he was informed he didn’t return her but STILL LEFT HER IN THE CAR TO DIE, ROASTING IN OVER 100 DEGREE HEAT, NOT INFORMING ANYONE SHE WAS IN THERE!
1. This forgetting her initially wouldn’t justify why he was ignoring 1.5 hours of messages looking for her when she wasn’t returned.
2. This forgetting her again wouldn’t justify why he wouldn’t answer his door and hid in his apartment while we were knocking on his door looking for her and she was still left in his car roasting is his driveway. He hid, wouldn’t answer the door, wouldn’t holler through the door to tell us she was in the car but can be heard telling his dog to shh while it barked because we were knocking. He refused to inform or rectify the situation but instead left her there to die when it was brought to his attention! This is attempted murder!
3. After knocking on his door and being ignored we miraculously found her in his vehicle while we were in the parking lot. Once found he repeatedly used his key fob to turn his alarm off after windows were broken out to rescue her. However, he couldn’t even use the key fob to unlock the doors to get her out or use it to alert us she was in there while we were looking for her!
4. This also doesn’t justify why he wouldn’t cooperate with law enforcement and refused to come out of his apartment during the incident.
BUT NONE OF THIS EVIDENCE GETS PRESENTED BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO HEARING OR CHANCE TO PRODUCE THE FULL DETAILS OF THE CASE!
We live in a sick world and we need your help more than ever!
Next court date is Jan 22 at 10 am in Department 1 (attached to the jail). This is where Judge Adam Ryan will either grant the the deferral or not. We need to pack the house and show this is absolutely nonsense and all details need to be evaluated prior to granting this mental health deferral. It doesn’t apply to the full spectrum of this case!
If you can show up, please do! And if anyone knows how to get a petition or another form of action going on this please let me know recommendations.
This has to STOP and this new mental health deferment law should not even be applicable to child abuse cases. When are we going to get the system to protect these children? This law means as long as you don’t kill or sexually abuse your kids, you can do what you want and then just ask for deferment!
A huge majority of the population suffers from mental health and ADHD is one of the most diagnosed disorders but that doesn’t give justification to nearly killing your kid!
Thank you!
#shastacounty #reddingbuzz #reddingca #reddingcalifornia #shastacountycourt #shastacountydistrictattorney #ChildAbusePreventionAwareness #child
#AndersonCalifornia #repealmentalhealthlaw
Bikers Against Child and Women Abuse (supporting B.F.A.B.F) Shasta Community Information Redding Crime & Community Alert/ Shasta County Shasta County District Attorney's Office Shasta County Crime Assemblywoman Megan Dahle California Legislative Women's Caucus Nancy Grace KRCR-TV #adamryanjudge
#judgeadamryan Doug LaMalfa Everyone @followers

Thank God mom was an actual MOM in this case!! They knew he was a no good piece of shit. I really hope that fucker doesn't get away with this. Adhd, what a pathetic excuse. It's a very common issue, doesn't cause someone to want to kill their child. I'm rooting for the family to get this bastard the longest punishment possible.

Back