• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1658305892577.png

A Philadelphia woman turned herself in to police Tuesday in the death of a three-year-old girl whom the city’s Department of Human Services had placed in her care.
Kianna Casey is charged with third-degree murder in the child’s death. She turned herself in after the Medical Examiner’s Office determined that the three-year-old’s death last week in a Southwest Philadelphia home was a homicide.

A law enforcement source says an autopsy revealed multiple injuries to the child’s head and face and throughout her body, including damage to internal organs with rib fractures. According to the source, the child also had internal bleeding in virtually every part of her body.

The source said a caseworker for DHS had been to the home one hour before the child died.

I was wondering why only THIRD degree.

Third-degree murder is the least severe form of murder that only exists in three US states: Florida, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. It is usually defined as a non-premeditated killing that is committed with the intent to cause bodily harm rather than death.

[...]

The maximum sentence for third-degree murder depends on which jurisdiction the crime took place in. The maximum sentencing for the three states that use this categorization is (1) 25 years imprisonment and $40,000 fines in Minnesota, (2) 40 years imprisonment in Pennsylvania, and (3)15 years imprisonment and $10,000 fine in Florida. As you can see, despite being a lesser crime it still carries a serious punishment.

The max is still too good for her but we have to take what we can get.

1658678481357.png

Police officers were called to a home Tuesday for reports of a hospital case. The child, identified as Hope Jones, was brought to a medical facility where she later died.
The Philadelphia County Medical Examiner and Coroner later determined Jones died from blunt force trauma.

A spokesperson for the city's Department of Human Services told the news outlet that Jones had been in the department's custody and was receiving kinship and foster care services.

Jones was placed with Casey because she knew the child's family.

My niece just graduated college with a political science degree . She has taken a job with DCF in Pittsburgh! She is a southern girl and very very very naïve She took this job in order to get her foot in the door with the government. I dont think she is going to be able to handle this. Hell I dont even think I could handle this.

The Philadelphia woman accused of beating a 3-year-old child to death in 2022 has pleaded no contest to murder charges.
Kiana Casey faced third-degree murder and aggravated assault charges, as well as endangering the welfare of children and making a false report.
The 31-year-old pleaded no contest to the first two charges. Prosecutors dropped the latter offenses.

Three-year-old Hope Jones, who was taken from her family at 15 months old and placed into foster care at Casey’s Southwest Philadelphia home, was found dead in July 2022. Casey claimed the little girl fell down the stairs.
However, the medical examiner said 70% of the young girl’s body was covered in injuries, both old and new — including bruises on her head, stomach, legs and arms; broken ear cartilage; old and new broken ribs; and internal injuries.

Casey was charged in October 2022. A former caseworker, Jendayi Mawusi, was also charged but was acquitted in November of child endangerment charges. A lower court had tossed the most serious charges at a preliminary hearing after learning two doctors who had seen the toddler also did not report the injuries.
Casey’s attorney, Walter Chisholm, said Casey pleaded no contest to resolve the matter in the best interest of all parties.
1714158473051.jpeg

Hopefully she does the full twenty years.

1714158408747.png

Back