• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
14404430-large_zpse26d825e.jpg
14404426-large_zpsf4afba38.jpg

A 5-month-old child was hospitalized for what prosecutors say are 'life threatening' injuries and neglect that allegedly stemmed from the child’s parents. The parents – Kevin Lee Bastian, 25, and Randee Andrienne Bastian, 27 – have been both charged with child abuse.

The child is under the care of Child Protective Services at this time. He was being treated at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, authorities said. Muskegon County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Timothy Maat said the child suffered “life threatening head and spine trauma.”

Maat said the charges stem from a complaint that alleges the abuse occurred in a time frame that spans from the day the baby boy was born -- Sept. 15, 2013 -- until Dec. 20, 2013.

The father, Kevin, is charged with first-degree child abuse, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

He was arraigned on Monday, March 3, on that charge in Muskegon County 60th District Court. He is being held on $80,000 bond, cash or surety, and was ordered to have no contact with any children if that bond is posted.

His wife and the baby's mother, Randee, is charged with child abuse, second-degree, a 10-year felony; and for lying to a police officer, a two-year high court misdemeanor.

She has been arraigned in Muskegon County 60th District Court as well and is being held on a $60,000 cash or surety bond. The provision of that bond is the same as her husband's – she cannot have any contact with children if she posts bond.

There is also a pending neglect and abuse case filed in Muskegon’s family court division involving both parents, Maat said.

The Department of Human Services, in conjunction with the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office, is asking the court to terminate the parental rights of both mother and father.

“The child received severe injuries and was malnourished as a result of abuse and neglect,” Maat said. “The child is expected to survive. The long-term impact of the injuries is still unknown.”

It wasn't immediately clear how the Fruitport Township Police Department, which is handling the investigation, learned of the alleged abuse.​

God I hate baby abusers. It is not hard to care for a newborn. After having a few of my own (my last is 4 months old :bigtears:) my advice to friends who are having their first is that the only thing you really NEED for a newborn is diapers and boobs. To neglect the basic needs of a newborn you would have to be pretty fucking dumb and/or pretty fucking selfish.

When will people realize that you can't break the baby like you would a toy after you have grown tired of playing with it. It's a person with feelings and real people thoughts and body parts like you and I. You are in essence beating yourself to death when you do this to your own baby. Maybe if people stopped and thought of it that way they wouldn't do this shit. Or maybe it is self loathing that causes this level of neglect. They hate themselves so they take it out on the defenseless.

How can you be too lazy to feed the baby, but not too lazy to beat the shit out of him?

You really can't. You can't get much lazier than feeding a newborn. I look forward to each nursing cause I have a reason to lay down with my baby and do absofuckinlutely nothing but lay there dozing off, watching tv, reading the internet for 30 minutes several times a day. It's a lazy person's dream!

You really can't. You can't get much lazier than feeding a newborn. I look forward to each nursing cause I have a reason to lay down with my baby and do absofuckinlutely nothing but lay there dozing off, watching tv, reading the internet for 30 minutes several times a day. It's a lazy person's dream!

Don't forget burning calories!!!!

Yeah, these people suck ass.

Some people are not meant to be parents....They are selfish, and cruel...I hope they rot

She uploaded this picture to her FB on November 27th...assuming it was taken on/around that day, baby would have been 2.5 months old. Those aren't the hands of a healthy, happy baby. Just looking at his shriveled little fingers you can tell he is not well.

OujxOtd.jpg

Selfish bastards. I can only hope that they have the worst lives anyone could imagine having. This baby better pull through and not have any long term disabilities. He has been mistreated since day one and he deserves a chance to have a happy life. I hate his "parents".

I love the button up shirt and blazer in her mugshot for her arrest for her part in the death of her baby. Yep, makes her look all kinds of classy and sophisticated, like lipstick on a fucking pig!

Even if you're bottle feeding it's not that hard. Make bottle, stick in baby's mouth. If you're a real lazy ass you can even prop it - not that I approve of that but if it's the choice between the baby eating and not eating I guess it'll do. Mind you there is all that tedious washing up... yeah I guess that is kind of a lot of work. Amazing how any of our kids managed to grow up really. :sarcasm:

I find it interesting that throughout her Facebook page she has all these posts about abused animals. While allowing her man to abuse her child...

That picture does demonstrate the lack of nutrition in my opinion. Baby's that age have fat chubby little hands. Poor thing. I'm so glad he was rescued. I feel so bad that all this baby has known is pain and misery. I hope he is now being hugged and loved and fed. I hope he recovers from his injuries. How awful to suffer such horrific injuries as he has.

Maat said the charges stem from a complaint that alleges the abuse occurred in a time frame that spans from the day the baby boy was born -- Sept. 15, 2013 -- until Dec. 20, 2013.

Fuck them both with a hot metal rusty poker. Right up the ass. How the fuck do you start abusing a newborn from the moment he arrived in this world? And why is that abusive mousey looking bitch crying? YOU did this and now you look sorry? FUCK YOU.

Lock them both up and forget they exist. Let them whither away like they tried with baby boy. I am sure no one will fucking miss them except their drug dealer.

I say take her fucking uterus out and cut his balls off, they won't need them anymore.

Kevin Lee Bastian, the father of a baby boy who nearly died of brain and spine injuries, is accused of hitting baby Oryn’s head on a faucet, door frame and changing table.

Randee Adrianne Bastian, the baby’s mother, is accused of knowingly letting the child become “profoundly malnourished” and failing to protect him from his father. Later she allegedly lied to police that the injuries happened when she fell while holding the 3-month-old baby.

The child, who also suffered fractures in an arm and a leg, likely will have long-standing impairments requiring high levels of care, according to a petition seeking permanent termination of the Bastians' parental rights so Oryn can be adopted.

Muskegon County court files provide grim details on the allegations against the Fruitport Township couple, who face charges of felony child abuse.

Both remained in the Muskegon County Jail on Wednesday, March 5. The father’s bond is set at $80,000 cash or surety and the mother’s at $60,000, in both cases with the condition they have no contact with any child.

By court order, the baby is in the care of a foster family under the supervision of the Department of Human Services. That department and the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office are jointly seeking termination of parental rights. Oryn was removed from his parents' custody Dec. 23, 2013.

“Thankfully, this child has made good progress since being cared for by a very loving and caring family,” Chief Assistant Prosecutor Timothy Maat said in a statement March 5.

“Our office will continue to work with the Department of Human Services to ensure this child’s safety and well being,” Maat said. “We commend DHS and the Fruitport Police department for working together so closely and effectively in getting to the truth and protecting this child from further abuse and neglect.”

Brown found evidence of bleeding on the brain, behind the eyes and around the spinal cord that, she said, would have been caused by a whiplash-type motion.

According to the termination petition, she also determined that the baby received a penile injury on Nov. 30 that was abusive, and that Oryn “was profoundly malnourished due to nutritional neglect,” in the words of the petition. She also found fractures to the baby’s left forearm in two places and his right thigh at the knee.

According to the termination petition, Kevin Bastian admitted he was responsible for many of the baby’s injuries, including those just before the hospitalization. He allegedly made these statements in writing:

“I’m guilty of Oryn’s injuries because I would play way too rough with him – my wife would tell me to stop. I picked him up in the air and would toss him up and I did this 3 or 4 times before he passed out (or went to sleep). I have laid in bed with Oryn and he rolled off from the bed. Oryn hit his head on the couch when I threw him in the air.

“12/20/2013 ... before seizure I went to move him from the changing table to the bed—his head hit the changing table – he went limp and stopped breathing – I did CPR – chest compressions.” He also allegedly wrote: “I feel so responsible for what I did to Oryn.”

According to the petition, Randee Bastian “indicated that she failed to protect the child from the father, recklessly handled and cared for the child and failed to provide for the child’s nourishment and development. She also admitted that she lied to the police when she told them that she stumbled with Oryn as an explanation on why he received his injuries.”

According to the termination petition, "The child has been thriving in foster-care and under supervision of DHS. The child's best interests would be served by being adopted by a loving, nurturing and caring family or person.

"It is likely the child will have longstanding impairments that will require high levels of care."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/03/court_files_detail_charges_aga.html

“I’m guilty of Oryn’s injuries because I would play way too rough with him – my wife would tell me to stop. I picked him up in the air and would toss him up and I did this 3 or 4 times before he passed out (or went to sleep). I have laid in bed with Oryn and he rolled off from the bed. Oryn hit his head on the couch when I threw him in the air.
Do they honestly believe that someone out there is going to buy these stories? They have to know how fucking ridiculous this sounds. First it's an incredibly stupid idea to "toss" a three month old, you don't do that until they are plenty old enough to have 100% head and neck control and even if you are stupid enough to try it with a three month old that in and of itself is not going to cause the level of injury that this baby suffered, unless you throw them 20 feet in the air and forget to catch them. Honestly, these assholes have to know how fucking stupid these excuses sound, right?

[...]
Mother accused by authorities of knowingly letting her child be abused by his father and allowing the baby to become severely malnourished has been bound over to circuit court.

A judge also denied Monday, March 24 a request from her attorney to have her bond reduced.

Randee Adrianne Bastian, 27, charged with second-degree child abuse and lying to police, waived her preliminary examination Monday and also had her request to reduce her bond amount denied by a judge.

She is currently lodged in the Muskegon County Jail being held on a $60,000 cash or surety bond. The child abuse charge is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and lying to a police officer is a two-year high-court misdemeanor.
[...]
A judge recently ordered that the baby remain in the custody of the Department of Human Services with a foster family. The custody case is scheduled for a review hearing April 23.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/03/denied_judge_denies_request_to.html

I am so happy they are terminating the parents rights to this child and that he is in a much better place and loved.

What a giant douche. That's not called playing rough, it's intentional child abuse. You tossed your infant into the air until he passed out. You both deserve to die.

My littlest little's name is Lauren but we all call her Orin cause that's how her 2 year old sister says her name and it just stuck. It made me even sadder that this little one has the same name :( Hope you find a wonderful, loving family baby Oryn!!

“I feel so responsible for what I did to Oryn.”

That's because you ARE responsible, you fucking dipshit.

I'm heartsick and tired of these baby/child abusers. Time to stop pissing about and just euthanize the lot of them.

MUSKEGON, MI - A Fruitport Township father has been sentenced to years in prison for seriously injuring his infant son.

Muskegon County 14th Circuit Judge Timothy G. Hicks on Monday, March 23, sentenced Kevin Lee Bastian to between 3 ½ and 21 years in the Michigan Department of Corrections for first-degree child abuse. Bastian, 26, received credit for 388 days he had already spent in the Muskegon County Jail.

He pleaded no contest as charged Feb. 23.
According to the Muskegon County Prosecutor's Office, the child's current caretaker reports he has made a full recovery, but doctors warn that impairments may not be discovered until later in life. The child, now about 18 months old, is being well cared for under the supervision of Muskegon County Family Court and the Department of Human Services, according to the prosecutor's office.

The baby's mother, Randee Adrianne Bastian, is scheduled for sentencing Friday. She pleaded guilty as charged earlier to second-degree child abuse and lying to police, according to court records.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...ere_infant_abuse_means_year.html#incart_river

He needs to serve 21 fucking years for what he did. He is a real sick piece of shit and needs to be erased. Mom too.

Back