• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
For almost five years, Akia Eggleston’s family has anxiously waited for authorities to figure out what happened to the pregnant 22-year-old Baltimore mother who vanished just days before her baby shower.

On Thursday, that day finally arrived with the arrest of Michael Robertson, the 41-year-old father of Eggleston’s unborn child. The Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s office said Robertson has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with Eggleston’s May 2017 disappearance.

Her remains have never been recovered. Robertson was arrested in Michigan on Tuesday and is awaiting extradition. It was unclear if he had an attorney.

“Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and their prayers and hope for our family that we would find her alive,” Eggleston's aunt, Sanobia Wilson, said during a Thursday press conference. “Even though the evidence says something different, that she’s not, we just want to say thank you and to please continue to keep us in your prayers.”

The arrest signals the end of a case that garnered national attention after Eggleston, who was eight months pregnant with her second child, went missing on May 3, 2017, after stopping at a bank near the Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore. Authorities at the time said that Eggleston’s friend dropped her off at her Cherry Hill home soon after. She was reported missing four days later when she did not show up for her baby shower.

During a press conference announcing the charges, Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby detailed Eggleston’s last steps before she vanished—noting that cellphone data and photographs helped build a case against Robertson.

“This has been a long and painful journey for the family of Akia Eggleston,” FBI-Baltimore supervisory special agent Shayne Buchwald said on Thursday. “For nearly five years, the people of Baltimore have searched, hoped, and mourned with Akia’s family and friends, but they never gave up and neither did we.”
1643910306438.png

Authorities have arrested Michael Robertson and charged him with murder in the 2017 disappearance of Akia Eggleston, a woman with whom he was having a child who went missing just days before her baby shower, Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby said Thursday.

He is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the killing of Eggleston and her unborn child. He faces a maximum penalty of two life sentences in prison if found guilty.

Eggleston, 22, was excited to move in with the father of her child, Robertson, who was in a relationship with another 22-year-old woman. That woman had recently given birth to the couple’s second child, Mosby said.

Investigators allege the 41-year-old sent Eggleston pictures of an apartment interior on May 2, 2017.

About 1:24 p.m., Eggleston purchased two money orders totaling $450 after making several ATM withdrawals from her savings account, Mosby said.

Moments later, Eggleston messaged Robertson on Facebook, “I called you, I got the money order.”

That afternoon, Eggleston unsuccessfully attempted to withdraw cash twice from an ATM at a Wells Fargo location downtown.

Authorities allege Eggleston and Robertson were texting back and forth on May 3, the day law enforcement officials now believe she was killed.

That day, Eggleston was seen on surveillance video depositing the two money orders and a paycheck from her employer at a BB&T location in the central business district. She then withdrew $450 dollars.

About 4 p.m., Robertson allegedly took a Lyft ordered by Eggleston to the Cherry Hill neighborhood. Phone records indicate Robertson was in the area near Eggleston’s residence from 5:35 p.m. to 6:18 p.m., Mosby said.

At about 5:22 p.m., Eggleston sent a friend an invite to her baby shower on the following Sunday, Mosby said. It was her last known communication.

According to Mosby, phone records show a telemarketer tried to call Eggleston at 6:57 p.m. At that time, both her phone and Robertson’s were located downtown, she said. Eggleston’s phone activity ends there, indicating the device was either turned off or disabled, Mosby said.

Using a reverse image search, investigators determined the apartment picture Robertson had sent the day before was a completely different residence from the one he had named.

Mosby indicated investigators learned of a “volatile argument” between Robertson and the mother of his children the night before Eggleston disappeared. That evening, Eggleston had shared a sonogram picture on Facebook.

On the day of Eggleston’s shower, family members said they found her apartment nearly cleaned out. Police first thought this was a clue that she walked off on her own.

But in July 2017, a police spokesman said investigators had come to believe that foul play may have been involved.

In November 2017, the FBI Baltimore Field Office offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

Her father, Shawn Wilkinson, told WJZ in 2019 “[t]here were no signs that any of us saw that she would just want to pack up and leave.”

Wilkinson said he feels the pain every day.

“I am missing a daughter and you know where your loved ones are,” he said. “You know where your daughter, your sister, your mom, whomever you care about are. I don’t know where my child is and I don’t know where my grandson is.”

In May 2021, the Baltimore Police Department again asked for help locating Eggleston.
1643910554365.png

Damn what a surprise. I see her and she is very pretty and sunshine and puppies and kittens and everything good comes to mind. Then, Calibos!

Outside Baltimore City Circuit Court, the family of Akia Eggleston embraced one another just minutes after the jury returned a verdict they’ve long waited for.
Michael Robertson had been found guilty of two counts of first degree murder in the 2017 deaths of Akia and their unborn child Anubis.

“We thank God that it was the right verdict,” said Ann Wilson, Akia’s maternal grandmother. “Now I can go on with her in my heart. Keep her in my heart and the baby. Words cannot explain how happy I am that this is over.”
It's a case that gained national attention and one some feared would never be solved.
Robertson’s attorney says Robertson plans to appeal the verdict, and released this statement.

"Michael has maintained his innocence throughout every stage of this case, so we were expecting a different outcome and plan to appeal."

Akia’s family believes the jury got it right.

“We thank God for this verdict today that the law works. The law works. We are so grateful this is the right and correct verdict for this trial,” said Anthony Wilson, Akia’s great uncle.

“I’m grateful today that justice has been served,” said Sanobia Wilson, Akia’s aunt.

“We stood together and that’s the key,” said Shawn Wilkinson, Akia’s stepfather. “We continue to grieve because we do not have Akia or her son to properly bury. We are so grateful the verdict is such.”

Michael Robertson was handed two consecutive life sentences for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Akia Eggleston and her unborn son.https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/n...e-of-pregnant-baltimore-woman-akia-eggleston/
Robertson had been found guilty of two counts of murder in the death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

"This sentence ensures that Michael Robertson will no longer be a threat to the safety of others and will spend the rest of his life behind bars for the egregious violence he inflicted upon Akia Eggleston and her unborn child," Baltimore City State's Attorney Ivan Bates said. "My prayers are with Ms. Eggleston's family, who had to wait such a long time to see justice done. It was the vigilance of our Homicide Division, ASA Kurt Bjorklund, the Baltimore Police Department, and our partners in law enforcement, including Missing Persons and the FBI, that made this conviction possible. My gratitude is with them for ensuring that this defendant was held accountable."
Eggleston went missing in May of 2017 right before her baby shower. The 22-year-old was eight months pregnant at the time.

Back