• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
2024-biden-highlighting-major-investment-81468673.jpg

WASHINGTON — President Biden claimed Wednesday that voters were wrong to blame him for high inflation because it “was 9% when I came to office” — when in fact it actually was just 1.4%.

“No president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation, It was 9% when I came to office — 9%,” Biden told CNN’s Erin Burnett in a rare interview.

The 81-year-old president defended his economic policies after Burnett pressed him on the fact that “voters by a wide margin trust [former President Donald] Trump more on the economy.”

Biden insisted ahead of his November rematch against Trump that he already “turned around” the economy, despite persistently high inflation and interest rates.

Inflation crept up shortly after Biden took office before surging to rates unseen since the early 1980s, peaking at an annual rate of 9.1% in June 2022 — 17 months after he took office.

Biden’s critics, including prominent Democratic economists, say massive spending passed during Biden’s first year in office fueled the rapid loss of a dollar’s buying power by effectively printing more money.

Since Biden took office, the average prices of goods and services have increased 19%, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data.

During Trump’s four years in office, by comparison, prices increased by 8%, or roughly 2% per year.

“Voters by a wide margin trust Trump more on the economy — they say that in polls — and part of the reason for that may be the numbers,” Burnett told Biden during a day-trip to swing-state Wisconsin.

“And you’re aware of many of these, of course: the cost of buying a home in the United States is double what it was — when you look at your monthly costs — from before the pandemic, real income when you account for inflation is actually down since you took office, economic growth last week fell short of expectations, consumer confidence — maybe no surprise — is near a two-year low.”

Burnett asked: “With less than six months to go to election day, are you worried that you’re running out of time to turn that around? “

“We’ve already turned it around,” Biden insisted.

“Look at the [University of] Michigan survey — 65% of the American people think they’re in good shape economically. They think the nation is not in good shape. They’re personally good shape. The polling data has been wrong all along.”

Biden said that high inflation was the result of “corporate greed” and “shrinkflation,” after previously blaming COVID-19 supply chain issues and Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

“There’s corporate greed going on out there,” the president said.

Full Article:

The president is not smart enough to realize he sucks at his job. This is what happens when you vote for people like this.
I can't fathom why Trump OR Biden would lie about such easily checkable things.
To me it's disrespect and disdain for Americans.

But maybe they're right, no one questions a damn thing when they're told what they want to hear. Propaganda only works on those who want to believe it. I'm sure there are people out there that believe what he said and will never ever look deeper.
Even the NY Post used incorrect info because --who cares? Say it enough times and dum-dums act like they saw it with their own two eyes.

Why do you think the disparagement of education is happening and "I love the poorly educated" was said?

( Surely you aren't saying Trump is a better candidate because of Biden's lie? Cast your gaze over this. If you disagree with any part of it, let's check it out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_or_misleading_statements_by_Donald_Trump )

I can't fathom why Trump OR Biden would lie about such easily checkable things.
To me it's disrespect and disdain for Americans.

But maybe they're right, no one questions a damn thing when they're told what they want to hear. Propaganda only works on those who want to believe it. I'm sure there are people out there that believe what he said and will never ever look deeper.
Even the NY Post used incorrect info because --who cares? Say it enough times and dum-dums act like they saw it with their own two eyes.

Why do you think the disparagement of education is happening and "I love the poorly educated" was said?

( Surely you aren't saying Trump is a better candidate because of Biden's lie? Cast your gaze over this. If you disagree with any part of it, let's check it out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_or_misleading_statements_by_Donald_Trump )

Actually dislike Brandon because he's a lifetime criminal. The letters refuse to investigate him and his fellow politicians don't want him investigated because it would also incriminate all them
There is no other reason everyone claimed Hunters laptop was Russian collusion, when they knew dam well it wasn't, and they claimed the Steele dossier as truth, when they knew it wasn't
Seems our government is currupt from top to bottom or the CIA, FBI, DOJ are totally incompetent
If they weren't in politics, they'd probably all be used car salesmen or running some ponzi scam

Last edited:
My dad once told me when you are voting for a politician, you are voting for the best liar.
And yet, people perennially insist on having governments:

Last edited:
Next week he's going to tell us that the national debt that climbed fro 23 trillion to 35 trillion in the time he has been in office was all of Trump or Putins spending.

That's the whole point, that he doesn't fucking even understand.

That's the whole point, that he doesn't fucking even understand.

Oh, I'm pretty sure he understands that. If I can, he can.

Also, I think it's a mistake to automatically chalk everything up to aging issues, these "gaffes", and moving on.

If you pay attention, the bulk, the less notable ones, are ambivalent, open- to- interpretation obscuring devices designed to conceal non-answers.

He encourages, wisely or not, this fumbling old man thing.

My dad pulled it all the time. It lowered people's expectations of him, bought time, they dropped their guard, built in deniability, and it appealed to their protective urge without them knowing so.
Then he'd dance down the street, kicking his heels in the air, twirling his cane like a baton once he was out of sight if the mark.

I used to feel sorry for Biden and the meaness about all this.

What do you think people like, an understandably flustered older man having questions shouted at him, or an out and out deliberate liar?

It's about the comparison between him and Trump.

He's lying -but that's not the perception.
You think he's stupid @Turd Fergusen. That's still better than a wikipedia entry about all your lies, right?
Moral. Honest. Respectful to the public. Fallible. Everyman.

90% don't check his, or anybodies, figures. The rest will excuse it.
Few will say "intentionally misleading falsehood".

It's a tactic.

Well played Joe.

I sadly, don't believe it is a tactic at all.

Part of my professional career is being annually trained on red flags of diminished capacity. It starts out usually small, an unwilling attitude to small changes, then forgetting small but also big kind of things (i.e. your long-term neighbor, John Doe, becomes: "you know who, down the street in the brown house"). You call your watch a "wrist clock". He is past this stage. It is sad. The whole narrative of "behind closed doors, he's an amazing/coherent leader" is getting harder and harder to believe, mainly because there is no way it is true.

Biden repeats lie that inflation ‘was at 9% when I came in’ as president​

WASHINGTON — President Biden again claimed Tuesday that the annual US inflation rate was 9% when he took office in January 2021 — when it actually was 1.4% and didn’t pass 9% until 17 months into his term — as he attempted to deflect public disenchantment with the economy.

The 81-year-old president made the incorrect assertion when asked during a brief interview with Yahoo Finance why families don’t feel very “wealthy” right now.

“I think inflation has gone slightly up. It was at 9% when I came in and it’s now down to about 3%,” Biden claimed, illogically.

Back