• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
This case makes me a lil crazy. How can they know nothing? She just vanished into thin air? I want to hear the 911 recording.

For some reason, I have never thought this was a case like so many that end with a teen & her loser boyfriend kill a family in anger for keeping them apart. This is ONLY based on a gut feeling that has no basis in the scant facts I've heard. So I could very well be wrong.

But almost immediately I thought of Joseph Duncan & the Groene family. If I remember correctly, Duncan chose the Groene at random & later said that he'd approached the home with the intention to walk away if the doors weren't locked. Unfortunately they were not locked.

Lack of released info is very annoying, but this is definitely a case where investigators must balance the amount to gain help from public & yet keeping enough back to quickly eliminate tips that are not related & therefore keep resources in actually pertinent info.

& later said that he'd approached the home with the intention to walk away if the doors weren't locked. Unfortunately they were not locked.

He stole that from Richard Remirez ... he used to take an unlocked door as an invitation.

Duncan kept them for a while ... that poor girl.

I wish Oprah would adopt her ... and her little boys ...

She needs a guardian, and her angels are working overtime, and she is special ...

But almost immediately I thought of Joseph Duncan & the Groene family.

You know I thought of the same. He had those kids for a few months I think. They went from campsite to campsite where he made them have sex with him and each other, until he decided to kill the boy. I'm sure we'll get an update at some point.

I definitely was in the "planned with older boyfriend" camp at first because it happens distressingly often (and she wouldn't even have been the youngest). But they ALWAYS fuck up and get caught. So I no longer feel that way, it's been far too long. I really hope she's still alive, but now that it seems less likely she was involved, it feels baaaad to me.

For some reason, I have never thought this was a case like so many that end with a teen & her loser boyfriend kill a family in anger for keeping them apart. This is ONLY based on a gut feeling that has no basis in the scant facts I've heard. So I could very well be wrong.

The fact that there is so little info makes this unlikely. These dopey teens pretty much never keep shit under wraps, not to mention there is always a social media or other communication history that can be tracked in those cases.

But almost immediately I thought of Joseph Duncan & the Groene family. If I remember correctly, Duncan chose the Groene at random & later said that he'd approached the home with the intention to walk away if the doors weren't locked. Unfortunately they were not locked.

Could be. Then again, there also could have been a family friend or someone in the nearby community who had a grudge or had an eye for the girl.

Starting to feel all too similar to the Indiana girls that were murdered. I keep hoping the authorities have a lot more info then has been released to the media or are tracking more then theyre letting on, like with the ohio mass murders that recently had some arrests, but the more time that goes by, the less likely it seems.

You're right on all counts, Jack. Most crimes seem to at least have a couple good theories on the who-what-when - where, even if it can't be easily solved. Jayme and the Delphi girls seem so random and beyond any obvious possibility.

I really believe that the investigation is holding lot of info very close. I hope that it will help eventually ensure justice but also fear that the secrecy may prolong the time because potentially vital witnesses may not even realize they have info.

I am amazed at this. I really, really hope that she is as innocent as all the news are making it sound. I can't imagine wtf happened. I bet about a bajillion badly made movies will be out soon enough.

The press conference started half an hour ago. You can watch it live online, and there's no region blocks at least in Canada which is great. I missed the first half hour, I just heard them say here's a look at the suspect and here's a suspect's name... It'll all be out soon. I'm just really excited so I had to post. Edit: Jake Patterson, age 21.

https://amp-jsonline-com.cdn.amppro...rrested-identified-jake-patterson/2547093002/.
Post automatically merged:

He looks exactly what I'd expect someone only 21 kidnapping kids to look like.

cb4956e7-3cfb-4660-8a88-c94634182aba-closs_suspect.jpg

Last edited:
Pictured: Man, 21, is charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs, 13, and murdering her parents after she managed to escape cottage in oversized shoes and raise the alarm after 88 DAYS in captivity
  • Jake Thomas Patterson is in custody on two charges of first degree intentional homicide in the deaths of Jayme's parents and one count of kidnapping
  • Jayme Closs, 13, was found alive in Douglas County, Wisconsin
  • She was abducted from her home in October, when her parents were murdered
  • Police now say she was 'targeted' but that there was no previous contact
  • Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald say unemployed Patterson 'planned his actions and took many steps to hide his identity'
  • Patterson's neighbor says she didn't know he was living in the house and hadn't seen Jayme around
  • Jayme located in town of Gordon 70 miles from her home Barron, Wisconsin
  • Teen described by couple as 'skinny, dirty and wearing shoes too big for her feet'
  • Kristin and Peter Kasinskas said teen declined food but seemed 'outwardly OK'
  • Jayme said 'who she believed had her' and spoke about 'being locked up'
  • Her relieved family have said she 'is talking and doing very well'
  • Barron County Sheriff said the killer was in the Closs home for only four minutes
  • Killer went a few feet into house, shot James and Denise Closs and took Jayme
  • Both Denise and James died 'instantly' of their wounds, the sheriff said
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...yme-Closs-13-named-Jake-Thomas-Patterson.html

Sadly, it appears that the suspect may have been stalking/watching the home with the specific intent to abduct the child. @ScribbleMuse IMO, nailed this case with the Joseph Duncan reference, and while Duncan said he chose that home randomly, he did spend some time watching the house before hand to know for certain that there were young children living there.

From the live press conference:
The place she was held she at was quite some distance from any neighboring homes, and was more of a cabin structure versus a house, located somewhat deeply out in a wooded or forest area.
No details yet on how she fully managed to escape, nor did the officers at the press conference know how long, by hours or miles, that she had to walk before encountering a woman who was walking her dog and asking her for help.
Thank heavens, the woman recognized the child instantly and ran with her to a nearby house, while banging on the door and yelling, "This is Jayme Closs, call 911!".
The home owner also recognized the girl as soon as she walked in the door, saying she was very thin, dirty, with her hair matted and wearing shoes that were several sizes too large for her. She also said the girl's affect was quiet, or as a medical professional would say, a flat affect.
Understandably so for a 13 year old girl who'd seen her parents killed as she was abducted and held for nearly 3 months, with Lord knows what happening to her during the time she's been missing - 3 months can seem like years to even an adult who's been abducted, to a child who'd already been traumatized by the circumstances of her abduction alone, it must have seemed like an eternity.

One thing we can be certain of is that Jayme had the ability to keep her wits about her, and must have watched and waited for her chance to escape, which it's being reported at this time that she did so through the front door of the cabin.
The courage it must have taken to make a run for freedom, while knowing that she might be killed for an escape attempt is immeasurable, and this young girl somehow found the bravery within herself, despite the trauma and gravity of her situation to run for her life through an unfamiliar area and woods, and then to approach the first stranger she encountered to ask for help.
She did not allow herself to be "brainwashed" or otherwise intimidated into total submission by her captor, as in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, and by taking her chances when she saw the opportunity, she saved herself from whatever fate her captor had planned for her.

IMO, she is the epitome of a hero, in every sense of the word.
May she now be allowed to return to her surviving family members, given all the love, help and therapy needed to emotionally recover as best she possibly can, and that her recovery be as soothing as possible for her at this time in knowing she is now safe from the monster who murdered her parents and abducted her.

I immediately thought incel, too.

That was my thought also, but I'm still not sure. More proactive and a direct problem solver than the incels we've come to know. Most of them just seem to want to "get revenge for their kind". This guy decided to make someone else involuntary.

I guess we have to wait for the manifesto. 4chan anyone?

Gotta wonder if the guy has done anything else. He's young, so maybe he hasnt. Id be looking at any kids he had access to growing up though, family members and such.

Surprised the girl had that much gumption to escape. So many of these abduction cases where the kid is held longterm, where the criminal grows confident/comfortable and doesnt keep the kid chained and whatnot, feature kids who are too scared to make a move.

Wonder how he selected her/that house. I didnt think their home was in a rural area or isolated in any significant way was it? Wonder how long he was trolling the streets of various cities searching for a kid he liked. Creep.

No death penalty in Wisconsin, unfortunately

Apparently this white trash Wisonsin clan raised TWO scumbags. Read this on Heavy.com...

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/jake-patterson/

"Patterson’s brother, whose Facebook page said he’d moved to Colorado and worked at Subway, has a criminal history for fourth-degree sexual assault and felony drug dealing, Wisconsin court records show."

"Another neighbor told Daily Beast that the family that associated with the suspect cabin has had run ins with law enforcement over the years."

"“We had some problems with them when they were teenagers – we caught them siphoning gas,” Ronning said to the newspaper. “My husband talked with them and there was never anything else.” Although the brother’s Facebook page says he moved to another state, it’s not clear whether he returned. The mother’s address in the divorce case was given as Minong, which is only about 11 miles from Gordon.
Another local, Patricia Osborne, claimed to the Star Tribune that Patterson had “stolen stuff before. They’ve been in foster care.”"

This family is fucking TRASH.

. Another neighbor told Daily Beast that the family that associated with the suspect cabin has had run ins with law enforcement over the years."
As I thought. In some me rural cabin/hunting shack.
Since hunting season came right in the middle of this, I wonder if his family knew she was there.

As I thought. In some me rural cabin/hunting shack.
Since hunting season came right in the middle of this, I wonder if his family knew she was there.

Some reporter there tweeted early on that law enforcement was looking into multiple suspects. Of course authorities have since made clear this guy is the ONLY suspect. Perhaps they initially told reporter something more vague and he just put out some fucking nonsense that was innaccurate, being an idiot "journalist".

Still, gotta wonder if there's any chance authorities are publically putting out there that there is the one and only suspect so as to prevent other perpetrators from getting nervous or running or hiding evidence or whatever.

Back