• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
, Synthia told police that she knocked him into a dresser, causing him to fall to the floor. She admitted that while on the floor, she stomped on Omaree twice and kicked him in the stomach.

I have a 9 year old i just cant in a million godamn years imagine doing this to him! Stomping on him? WHAT.THE.FUCK.

The recording haunted my dreams. :bigtears:
I'm so sorry they abused his little body & his heart that way. Wish I could give him a hug <3

@cubby @CbabyRKO @Satanica @Muriel Schwenck
November 29th

The state Court of Appeals has voided the most serious conviction against Stephen Casaus after finding that prosecutors were not able to prove his failure to seek medical help for 9-year-old Omaree Varela resulted in the boy’s death.

Last week’s opinion could mean that Casaus will see 18 years cut from the 30-year sentence he received in the case surrounding the death of Varela, his stepson, in December 2013.

At trial, Casaus’ defense team said he was in the bathroom using heroin when the boy’s mother beat him to death, but a jury found Casaus guilty of child abuse recklessly caused or permitted resulting in death, along with four lesser charges. His remaining convictions were affirmed by the court.

Along with child abuse resulting in death, Casaus was found guilty of tampering with evidence, child abuse, and two counts of bribery of a witness.

Casaus has also been sentenced to nine years in a state court trafficking case, in addition to a 10-year sentence for a federal firearms conviction, according to court documents.

Synthia Varela-Casaus, his mother, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and lesser charges and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. She told reporters shortly after her arrest that she kicked the 9-year-old “the wrong way.”
https://www.abqjournal.com/1252125/court-voids-1-conviction-in-death-of-omaree.html
1543771945721.png
1543771993321.png

Last edited:
A little bit of justice....no where fucking near the justice Omaree deserves for his life of being abused but a bit.

How many are there supposed to be, and how long do they stay on average before high-tailing it out of there? Sounds like the place has a revolving door.
I know this comment is ancient history, but Jesus Christ something is horribly wrong here "Of the last 300 case workers hired by CYFD, 293 have left " The workplace culture of this department must be a living hell.

Of so much nastiness on DD, this one really stuck with me because the boy asked cops directly for help and they either failed to see or were constrained by legalities.
I bet most LE who worked that 911 call are twisting with regret whether over inability due to red tape, or their own indecision.
Knowledge of ignorance or ommission is a hard thing to deal with. "I should have known" is a harsh long lasting self condemnation.

"Last year, an appeals court overturned that conviction, saying there was no evidence Omaree would have survived if treated. On Wednesday, Judge Stan Whitaker reduced Casaus’ sentence to 14.5 years for lesser child abuse and other charges, nine years of which he still has left.

After that, he’s still slated to serve nearly 20 years in prison on other convictions, including drug trafficking and federal gun charges."

L I N K !!

Back