• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
It doesn't do much for your defense when your lone supporter looks like they have been attacked by an angry mob of kindergarten kids with permanent markers.

Another case of too many kids in need with not enough (and under paid)CYFD workers...Poor baby asked for help and got nothing :( We have this stupid idea of always being "family first" and nobody does anything about abuse until the child dies

“I was disciplining him and I kicked him the wrong way; it was an accident,..... “I messed up.”

I, by nature, am not a violent person, but I want to kick the shit out of this shit-stain so bad!!!!! Really, I do. And when she comes to days later, I promise to look her in the eyes and say, "Oops".
But, that's just me.

A division within the state’s Children, Youth and Families Department in charge of investigating child abuse cases returned millions of dollars in 2013.

CYFD handled the investigation of Omaree Varela’s child abuse case.

“After taking a closer look, we’re very alarmed to find out that since Gov. Martinez has been in office, this particular department has been returning almost $2 million a year,” said state Sen. Michael Padilla. “The situation with Omaree needs to be investigated, but not having enough social workers at CYFD is obviously one of the direct causes.”

CYFD has said there is a challenge with recruiting and retaining case workers.

Of the last 300 case workers hired by CYFD, 293 have left. This has left money for salaries unused.

“The employees of CYFD work very hard, they have a really tough job, so what we need to do is make sure we have enough social workers, enough employees, so they can share the work load there,” said Padilla.

For the Governor’s Office, a department returning money is not unusual and this is a problem with recruiting and retaining caseworkers.
[...]

Padilla convinced the attorney general’s office to launch an independent investigation into Varela’s death.
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...ers/-/9153762/23989732/-/3c9t3cz/-/index.html

Of the last 300 case workers hired by CYFD, 293 have left. This has left money for salaries unused.
“The employees of CYFD work very hard, they have a really tough job, so what we need to do is make sure we have enough social workers, enough employees, so they can share the work load there,” said Padilla.

How many are there supposed to be, and how long do they stay on average before high-tailing it out of there? Sounds like the place has a revolving door.

I know it's not popular to be anti-tattoo, but how the HELL does someone with THAT many tattoos ever get a job? Fer real?

I know it's not popular to be anti-tattoo, but how the HELL does someone with THAT many tattoos ever get a job? Fer real?

. . . after getting a couple you work at a tattoo parlor, biker bar, as a bouncer, or as an actor (in her case she looks like someone from the extras lot for "Orange Is the New Black").

I mean, that is totally the stereotype-- but there actually are plenty of people with facial/hand/neck tats who work in labs or at like, coffee shops, colleges, bars, etc-- it's that they *just* have the jobstoppers and are otherwise not a flaming hot mess. I know a film professor in NY who makes a solid 85k with 3 neck tats and an 8-across. She looks like an artist or a "hip" person-- not like this Roberta person.

. . . after getting a couple you work at a tattoo parlor, biker bar, as a bouncer, or as an actor (in her case she looks like someone from the extras lot for "Orange Is the New Black").

I mean, that is totally the stereotype-- but there actually are plenty of people with facial/hand/neck tats who work in labs or at like, coffee shops, colleges, bars, etc-- it's that they *just* have the jobstoppers and are otherwise not a flaming hot mess. I know a film professor in NY who makes a solid 85k with 3 neck tats and an 8-across. She looks like an artist or a "hip" person-- not like this Roberta person.

Yeah...I definitely don't think the tattoos are the prime reason she looks unemployable.

Yeah...I definitely don't think the tattoos are the prime reason she looks unemployable.
I think to be all tatted out and still get a good job you need to take into account what tattoos show and the like. I have 22 tattoos now and I have 4 that always show but they are rings on my fingers. When I go into court my neck shows too, I have 4 stars down the back of my neck, one for each of my boys. But by and large mine get overlooked because I'm good at my job and can put the clients at ease so I have yet to work anywhere that my coworkers have complained. With that said the tattoos of mine that always show are small, tasteful and very meaningful, it's not like I have "BUBBA" on the side of my neck and a clown face done in tattoo ink.

Roberta aka boo boo nasty old heroine addict from back in the day... Wow can't think how this person could be moral character??? And synthia has always been a mean bitch.. I can see her being a very abusive person

Roberta aka boo boo nasty old heroine addict from back in the day... Wow can't think how this person could be moral character??? And synthia has always been a mean bitch.. I can see her being a very abusive person
Do you personally know them..

So you know Synthia, and you know of Roberta? Did you ever meet Omaree? It sounds like you've known Synthia for a long time; are you a relative or ex-friend of hers?

So you know Synthia, and you know of Roberta? Did you ever meet Omaree? It sounds like you've known Synthia for a long time; are you a relative or ex-friend of hers?
No i never met her kids I know these women from way back in the 90's but she was always trash

Ok, so I have an idea... since she apparently repeatedly abused this child and NO ONE permanently stopped her. I say we take it upon ourselves to dole out some abuse on her.

Lets start with a stiff brush (the kind you use to scrub a deck floor with), and a tub filled up to the brim with ammonia. Strip the witch and shove her into the tub and scrub her skin raw, dipping a small pail into the tub pouring the ammonia over the raw skin, ensuring that the ammonia are covering her raw flesh. Next, take a diabetic's lancet kit and set it to it's highest setting, and repeatedly 'prick' her skin, over and over, in multiple places all over her body. Draw blood wherever you can. Be sure to make a circle with a sharpie wherever you've "lanced" her body. When you're finished with this, take a jalapeno pepper, or ten, slice the end off, and press the pepper to each of the 'circles', and squeeze the pepper. Be sure to get some of the seeds on the skin too. Using your own finger, try to rub it in. Continue until you've hit every circle. When you've completed this process, tie her hands together above her head and stand her up, preferably outside of the tub, so that you don't hurt yourself in the process of this next task. Use an aluminum or wooden bat, whichever you happen to have handy (or a tree branch, or a 2x4) and swing at her mid-section, multiple times. Crack some ribs if necessary. Make sure you hit her hard enough that you leave a lot of bruises. When you've finished doing this, pause and put the weapon down, and swing your leg high enough to kick her in the face. Connect your foot with her chin. With a little luck, you'll dislocate her jaw. Feel free to do this as many times as you like, so long as you don't kill her. We aren't nearly finished with her. When you're done, turn her around and kick her in the back a few times, bruising her in the kidney area some. Maybe break a few more ribs. You'll see some reddish discoloration from the earlier attempts to cause pain, just ignore that and continue on to her backside. Insert a funnel into her anal opening. Pour a container full of fire ants into her anal opening, and when they are all down there, remove the funnel and seal her anus shut, using super glue. If you don't think the super glue will hold, double secure it with gorilla tape, by going around the hips, across the pubic area, and covering it tightly. (Something akin to a chastity belt). Then turn her back around and use a scalpel to make slight nicks all over her skin on her breasts, neck, chest, and face, then take sand, from the beach and rub it in the wounds. When you're finished with these tasks, force her mouth open, and release a scorpion into her mouth. Tape her mouth shut.

Leave her there to die.

I have absolutely ZERO regard for this waste of human anything for what she did to this precious child. I don't care why she did what she did. What I care about, is that instead of giving the child up, SHE ABUSED REPEATEDLY AND THEN KILLED THE CHILD!

~shadow

Shadow said:
Ok, so I have an idea... since she apparently repeatedly abused this child and NO ONE permanently stopped her. I say we take it upon ourselves to dole out some abuse on her.

Lets start with a stiff brush (the kind you use to scrub a deck floor with), and a tub filled up to the brim with ammonia. Strip the witch and shove her into the tub and scrub her skin raw, dipping a small pail into the tub pouring the ammonia over the raw skin, ensuring that the ammonia are covering her raw flesh. Next, take a diabetic's lancet kit and set it to it's highest setting, and repeatedly 'prick' her skin, over and over, in multiple places all over her body. Draw blood wherever you can. Be sure to make a circle with a sharpie wherever you've "lanced" her body. When you're finished with this, take a jalapeno pepper, or ten, slice the end off, and press the pepper to each of the 'circles', and squeeze the pepper. Be sure to get some of the seeds on the skin too. Using your own finger, try to rub it in. Continue until you've hit every circle. When you've completed this process, tie her hands together above her head and stand her up, preferably outside of the tub, so that you don't hurt yourself in the process of this next task. Use an aluminum or wooden bat, whichever you happen to have handy (or a tree branch, or a 2x4) and swing at her mid-section, multiple times. Crack some ribs if necessary. Make sure you hit her hard enough that you leave a lot of bruises. When you've finished doing this, pause and put the weapon down, and swing your leg high enough to kick her in the face. Connect your foot with her chin. With a little luck, you'll dislocate her jaw. Feel free to do this as many times as you like, so long as you don't kill her. We aren't nearly finished with her. When you're done, turn her around and kick her in the back a few times, bruising her in the kidney area some. Maybe break a few more ribs. You'll see some reddish discoloration from the earlier attempts to cause pain, just ignore that and continue on to her backside. Insert a funnel into her anal opening. Pour a container full of fire ants into her anal opening, and when they are all down there, remove the funnel and seal her anus shut, using super glue. If you don't think the super glue will hold, double secure it with gorilla tape, by going around the hips, across the pubic area, and covering it tightly. (Something akin to a chastity belt). Then turn her back around and use a scalpel to make slight nicks all over her skin on her breasts, neck, chest, and face, then take sand, from the beach and rub it in the wounds. When you're finished with these tasks, force her mouth open, and release a scorpion into her mouth. Tape her mouth shut.

Leave her there to die.

I have absolutely ZERO regard for this waste of human anything for what she did to this precious child. I don't care why she did what she did. What I care about, is that instead of giving the child up, SHE ABUSED REPEATEDLY AND THEN KILLED THE CHILD!

~shadow
Remind me to never piss you off.
Great idea though. It sounds like fun.

Remind me to never piss you off.
Great idea though. It sounds like fun.

Sweetheart,
I don't get that pissed off at people that love children and will be the children's voices. I love children and animals and anyone who would harm a child or animal doesn't deserve to breathe the same air we do. I know that sounds judgmental but I'm tired of hearing the news tell of how this child died at the hands of their own parent, or this animal was killed by that asshole because it peed on the floor. I have a precious lil' pup, pictured in my avatar. Sure, she has accidents sometimes.. I'd never strike her for that. I couldn't fathom it. It just doesn't make any sense to me. When she comes to me and wants pettings, she gets 'em. I love my lil' furbaby to death. I also have 4 children who grew up into decent human beings. I had a hell of a time mentally and emotionally while they were young, between abusive asshole husbands and dealing with CPS.. but I NEVER abused or neglected my kids. CPS tried to say I did, but it was all circumstantial based on a statement made by a daycare owner that was pissed off because I took my kid out of daycare. She lost the account, so she thought to turn me in, and made up a bunch of shit.

~shadow

Sweetheart,
I don't get that pissed off at people that love children and will be the children's voices. I love children and animals and anyone who would harm a child or animal doesn't deserve to breathe the same air we do. I know that sounds judgmental but I'm tired of hearing the news tell of how this child died at the hands of their own parent, or this animal was killed by that asshole because it peed on the floor. I have a precious lil' pup, pictured in my avatar. Sure, she has accidents sometimes.. I'd never strike her for that. I couldn't fathom it. It just doesn't make any sense to me. When she comes to me and wants pettings, she gets 'em. I love my lil' furbaby to death. I also have 4 children who grew up into decent human beings. I had a hell of a time mentally and emotionally while they were young, between abusive asshole husbands and dealing with CPS.. but I NEVER abused or neglected my kids. CPS tried to say I did, but it was all circumstantial based on a statement made by a daycare owner that was pissed off because I took my kid out of daycare. She lost the account, so she thought to turn me in, and made up a bunch of shit.

~shadow
I totally agree.

What Shadow said.

Yesterday I sat the Terrible Two and they were in the "I'm 2 years old and I am going to do whatever I want" mode. Sweet Baby James.... They screamed, cried, fell face down on the floor and had kicking, rolling, screeching tantrums. Nonstop. All day. They threw food, poured milk on the floor, pulled all the diaper wipes out of the holder, poured water in the dog food bowl, wouldn't nap. I'd grab one demon and the other would be off like the wind. They had toy-stealing, book throwing, food smearing, Grandma bashing fun. I was gibbering when Liz got home. I know I ran at least 5 miles thru the house trying to keep them from destroying it, and themselves. I was exasperated, frazzled and on the brink of tears, but it never even crossed my mind to hit, punch, kick or shake them. .k I felt very sorry for myself, but that's all. Wanting to throw a teenager thru a plate glass window, lock yowling baby in a closet, etc..is one thing, DOING it is another. Your feelings are neither right nor wrong, they simply are; it's your actions that matter.

How many are there supposed to be, and how long do they stay on average before high-tailing it out of there? Sounds like the place has a revolving door.
2 years max is all the majority of social workers ever make it. Shitty pay,sad stories, little or no emotional support and the realization that problems that happen in childhood take years to overcome and multiple victimizations will happen in between. Anybody that stays longer is really dedicated or suspicious (using the position for personal gain) and yes DHR can be bought just like teachers,cops,doctors and everyone else that is corrupt. That's what I think when you have these cases where they "failed". Nope just supplementing their income.

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Six months before a 9-year-old boy was allegedly kicked to death by his mother, two officers responded to his home after a disturbing 911 call but did not file a police report. Now, video from the officers’ lapel cameras is being used in an internal affairs investigation to see if the officers dropped the ball.

This is a portion of the 911 call made in June 2012: “I’ve never hated nobody like you in my life ever. You know that Omaree? I hate you like I’ve never hated anybody in my whole life and I’ve been on this earth for 41 Years.”

Police said the call came from the home of Omaree Varela. The boy would die 6 months later allegedly by his mother, Synthia Varela-Casaus.

http://krqe.com/2014/02/05/apd-investigates-if-officers-failed-to-save-boy/

I think I might have to come out of retirement to FP this shit.

@Lizard DO IT!!!!!

The chilling 911 call broadcast by KOAT was made by Omaree Varela from his mother’s cell phone during what she later tells police is a return trip from Wendy’s.

‘I swear I'm going to f*****g have a nervous breakdown, mainly because of this s**t right here,’ Steve Casaus, 41, can be heard saying..’ You make everybody sick around you Omaree. Everybody! You make me and your mom f*****g sick man! I can't stand you Omaree.’

The outburst was prompted by the child mistakenly spilling food.

‘It’s on me, not on nothing else,’ Omaree pleads.

‘It doesn’t f*****g matter,’ the man replies.

The 911 call was the second made by the doomed child in less than a year, but officers Scott McMurrough and Gil Vigil decided to not file a report during a visit after the nearly 20 minute call for help.

The boy complains about a bruise, both parents mock him.

‘He's a s**t, everything f*****g hurts you,’ says Steve Casaus.

‘How can it hurt you one day and not the next day Omaree? It doesn't, does it?! You just want attention right!?’ Synthia Casau, 38, adds.

The abusive parents are unaware the ranting is being recorded and begin threatening violence on the boy.

‘Yeah, f*****g beat the s**t out of you Omaree,’ the man says.

Now crying, Omaree shouts ‘stop, please.’

‘Shut the f**k up before I really pop you hard man,’ Steve Casaus fires back.

‘You caused this on yourself Omaree, cause you don’t want to f*****g change do you?’ His known-prostitute mother shouts.

‘And you want me to be your dad? F**k you! I ain't gonna be s**t to you. Don't you even f*****g look at me as your dad. F**k you Omaree! F**k you,’ says the man.

‘I never hated nobody like you in my life, ever,’ Steve Casaus continues. ‘You know that Omaree. I hate you more than I ever hated anybody in my whole life. And I've been on this earth 41 years, and nobody made me feel the way you do Omaree.’

Cops asked during the visit, video of which was made public by KOAT, if there was any yelling going on, both adults nervously blamed it on neighbors that ‘always drink.’

Both parents talked nervously, their cadence varied and they gave off the impression they had something to hide.
[...]

When told the 911 call was recorded and it would be reviewed, the mother tried to explain away her yelling by saying a toddler tried to hand her a soda and spilled it all over her.

‘That’s the reason why they say not to give them Coke,’ she insisted.

When asked about comments regarding a bruise, the mother said it was hers, and from a blood transfusion.

The officers asked to see the children. When brought out, they were silent – perhaps afraid of retribution for telling the truth about what happened during their ride home.

The two cops never asked to speak to the children alone, but quickly decided everything was okay and went on their way.
[...]
‘You seem like a good family, decent family, just be careful’ one of the officers said, ‘I’m going to overlook it for now.’

'I have directed that Chief Banks conduct an immediate and thorough internal affairs investigation in order to get to the bottom of this case as quickly as possible,' Perry told ABC News.

The officers never filed a report, listened to the actual 911 call or notified child protective services.
[...]
Officials now say the boy should have been questioned without his suspected abusers next to him, the call should have been reviewed and a report should have been filed.

‘They did not write a report in this case,’ police chief Allen Banks told KOAT. ‘(An officer) says, 'I'll call [child protective services,' but he never called.’

I'm gonna go be sick now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ded-abuse-boy-9-later-died.html#ixzz2sg5M6WyV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Omg. Reading those horrible words made me tear up. How in the hell can you talk to a child like that? How does one hit a child for an accident? Or say 'I hate you' to an BABY? Why didn't those cops talk to them alone or call CPS? Or even listen to the 911 call?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Another child dead because of two stupid cops, they need charged too. The call is on youtube and I couldn't even listen to it past 30 seconds.

When told the 911 call was recorded and it would be reviewed, the mother tried to explain away her yelling by saying a toddler tried to hand her a soda and spilled it all over her.
‘That’s the reason why they say not to give them Coke,’ she insisted.

No offense to anyone with a mentally challenge family member, but is she seriously fucking retarded?

‘You seem like a good family, decent family, just be careful’ one of the officers said, ‘I’m going to overlook it for now.’

Are THEY seriously fucking retarded, or was Mom the one quoting them? (The question stands regardless.)

it was all circumstantial based on a statement made by a daycare owner that was pissed off because I took my kid out of daycare. She lost the account, so she thought to turn me in, and made up a bunch of shit.

The principal at my son's old daycare/preschool had the audacity to suggest he was having problems at home after I began making a huge fuss about my kid suddenly coming home with bruises every day. He insisted he was being bullied by two boys in his class, one of whom was a teacher's son. The school continued to deny it, insisting he had "walked into a doorknob" or "probably did it to himself." I took pictures, took him to the doctor, and demanded accident reports, though all I ever got from that bitch of a principal was excuses.

One day he managed to run out of the school but was caught by the principal near the entrance. There were three teachers in his classroom, which was located at the very back of the school. Despite my son's insistence that he wanted "to go home to Mommy," the cunt actually suggested that there must be something going on at home. (Yeah -- it's called 'safety,' you fucking twit.)

I pulled him out of there after a teacher questioned my son alone in a bathroom about an injury that had happened eight days prior. I'd been pestering the principal all week about two separate accident reports when she finally told me he was now claiming -- eight days later, alone in a bathroom with an adult -- that the two red welts on his back had been caused by falling down at home. (He later told me that the teacher had told him he'd fallen down at home.) He'd seen the doctor for that one, and there was no way in hell they were caused by a fall!

I was furious and told her over the phone that unless she wrote up those incident reports and had them in my hands within the hour, I'd be reporting her to the county for neglect and possible abuse. When I got to the school to pick up my son and those reports, low and behold, the bitch had ducked out early. And instead of leaving me the two reports I had demanded, she left behind two others -- one on how my son claimed to have fallen and gotten hurt at home (no mention of the bathroom interview or that the injury was eight days old) and the other about a diaper rash near his genitals. My child was not in diapers, nor did he have ANY such rash. (And how would they know if he did?!)

I was furious; I tore the reports in half and walked my child out of there. It was a Friday, and I had him in a new preschool/daycare by Tuesday.

I'm sorry for what you had to go though. The only reason I never did report my son's principal to CPS was that his doctor had cautioned me that by doing so, CPS would have a permanent file on my son. I didn't really feel too comfortable with that. Sometimes I regret that decision, because I hate to be reminded of what that woman got away with.

Okay, I'm done venting.

Back