• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I am so freakin' SICK of these pathetic wastes of oxygen describing the fatal abuse of their babies and children as an "accident" or a "mistake". An accident is dropping your cellphone down the toilet or knocking a cup of coffee over the computer keyboard. A mistake is putting sugar on your fries instead of salt. Knocking your child to the ground and kicking him repeatedly until you rupture his insides or standing by doing nothing while your dick of the week screams threats and hatred at him is by no stretch of the imagination an "accident".

House passes Omaree's Law

On Tuesday, Omaree’s Law was passed by the House with a 52-11 vote and will now head to the Senate.

The bill, named after the 9-year-old boy who was allegedly kicked to death by his mom, would allow CYFD to take kids away from their parents at the first sign of suspected abuse. But critics worry it could go too far, mistakenly taking kids out of good homes.

The proposal would allow the state to immediately take custody of a child showing injuries that could be abuse, like bruises and broken bones, but what about kids with innocent injuries?

Despite three APD investigations into child abuse involving young Omaree Varela and two from CYFD, he remained at home with his mother, Synthia Varela-Casaus — the suspect for the 9-year-old’s death in December. In the Roundhouse, lawmakers are trying to make it easier for the state to intervene and prevent cases like Omaree’s from happening again.

“This expedites that procedure during those cases we’re really, really concerned the child is at risk,” said Rep. Emily Kane, D-Bernalillo County.

Kane is co-sponsoring Omaree’s Law to allow CYFD to immediately take custody of a child showing signs of possible abuse for up to two days. CYFD estimates this could mean the state taking five times as many children into custody as they do now. While all agree with the bill’s intent, some people are worried kids who aren’t abused could get swept up in this.

That is why Rep. Gail Chasey, D-Bernalillo County, said she voted against it in committee. “I was a little bit worried about the fact that some children might be unduly traumatized and removed from their homes unnecessarily because of childhood injuries that are normal,” Rep. Chasey said.

But the bill’s supporters said someone, like a doctor, teacher or relative, has to suspect the injuries are from abuse.

“I think we all agree it’s better to be overly protective of our children in these situations,” Rep. Kane said.

While Chasey worried the bill could deter parents from taking their kids to the emergency room for fear their child could be taken away, she also said it is difficult for lawmakers to vote no. “It might be … It might be hard to vote no, and I say that because everyone is so touched and so terribly heartbroken over this tragedy,” Rep. Chasey said. Like most representatives, Chasey ended up voting for the bill in the full House vote. It passed 52 to 11.

It will now go to the Senate for a vote.

http://krqe.com/2014/02/18/house-passes-omarees-law/

When told the 911 call was recorded and it would be reviewed, the mother tried to explain away her yelling by saying a toddler tried to hand her a soda and spilled it all over her.
‘That’s the reason why they say not to give them Coke,’ she insisted.
Not that this is at all the biggest problem here, but I'm pretty sure the reason they tell you not to give Coke to babies isn't because they might spill it.

RIP Omaree. The 911 call is devastating to listen to. I couldn't listen to the whole thing. That poor baby having to endure and live with that abuse daily. My heart is breaking for him and his siblings.

I hope they kick this woman to death in prison and believe me they just might. I want her to know how it feels to be afraid and get kicked just like she did her son. BITCH!!! ROT IN HELL!!!

Omaree stepfather indicted on drug charges

Steve Casaus due back in court Thursday

When police showed up to his home more than a year ago to investigate possible child abuse, Steve Casaus had a lot to say to cops. Wednesday in court, however, he didn’t speak.
Omaree Varela’s stepfather was shackled as he appeared on drug charges from this past month.
[....]
Casaus is due back in court Thursday on those charges.

Wednesday he was indicted by a grand jury on drug charges from a February 2012 case.

The district attorney said she’s still reviewing possible charges against Casaus in connection with Varela’s death.
[....]
http://www.koat.com/news/omaree-stepfather-indicted-on-drug-charges/25632078#ixzz2zlsBfh7F

The officers never filed a report, listened to the actual 911 call or notified child protective services.
[...]
Officials now say the boy should have been questioned without his suspected abusers next to him, the call should have been reviewed and a report should have been filed.
so neither of these officers have any clue how to follow any procedure?

20pwmtc.jpg
Synthia Varela-Casaus apparently loved meth more than her 9-year-old son. She has compiled a long rap sheet of drug-related criminal charges over the years, and now her son is dead.
More than her four children, most certainly more than her 9-year-old boy, Omaree, Synthia Varela-Casaus apparently loved meth.

Her relationship with the drug began when she was 15, and its addiction was the driving force in her sad, crime-laden life, leaving her a wreck of a woman at age 38.

She lives now in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Albuquerque, charged with kicking, beating and stomping to death young Omaree Varela in a seething rage in December. She did not mean to kill her son, she told police. She was only disciplining him and "kicked him the wrong way,
[...]
Varela-Casaus has been arrested more than 20 times, on charges ranging from meth possession to prostitution, and her mug shots over the years show her descent from a young, albeit hard-looking woman 13 years ago to a gaunt, scabbed, diseased-looking junkie.

[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...how-meth-toll-article-1.1774588#ixzz30Pw7hfv0

many many more mugshots at link

So shes only a year older than me but has been on meth since she was 16? I didnt know meth has been out that long

So sad. With a "mother" like this little Omaree had no chance. I'm surprised he made it as long as he did with that cuntfaced twat as a guardian.

New Mexico man was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Tuesday for not doing enough to help his 9-year-old step son who police said was kicked to death by the boy's mother two years ago.

Stephen Casaus was convicted by a jury in September of five counts including child abuse with reckless disregard resulting in the death of the child, Omaree Varela, and he had faced up to 35 years behind bars. The child's mother, Synthia Varela-Casaus, is scheduled for a mental competency hearing in January.

Police have accused the couple of waiting nearly an hour after the incident on Dec. 27, 2013, before calling 911.

Casaus told the court in Albuquerque he was "heartbroken every day" by what had happened, that he had made mistakes in his life, but that he was not a child abuser.

But District Court Judge Stan Whitaker told him he found it "difficult, difficult, difficult" to believe that a mistake had led to the death of the boy.

"Nobody disagrees with you that we wish this day had never occurred and that Omaree as a child would not have suffered as he did," Whitaker said. "Certainly, his mom will be held accountable for her part, but we're not here for her part, we're here about your part."

The judge sentenced Casaus to 30 years followed by two years of parole then five years of supervised probation.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/step-father-sentenced-30-years-over-mexico-boys-231347064.html

So shes only a year older than me but has been on meth since she was 16? I didnt know meth has been out that long
I know this is a really old post but I had to respond.
My brother started snorting, then cooking and smoking meth when I was around 21 I'm 53 now.
He went to prison the first time around 1985/86 so its been around a long time.

Edit
Amphetamine was first made in 1887 in Germany and methamphetamine, more potent and easy to make, was developed in Japan in 1919. The crystalline powder was soluble in water, making it a perfect candidate for injection. Methamphetamine went into wide use during World War II, when both sides used it to keep troops awake.

I'm sorry I couldn't paste the link. I found this on Google.

Last edited:
Of course the krauts and japs unleashed this scourge upon the earth.

The father got wayyyy too much time. Absurdly harsh sentence for someone who didn't actually take part in the abuse. Not everybody knows how to identify when someone is suffering from serious injury, not everybody would even view a beatdown as something more than just punishment(given their own twisted upbringing). Those facts don't warrant 30 years.

CHEECH-AND-CHONG-PARKED-MEME.jpg
I listened to the 911 call, besides them talking to him like shit, dirty bastards, I couldnt help but think dude sounds like cheech.

when i googled to get the pic above I saw this, it has nothing to do with the story really . I just thought it was cute.
funny+mexican+chihuahua.jpg

Synthia Varela-Casaus, of Albuquerque, N.M., was sentenced on May 6 for brutally kicking her 9-year-old son to death in 2013.

Varela-Casaus pleaded guilty in criminal court on a six-count indictment—including second-degree murder—and will serve 40 years behind bars.

Prosecutors said her son, Omaree, tried unsuccessfully to get help from police because of prior abuse, according to The Associated Press.

Omaree’s autopsy determined his dead was the result of a homicide, via blunt force trauma which caused severe internal bleeding.

The initial report given to the Office of the Medical Investigator said Varela-Casaus told police that Omaree was on a toy horse on Dec. 27, 2013, and was pushed off by his 3-year-old sibling, striking his head on the floor and losing consciousness.

“She stated that she called her husband, the decedent’s step-father, who was not at home. Apparently, he placed the decedent in the shower to attempt to revive him. His mother then called his pediatrician who advised her to call Emergency Services,” the initial report stated.

A further investigation determined that the boy’s step-father, Stephen Casaus, was actually home at the time and heard Omaree being beaten by his mother.

In addition to his alleged fall from the toy horse, Synthia told police that she knocked him into a dresser, causing him to fall to the floor. She admitted that while on the floor, she stomped on Omaree twice and kicked him in the stomach.

Omaree was taken to University of New Mexico hospital, where medics attempted to revive him for 30 minutes without success.

Nearly 25 percent of his blood was lost. He was pronounced dead at 5:32 p.m. on Dec. 27, 2013.

Omaree was born in 2004 at Cibola General Hospital, while his mother was incarcerated at the Grants County Women’s Prison, according to the report. There had been nine referrals to the Children Youth and Family Department and two were substantiated.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/205...40-years-for-kicking-9-year-old-son-to-death/

cubby, you are my buddy! I can take her down in a scissor lock and you can pummel her with a baseball bat; let's break her legs so she can't kick anything! Not even a cold. I'm going to hell.
Well i think god will give you a free pass for this one! Fuckin cunts need to die! They are going to hells hell! Somewhere farrrr worst beyond hell
[doublepost=1474899521,1474899368][/doublepost]
Why isnt the stepfather being arrested!?

Well i think god will give you a free pass for this one! Fuckin cunts need to die! They are going to hells hell! Somewhere farrrr worst beyond hell
[doublepost=1474899521,1474899368][/doublepost]
Why isnt the stepfather being arrested!?

He was, and sentenced

New Mexico man was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Tuesday for not doing enough to help his 9-year-old step son who police said was kicked to death by the boy's mother two years ago.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP/KRQE) – An Albuquerque mother has pleaded guilty in the brutal death of her son and was sentenced to 40 years behind bars.

Synthia Varela-Casaus was sentenced Friday in the 2013 kicking death of 9-year-old Omaree.

Varela-Casaus pleaded guilty to six counts including 2nd-degree murder.

In court Friday, Varela-Casaus was in tears. She told the judge that she loved Omaree. She also thanked her sister for taking care of her kids.

2fc6aa96fa044af8aa0095b9864e6e20.jpg

Omaree Varela
Her sister, Sylvia, also spoke to the judge Friday. She said she forgave her sister but wanted to see her behind bars for a long time.

“Omaree was a nine-year-old boy with dreams and goals, which he will never get to do,” said Sylvia Marquez, Synthia’s Sister.

Marquez also described what life has been like taking care of her sister’s other children.

“They ask auntie can’t Omaree be fixed,” cried Marquez. “Can’t God or the doctor fix him?”

A letter was also read in court written by Omaree’s now seven-year-old sister. She asked the judge in writing to keep her mother away.

“I hope mom stays in jail so that I can be safe with my other mom,” Omaree’s little sister wrote.

Last month, Varela-Casaus’ lawyers announced that she plans to plead guilty to second-degree murder and other charges stemming from her son’s death.

An autopsy found Omaree died from severe internal bleeding caused by blunt-force trauma.

Court records show that Varela-Casaus had initially told police her son fell from a toy spring horse.

Varela-Casaus faced as little as 15 years in prison and as much as 45.

She originally tried to claim she was incompetent to stand trial.

Omaree’s stepfather was sentenced in November after a jury found him guilty on charges that included tampering with evidence and acting with reckless disregard for not calling 911 sooner.

“I hope mom stays in jail so that I can be safe with my other mom,” Omaree’s little sister wrote.

That happens to be the saddest thing I have ever read. Poor baby girl, I'm glad the judge saw it the same way the kids and auntie saw it. She can at least grow up happy and healthy.

Only 10 more years than the father despite the woman being the one who actually committed the act of murder.

The justice system is so fucked up and twisted, even in a case like this they cut the female immense slack. 30 years for not steppin int to stop it, 40 years for actually doing it. Absurd.

I know this is a really old post but I had to respond.
My brother started snorting, then cooking and smoking meth when I was around 21 I'm 53 now.
He went to prison the first time around 1985/86 so its been around a long time.

Edit

I'm sorry I couldn't paste the link. I found this on Google.
oh, wow...I totally didn't know that...thanks for the info...I guess I'm just more sheltered than I think I am ...lol

This is what this piece of shit said about killing her son to the News and in the Court.

During her arrest in 2013, Varela-Casaus told news cameras, “I was disciplining him and I kicked him the wrong way, it was an accident.”

Before the judge read her sentence, Omaree’s mother addressed the court.

“None of this was supposed to happen,” Varela-Casaus sobbed. “It didn’t happen the way it’s out there.”

“I love my kids, and I thank my sister for taking care of them and raising them,” said Varela-Casuas. “There’s nothing more that I can ask for from them.”

Judge Brett Loveless sentenced Varela-Casaus to 40 years in prison.
omaree-varela.jpg

RIP Little Angel
http://krqe.com/2016/05/06/woman-accused-of-kicking-son-to-death-sentenced-to-40-years-behind-bars/

Back