• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
November 30, 2016

Kansas City, Kan., police say the individuals who have been charged in the death of four-year-old Honesty Sanders turned themselves in early Wednesday morning.

A spokesperson for the KCK Police Department says just after midnight Devondre Sanders, the young girl’s father, and Sierra Mitchell, Devondre’s girlfriend, walked into a police station and turned themselves in.

Honesty’s death was ruled a homicide in mid-November.

KCK police say on May 27 officers responded to the 700 block of Vermont Ave., and found Honesty laying unresponsive on an apartment floor. Officers attempted CPR and she was later taken to a hospital where she died.

In June her mom told FOX 4’s Robert Townsend that she was convinced someone severely beat the little girl.

“I had a feeling something was going on with her. Didn’t nobody believe me, the police, asking them, asking DFS,” Myra Price said.

“If a baby comes in the hospital by themself unresponsive, brain-damaged, crushed lungs, that’s showing bruises all over her body, that’s abuse so I don’t understand why there’s nobody in custody.”

Price said that in October of 2015 she took Honesty to her paternal grandmother’s home, saying she needed assistance.

“I was off work for a couple of weeks. I asked her, ‘Right now I’m struggling. I really need your help,'” Price explained.

She added that the grandmother took Honesty to her father’s home in KCK, and then only spoke to her daughter three times in a matter of seven months.

“He would let me talk to her for a little bit or I be like, ‘Honesty, are you okay?’ He’d take the phone from her and that’s how you know something was wrong,” Price said.

After Honesty was hospitalized, Price said she couldn’t stand to see her suffer, and made the decision to take her off of life support.

“Basically, she was a vegetable,” Price said.

Price just gave birth to a another baby, a boy, about a month ago. She says her son has helped ease the pain of Honesty’s death.

Price says she’s been in therapy since her daughter died. She says it’s difficult to allow her two other kids out of her sight. She says she won’t give up on Honesty’s case, and plans to be in court when justice finally comes.
http://fox4kc.com/2016/11/30/two-ch...onesty-sanders-turned-themselves-into-police/

Honesty Sanders

wanted-for-murder.jpg

A Kansas City, Kan., man was sentenced Friday to 13 years and 10 months in prison for the child abuse killing of his 4-year-old daughter.

Devondre Sanders, 29, was sentenced in Wyandotte County District Court where he pleaded guilty in October to second-degree murder and child abuse for the May 2016 death of his daughter, Honesty Sanders.

Charges are pending against Sanders’ girlfriend, Sierra Mitchell.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article190044714.html

It really pisses me off that these dads leave the parenting of their own children to their girlfriends/wives & fail to protect their kids. Maybe Mom could have done more, but Dad was there in the home!

SANDERS, DEVONDRE LAVELL​

Convictions​

Current Status reported by Dept. of Corrections​

Work or Program Participation Private Industry

Earliest Possible Release Date (1) Sep 25, 2028

Current Status Incarcerated

Admission Date Dec 27, 2017

CountyCase Number (I)Offense DateSentencing DateACSCriminal Conviction DescriptionCountsCrime Severity LevelCase Status (II)State
Wyandotte16CR945May 27, 2016Dec 15, 2017N/AAbuse of a Child LT18; Intentional Torture1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 5ActiveKS
Wyandotte16CR945May 27, 2016Dec 15, 2017N/AMurder in the second degree - intent1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 1ActiveKS
MITCHELL, SIERRA

Current Status reported by Dept. of Corrections​

Work or Program Participation Working in a job

Earliest Possible Release Date (1) Dec 22, 2035

Current Status Incarcerated

Admission Date Oct 11, 2018

Convictions​

CountyCase Number (I)Offense DateSentencing DateACSCriminal Conviction DescriptionCountsCrime Severity LevelCase Status (II)State
Wyandotte16CR946May 27, 2016Oct 05, 2018N/AMurder in the second degree - intent1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 1ActiveKS
Wyandotte16CR946May 27, 2016Oct 05, 2018N/AAbuse of a Child LT18; Intentional Torture1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 5ActiveKS
Wyandotte16CR946May 27, 2016Oct 05, 2018N/AAbuse of a Child LT18; Intentional Torture1Non Drug-Grid Severity Level 5ActiveKS

Latest posts

Back