• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
One month after a caseworker with Children, Youth and Families gave the all-clear on a Baldwin couple’s home, their 1-year-old infant was found dead from what police said Wednesday was a drug overdose.

Thomas Humphreys was found dead in his parents’ home in on Sept. 13. Investigators wrote in the charges against his parents that he’d likely been dead “for a long period of time” before authorities were alerted.

The child’s parents, Tracy Humphreys and Thomas Snelsire, both 45, both face one count of homicide and 11 drug violations, court records show.face a dozen charges in connection with the infant’s death.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office has not publicly released the infant’s cause of death, but Dr. Karl Williams is noted in the criminal complaint as ruling the death a homicide from drug toxicity.

Allegheny County police wrote in the criminal complaint they found drug paraphernalia on a tray table in the basement that was within reach of the child’s play pen. Under a blanket in the play pen they found a cut green plastic straw with “an unknown white powder in the straw,” police wrote.

Police said they found other drug paraphernalia, including needles, stamp bags, pill bottles and six bricks of suspected heroin.

Humphreys’s other son, an 11-year-old, told police he was aware of the illegal drugs in the house, and he was allowed to go into the basement where the drugs were kept, according to the criminal complaint.

During a medical exam at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, he tested positive as having a cocaine metabolite in his system, police said.

First responders who initially arrived on the scene said they found Humphreys inside the home with the deceased child and Snelsires was “laying in the roadway,” according to the complaint.

A Baldwin police sergeant noted that he’d filed two separate Childline reports regarding the family, one in May and one in July, according to the complaint. An Allegheny County Police detective said he’d dealt with Humphreys and Snelsires in the past and called them “known abusers of pills and heroin,” police wrote.

A CYF caseworker interviewed by police said she’d performed a whole-house inspection Aug. 14 and “she did not see illegal drugs or inappropriate conditions,” according to the complaint.
1600915472585.png
1600916083268.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MaryAnn Swartz
I am in so much shock. And they actually ran . They were supposed to turn themselves in but they never did. He was such an adorable little boy. I loved him and will miss him. They will be caught

Jessica Webber

They are up in the Pittsburgh hotel I heard under someone else’s name !! Fucking cowards

Destiny Brynae

Yall could've gave that little baby away..... shit I would've took him. Guess he wasn't enough for the mom to do better. Die in jail please

Maybe a little off-topic, but if mom is 45 and the child is (was :( ) 1... Is that... You know... Biologically possible? I thought 40 was pretty much the limit.
My first son was born when I was 26. His brother 18 months later. It was so incredibly hard raising two under two that I was absolutely done having kids. Later in life I felt a bit sad that I really missed out enjoying them as babies as it was really just about us all surviving each day.
My oldest also was treated as much older than he really was. He was still a baby when his brother was born but it didn't seem like that to me at all. The boys are also diametrically opposed personalities and that made everything much harder.
I feel like screaming every time I see or hear someone recommending to have a small age gap as 'they grow up so close, like best friends'. Mine fought from sun up to down. And that was incredibly hard when they were teens, 6ft and punching on in the house.
They are civil now, but living in different countries helps.
Anyway....when I was 42 I fell pregnant to the man I was divorcing.
43 when he was born. He's nearly 4 now.
I highly recommend a 17 year age gap.
I am experiencing motherhood all over again and in the way I missed out on. A mother of one in a way.
I can absolutely promise without a doubt if I had unprotected sex, I would be hapu again.
There are a lot of women in my family who have another child late in life. The 'change' babies.
I know that as a rule it becomes more difficult to fall pregnant after 40, but I wouldn't call it a cut off date.
Maybe 55.

They were probably more upset at the amount the baby ingested and not that the poor kiddo died. Drug addicts need to be legally required to not get pregnant. I don’t know how, but it’s so unfair to the babies. Gotta wonder if the kid had drug exposure in utero

My first son was born when I was 26. His brother 18 months later. It was so incredibly hard raising two under two that I was absolutely done having kids. Later in life I felt a bit sad that I really missed out enjoying them as babies as it was really just about us all surviving each day.
My oldest also was treated as much older than he really was. He was still a baby when his brother was born but it didn't seem like that to me at all. The boys are also diametrically opposed personalities and that made everything much harder.
I feel like screaming every time I see or hear someone recommending to have a small age gap as 'they grow up so close, like best friends'. Mine fought from sun up to down. And that was incredibly hard when they were teens, 6ft and punching on in the house.
They are civil now, but living in different countries helps.
Anyway....when I was 42 I fell pregnant to the man I was divorcing.
43 when he was born. He's nearly 4 now.
I highly recommend a 17 year age gap.
I am experiencing motherhood all over again and in the way I missed out on. A mother of one in a way.
I can absolutely promise without a doubt if I had unprotected sex, I would be hapu again.
There are a lot of women in my family who have another child late in life. The 'change' babies.
I know that as a rule it becomes more difficult to fall pregnant after 40, but I wouldn't call it a cut off date.
Maybe 55.
That's really encouraging <3
Congrats on your little one!
I feel the same about when my now 5 year old "surprise" daughter was an infant. It was so hard that all I could do was survive. I never got to be happy about being pregnant or enjoy having a baby.

I'd love to have another, now that I'm financially stable and life is pretty good. But I'm 33 and there's no man in the cards, and my dating prospects are quite slim. I guess it's good to know I have a little more time than I thought, haha.

Find a dependable father
It was so hard that all I could do was survive. I never got to be happy about being pregnant or enjoy having a baby.
I think that's why there are so many miserable news items on DD about "no one gives a damn children".
Your final "haha" is sad.
This is why finding a dependable man who wants to stay and raise mutual bio children makes so much difference. Don't deny biology.
Crap away!

Find a dependable father
I think that's why there are so many miserable news items on DD about "no one gives a damn children".
Your final "haha" is sad.
This is why finding a dependable man who wants to stay and raise mutual bio children makes so much difference. Don't deny biology.
Crap away!
Lady.... You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to my life. You're so quick to judge. Why aren't you taking time out of your day to shit on @Pandorama for getting a divorce? Parents split up sometimes. Shit happens. There is absolutely no need to imply that my child's father is anything less than a wonderful human being and a great friend. It didn't work out between us. People change. That is just life.

God, you are such a relentless curmudgeon lately. It is absolutely impossible to have any kind of a rational debate or conversation with you. Go pick on someone else, I'm putting you on mute for awhile.

Tracy Humphreys and Thomas Snelsire, the parents of a 1-year-old western Pennsylvania boy who authorities said died after he was intentionally "dosed with methadone" have pleaded guilty to third-degree murder.
Assistant District Attorney Lisa Carey told a judge last week that Tommy Snelsire’s death wasn’t caused by accidental contact with the methadone, fentanyl and cocaine found in his system. Carey said investigators found a syringe used to administer medicine to children and a pill bottle used to mix liquid Tylenol and methadone together.
"It doesn’t matter what you do to Mr. Snelsire," Defense attorney Patrick Thomassey said. "He’s going to be in jail for the rest of his life. He’s going to have to live with what he did to his toddler."

Snelsire, who cried throughout the proceeding, said, "I’m so sorry. I’m just so sorry to everyone."
Humphreys' defense attorney, James Sheets, called the child's short life "tortuous" and said he was "as appalled as everyone else in the room." But he said his client was "accepting, to the extent she can, her role in the death of that little boy."
Humphreys sobbed as she spoke directly to relatives, saying "I cannot ever give your grandson back. I’m so sorry." She insisted, however that the defendants loved the child, even after a relative shouted back, "No, you didn’t."

"We loved Tommy," Humphreys continued. "I don’t know why God lets some people live and lets some people die. I’m alive, and I don’t know why I am and he’s not. I never meant for life to be this way."

A man who pleaded guilty to poisoning his 1-year-old baby with methadone was sentenced to 18 to 36 years in prison on Thursday.
According to our partners at TribLIVE.com, victim impact testimony was given before Thomas Snelsire, 48, was sentenced.
Allegheny County Police Detective Greg Renko gave testimony, telling the court he remains haunted by the scene he found inside the Baldwin home on Sept. 13, 2020.

“The environment in that house that child was forced to live in was the worst scene I’ve put myself in,” Renko said.

Renko told the court there was so much drug evidence that it took eight hours to collect it all.
Thomas “Tommy” Humphries was found in the home on Oakleaf Road hours after his death, according to the criminal complaint.

Prosecutors said Tommy’s parents had been dosing him with methadone mixed with Tylenol in an infant syringe to put him to sleep.

Snelsire and Tommy’s mother, Tracy Humphreys, were both charged and both pleaded guilty to the crime.

An Allegheny County Common Pleas Court judge on Thursday sentenced Tracy Humphreys to 19 to 38 years for the death of her son, Tommy Humphreys.

Police were summoned to Humphreys' home on Oakleaf Road on Sept. 13, 2020, after the boy was found unresponsive. The child had been dead for a period of time due to the condition of his body. An initial test showed that fentanyl was in his blood.

It’ll work. I use melatonin for Jacob. I waited 2 weeks to see if the sleep regression was just that. And it wasn’t. Bubby has issues with sleep, so the melatonin route we took. But these FUCKN junkies dose a cute little baby doll boy with methadone. They need to die last week.

Back