• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Are you interested in the new service by Google

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's Google, 6 months it will be shelved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Choice is always good

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
I'll pass. Input latency is a big deal and currently not solvable with game streaming, I'll stick with owning a gaming pc and not owning a physical copy of my game. Not both.

But it doesn't really matter. As you alluded to, it's Google... Stadia will be dead in six months. :p

Fanatical, a web site that sells some pretty damn good bundles on games, had a FB post that asked in a poll what people though of the new Google announcement... not surprisingly it wasn't that popular:
29% of respondents responded with "Looks Good"
71% of them said "Not Interested"

I'm finding more and more people are falling into the latter category. I have to agree with Morbid here, the lag will be an insane issue in some areas.

The infrastructure needed to run a service like this is almost non-existent in the U.S. 'The lag is real' may be an overused cliché, but sums up the problems quite well. They should be channeling more money into Fiber and use this service as a perk to drive interest and eyeballs.

But even then, I'm an old fashioned fart. I'll stick with disc's and downloads.

Back