• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
I don't have a lot of hope for this as it is being put out by Amazon and I am not a fan of the showrunners. The first trailer did not sway my opinion that they were going to put out a shit show. But goddammit, @Jaded sent me the new trailer and I have to admit that it looks pretty good. So as much as I tried to not let it happen, my hopes that this will be good went up a tad. Fuck you @Jaded.

The set dressings look amazingly well done, but I just know the dialog is going to be atrocious.

Well, this doesn't sound too great:

Amazon’s ‘Fallout’ Director Says It Would Have Been “A Fool’s Errand” For Series To Try And Appeal To Fans: “I Don’t Think You Really Can Set Out To Please The Fans Of Anything”

“I don’t think you really can set out to please the fans of anything,” the director opined. “Or please anyone other than yourself.”

“I think you have to come into this trying to make the show that you want to make and trusting that, [with us being] fans of the game, we would find the pieces that were essential to us…and try to do the best version,” he added.

Still gonna watch, but my expectations are still "meh".

No lies detected.
That sentence on its own, sure. That sentence when referencing fans of the material you are making into a screen adaptation? Sheesh. When you do not pander to the fans that are the sole reason a series is being created in the first place, you get turds like Netflix's The Witcher and Cowboy Bebop, Amazon's Lord of the Rings, and Paramount's Halo. :p

The less said about Halo the better.
I unfortunately have no faith in this. It's going to look amazing but the actually show dialog is going to be horrendous.
I am already getting Wheel of Time vibes just from the publicity train

The less said about Halo the better.
I unfortunately have no faith in this. It's going to look amazing but the actually show dialog is going to be horrendous.

I haven't watched it, but know people were not happy with the first season. Then I heard the second season started as if the showrunners listened to the complaints, but has now once again turned to dreck.

That sentence on its own, sure. That sentence when referencing fans of the material you are making into a screen adaptation? Sheesh. When you do not pander to the fans that are the sole reason a series is being created in the first place, you get turds like Netflix's The Witcher and Cowboy Bebop, Amazon's Lord of the Rings, and Paramount's Halo. :p
I read it more like dude just wants to make a good series, period. Maybe even appeal to people outside of the Fallout fan base.

I don't think you can even try to pander to most Fallout fans because THEIR favorite Fallout is the BEST Fallout and the rest of them are steaming piles of garbage. (Especially the loudest in the fan base, the New Vegas fanboys. They're already screeching and we have seen very little of what this series has to offer). So yes, in my humble opinion, he's right... it's a fools errand.

And @Totemic, you keep mentioning the dialog and how atrocious it's probably going to be. Just curious, but what kind of dialogue are you hoping for?

I haven't watched any of the other shows mentioned, except for The Witcher. And I only watched that for Cavill.

I mainly want this series to be a success so I don't have to hear "Told ya so' from @Morbid every goddamn day for the rest of my life. :p

I don't think you can even try to pander to most Fallout fans because THEIR favorite Fallout is the BEST Fallout and the rest of them are steaming piles of garbage. (Especially the loudest in the fan base, the New Vegas fanboys. They're already screeching and we have seen very little of what this series has to offer). So yes, in my humble opinion, he's right... it's a fools errand.

I can't believe I am about to type this, but... fair point. I would have to agree.

I mainly want this series to be a success so I don't have to hear "Told ya so' from @Morbid every goddamn day for the rest of my life. :p

Never, EVER going to happen.

So. Watched it. Absolutely loved every single minute of every single episode. Dreaded the last episode because I didn't want it to be over. It had the right amount of fan service, without going overboard, and tons of nostalgia. The soundtrack was perfect, as was the dialogue. Couple of fight scenes were kinda cheesy, but not cheesy enough to make me hate it. Total Fallout vibe throughout. It was fucking glorious. 10/10.

My only gripes? The fact that Lucy wasn't over encumbered with 15 fans, 12 toasters, and 3 rolls of duct tape within 15 minutes of leaving the vault. And the fact that I will have to wait way too fucking long for Season 2.

I had my issues from a story\pacing standpoint but they were minimal. I hated the Maximus character but by the end, I was curious where his story is going. As for Fallout lore, I got some bitching but I don't think they broke anything, no matter what the Fallout New Vegas dick-riders say - I imagine some of my questions will be answered with another season (or Fallout 5). As for it being "woke" or not. Pffft. You'll find anything like that if you are looking for it. The "communist" line did not have me putting this in the woke category at all.

Overall, it nailed the Bethesda version of Fallout. As an owner and player of every Fallout game created, and understanding the show was not made solely for people such as myself and also needs to reach an audience that has no clue what the hell Fallout even is, I'd give it a 7.5\10. I enjoyed it.

Edit to add that while the sets and props looked fantastic, the CGI with the creatures and the power armor were total ass at times.

Last edited:
Just finished the series tonight. As someone who never personally played Fallout, but at least was aware of its existence and sort of rough premise, I really enjoyed it.

The Ghoul may be one of my new favorite characters like, ever lol.

So if I know jack shit about Fallout the game, I will be able to follow along. And this is on Prime?
Yes. Reviews from those that have never played seem to be pretty positive, and I know a couple people who have never even touched a video game, period, and they enjoyed the series. And yes, it's on Prime.

Also if you enjoyed the show, and are at all inclined, I'd check out some of their related press stuff.

The 3 primary actors are all so personable, and the love they have for the show is clear.

Walton Goggins, who I have seen in a million things but never really saw any interviews or anything with, is so funny, and gives dynamite interviews.

His story about his father on this interview is absolutely adorable.

Also if you enjoyed the show, and are at all inclined, I'd check out some of their related press stuff.

The 3 primary actors are all so personable, and the love they have for the show is clear.

Walton Goggins, who I have seen in a million things but never really saw any interviews or anything with, is so funny, and gives dynamite interviews.

His story about his father on this interview is absolutely adorable.

I have seen a clip out there where Walton is talking about his character The Ghoul. He says he takes a nap in his trailer in full ghoul makeup, has some strange ass dream, and when he wakes up he sees himself in the mirror. Said he took one look in that mirror and scared the shit out of himself. (Really, the clip is much funnier.... I just can't remember how to post videos). Anyways, funny as hell. I sent the clip to @Morbid so maybe he could post it? Or retrain me in the ways of the den?

I have seen a clip out there where Walton is talking about his character The Ghoul. He says he takes a nap in his trailer in full ghoul makeup, has some strange ass dream, and when he wakes up he sees himself in the mirror. Said he took one look in that mirror and scared the shit out of himself. (Really, the clip is much funnier.... I just can't remember how to post videos). Anyways, funny as hell. I sent the clip to @Morbid so maybe he could post it? Or retrain me in the ways of the den?

Ahhh I love this clip!! It's saved in my YouTube faves to revisit one day when I need a laugh.

Back