• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
They didnt pick on him for being gay, it was the easiest excuse of all.
They wanted a target and it was him.
They picked on him for standing out from the rest. It could have been anything outstanding. They hated his gumption most of all.
From age 11-13. I was relentlessly bullied for being a lesbian. I didnt even really know what that was until I heard the vile suggestions from my accusers. Wow, were they dirty minded! I am not now nor ever have been les. Never even occurred to me. I read "The Well of Loneliness" at 12 and just thought it was a sad love story. (Which it is.)
The real problem for the bitch pack was that I refused to submit. My brother took the same bus home and i asked him for help. He said " if you cant beat them, join them. "
He said I was an embarassment to him.

Last edited:
They didnt pick on him for being gay, it was the easiest excuse of all.
They wanted a target and it was him.
They picked on him for standing out from the rest. It could have been anything outstanding. They hated his gumption most of all.
From age 11-13. I was relentlessly bullied for being a lesbian. I didnt even really know what that was until I heard the vile suggestions from my accusers. Wow, were they dirty minded! I am not now nor ever have been les. Never even occurred to me. I read "The Well of Loneliness" at 12 and just thought it was a sad love story. (Which it is.)
The real problem for the bitch pack was that I refused to submit. My brother took the same bus home and i asked him for help. He said " if you cant beat them, join them. "
He said I was an embarassment to him.
Growing up my mom played Softball and 75% of the team was lesbian. It wasn't until I was about 16 that I realized it wasn't the "norm". It was actually a friend that asked me if that lady and that lady were a couple. I was confused why she would ask such a question.

A $50 million lawsuit aimed at prompting change has been filed against the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services on behalf of the family of Anthony Avalos, a boy from Lancaster, who died after being tortured and abused allegedly by his mother and her boyfriend last year, an attorney said Thursday.

According to the lawsuit, 10-year-old Anthony died despite at least 16 reports to DCFS about him suffering physical and sexual abuse at home. Heather Barron, and her boyfriend Kareem Leiva, are both facing the death penalty for the torture and killing of her little boy.

"He had so many dreams, he was such a loving and caring kid and all he ever did was protect his siblings," Maria Barron, Anthony's aunt, said at a news conference Thursday. "DCFS has really failed us, terribly, and hopefully this is a wake-up call for them so no more kids, not one more kid, has to go through this."

Attorney Brian Claypool, who represents Anthony's father, said he sent a written request to the U.S. Attorney General to launch a federal investigation into DCFS. Claypool claims DCFS employees were not properly trained, did not follow department guidelines and essentially turned a blind eye to protecting Anthony from the abuse and torture he sustained.

"It was heartbreaking to write this lawsuit. I was in tears finalizing this lawsuit. I couldn't believe the number of times, the multiple times DCFS workers had the chance to throw out a life vest to Anthony Avalos," Claypool said.

Along with providing information about why Anthony was not protected, Claypool said he hopes the investigation will also provide answers into the deaths of other Antelope Valley children who were also under the watch of DCFS social workers.

Had to stop reading. I'm not as brave as little Anthony. My heart hurts for him and his siblings.
Post automatically merged:

When i was little I was bi and still am ... I have love for everyone. But I wasn't ready for sex ... I was just affectionate and there is a huge difference ... like one you use mostly your heart and the other one pushes the limits of your body ... like Murder but different.
I'm old school. Raised on man marries woman and that's final. But that only describes a legal agreement so to speak. Nothing about love ever was discussed. Personally I believe with my whole heart that as long as love is involved who cares who loves who and how. Not my business I'm just content knowing that in this particularly shitty time, people still can and do love.

Last edited:
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has dropped its bid for the death penalty against a Lancaster woman and her boyfriend, who are charged with the murder and torture of their 10-year-old son Anthony Avalos.

Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami -- who has criticized new District Attorney George Gascón for a series of directives including one that advises that "a sentence of death is never an appropriate resolution in any case'' -- opposed the latest decision in the case of Heather Maxine Barron and Kareem Ernesto Leiva.

Barron, 31, and Leiva, 35, could now face a maximum of life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted as charged of murder and torture, along with the special-circumstance allegation of murder involving the infliction of torture, for Anthony's June 2018 death.

"This is not based upon new evidence. This is not based upon new mitigation or new law. I stand by the special-circumstances committee decision that I announced to the court on the record two years ago,'' Hatami said, referring to the August 2019 announcement that the death penalty would be sought against the two under prior District Attorney Jackie Lacey's administration.

It marks the second high-profile case in which the assigned prosecutors have publicly objected to the death penalty being dropped as a potential punishment. Deputy District Attorneys Garrett Dameron that he and fellow prosecutor Geoff Lewin had been "ordered to remove the death penalty as punishment consideration'' in the case of Michael Christopher Mejia, who is awaiting trial on charges stemming from the 2017 killings of Whittier Police Officer Keith Boyer and Mejia's own cousin.

Along with the murder charge, Barron and Leiva are facing two counts of child abuse involving two other children in the home. Leiva is also facing an allegation that he personally inflicted great bodily injury on one of the youngsters in circumstances involving domestic violence.

In court papers, prosecutors alleged that Anthony was severely tortured during the last five or six days of his life by Barron and Leiva, who "abused, beat, assaulted and tortured'' him.

The alleged abuse included whipping the boy with a belt and a looped cord, pouring hot sauce on his face and mouth, holding him by his feet and dropping him on his head repeatedly, according to the court papers.
1620403020630.png

A contracted Los Angeles County counselor who failed to report suspected abuse of two young boys who later died has received four years of probation from a state licensing board.

The Board of Behavioral Sciences also requires Barbara Dixon, a licensed marriage and family therapist, to participate in psychotherapy, law and ethics training, and coursework in child abuse assessment.

The board had formally accused Dixon last year of failing to report allegations of abuse of Gabriel Fernandez in 2013 and Anthony Avalos in 2015.

She should have lost her license all together.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved a $32-million settlement for the siblings and father of 10-year-old Anthony Avalos, who prosecutors say died of abuse and torture at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend despite repeated warnings to social workers.
The five supervisors unanimously approved the settlement in the Lancaster boy’s 2018 death, which cast a shadow over the county’s Department of Children and Family Services. The child’s death came five years after Gabriel Daniel Fernandez, an 8-year-old Palmdale boy, was tortured and killed by his mother and her boyfriend while under social workers’ supervision.
The latest settlement is on top of a $3-million deal reached with one of the county department’s contractors, Pasadena-based Sycamores, which in 2015 provided home therapy for Anthony and was sued over allegations it disregarded concerns about abuse and failed to protect the boy.
In Anthony’s case, more than a dozen calls were made to the county’s child abuse hotline about his welfare — from teachers, counselors, family and police — yet child protective workers and others tasked with protecting him missed numerous warning signs and opportunities to intervene, according to an investigation published by The Times and the Investigative Reporting Program at UC Berkeley. Anthony’s life was sporadically supervised by DCFS from 2013 to 2017.
Brian Claypool, one of the lead attorneys representing Anthony’s relatives, noted that “the case was always about two things: in honor of Anthony to make social change and prevent this from happening again.”
The settlement resolved a wrongful death lawsuit brought by Anthony’s father, Victor Avalos, and three of the boy’s siblings, who also endured abuse at the hands of their mother and her boyfriend, according to their lawyers. Anthony’s mother, Heather Barron, and her boyfriend, Kareem Leiva, were indicted by a grand jury in 2018 on charges that they tortured and murdered Anthony and abused two of his siblings in the household. Barron and Leiva are being held without bail. Both have pleaded not guilty.

In May, with a civil trial about to begin against the county for negligence, fraud and civil rights violations, the county’s lawyers tentatively agreed to the settlement.
Continue reading at link

She should have lost her license all together.
Fuck that, the bitch should be prosecuted. These are just 2 boys whose torture and abuse was so extreme they’ve sadly become somewhat famous. Imagine the countless of others she’s done nothing about.
Granted with L. A.’s worthless shitty CPS it might not have made a difference, but still. With the millions upon millions of dollars that agency has had to pay out in lawsuits you’d think they’d get their act together.

I hope it to do with refusing to give these monsters a plea deal and to make sure they get the maximum sentences allowed.
Agreed. If the shit ass District Attorney wouldn’t have demanded the DP be taken off the table then they’d have more leverage. Personally I’m not a big fan of the DP-not because I don’t think many deserve it and worse (a slow and painful torturous death) but it’s massively expensive, takes forever to get through court, and then the endless appeals, stays, ect….But I still like the option.

Wait....they're STILL waiting to be tried and sentenced?? Wtf is taking so long??
Supposedly pre-trial motions (whatever those are) are set for October 25 & 26th. I believe there will be one trial with two juries, unless that changed.

Last edited:
A suspected MS-13 gang member set to go on trial next week for the horrific 2018 slaying of his California girlfriend's 10-year-old son is a native of El Salvador and living in the U.S. illegally, according to a law enforcement source.https://www.foxnews.com/us/mothers-...ear-old-boy-who-complained-about-abuse-police
Kareem Ernesto Leiva, 37, and his American girlfriend Heather Maxine Barron, 33, are both charged with murder and torture in the death of her son, Anthony Avalos, as well as child abuse against two other children in the home, court records show.

Prosecutors allege the boy had been beaten, starved, forced to kneel on rice, force-fed, whipped and more in a home where he was allegedly subjected to "extreme physical pain and suffering."
While in jail, Leiva allegedly shanked another inmate, according to court documents, and was accused of domestic violence against females in both 2010 and 2013.
His brother, Mauricio Leiva, is another alleged MS-13 member who was indicted in a federal racketeering case against a deadly drug ring in 2016, court documents show.

Leiva and Barron's murder trial in Los Angeles is scheduled to begin next week. Jonathan Hatami, who rose to prominence as the lead prosecutor in the Gabriel Fernandez trial, and Saeed Teymouri are assigned to the case.
Prosecutors previously alleged that Barron and Leiva whipped the child, poured hot sauce on his face and hung him upside down. He had been tortured "for almost two weeks, up until paramedics responded to [the] residence and found Anthony's lifeless body," court documents allege.
Anthony and his siblings also suffered other forms of abuse, including being burned with a curling iron or locked in their rooms for hours.
On June 20, 2018, just weeks after the end of Anthony's fourth-grade school year, Barron called 911 to report her son was unconscious, according to the documents.

Police arrived and found the boy not breathing and covered in bruises and abrasions. He also had circular burn marks on his stomach. After he was transported to a hospital, doctors noted he appeared "severely malnourished and dehydrated."
He was pronounced dead the following morning.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner ruled Anthony's death a homicide and identified multiple causes of death: subdural, subarachnoid and intraparenchymal cerebral hemorrhages due to blunt-force head trauma.
Court documents allege he was held up by his feet and dropped on his head repeatedly, punished with wrestling moves, forced to fight other children in the house, thrown into furniture, beaten in the face with a ping-pong paddle, slammed to the floor and given rug burn.

The day before the 911 call, Anthony was unable to walk or eat, according to authorities. But Leiva and Barron allegedly left him unconscious for hours.
"The final death blows came that evening when Leiva slammed Anthony on his head multiple times," prosecutors allege. "Barron did not call the police until the next morning. Leiva purposefully fled the residence with his children before authorities arrived."
Authorities had received reports for years of alleged child abuse, according to court filings. Even before Barron began dating Leiva, another adult male acquaintance of hers was accused of sexually assaulting her son when he was just 5 years old.

Despite many interactions with county child services, authorities determined investigations into numerous prior child abuse allegations were "inconclusive."
Barron was able to keep custody of her seven children, three of whom she shared with Leiva, who fathered another five kids with three other women. According to authorities, he was especially abusive to his non-biological children, and allegedly admitted to shoving Anthony's younger brother so hard into a chair he needed three staples to close a gash in his scalp.https://www.foxla.com/news/anthony-avalos-case-la-county-to-approves-32-million-settlement
FOX Los Angeles reported in October that the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved a $32 million settlement with the rest of Anthony's family, which sued, alleging social workers on the case failed to properly handle the accusations. Members include the boy's father as well as maternal aunts and uncles who are expected to testify against Barron at trial.

Gascon reversed the decision on giving these two the death penalty,

Same location, same criminally incompetent CPS department, and same worse than incompetent counselor (somehow still has license) as Gabriel. Still no justice almost 5 fucking years later. How dare that asshole remove the death penalty from the table. I don’t even care that it would probably never been carried out-at least they’d be locked up 23 hours a day and not hanging out with his MS13 homies.
Same prosecutor also (only plus) although I don’t know how he can mentally prepare for this again. Only real differences are the names of the victim and the animals who murdered him.

A Lancaster woman charged along with her boyfriend with the torture and murder of her 10-year-old son inflicted some of the same type of punishment on her children that had been used against her by her mother and stepfather years earlier, the defendant's brother and sister testified Thursday.

Heather Barron, and her boyfriend, Kareem Leiva, are accused of killing 10-year-old Anthony Avalos in 2018 after years of horrific abuse. Barron and Leiva have pleaded not guilty to torturing and murdering Anthony.

They are also charged with two counts of child abuse involving two of the boy's half-siblings.

In a courtroom Thursday, Barron's brother and sister took the stand and described the abuse they and Barron suffered as children at the hands of their own mother and stepfather.

David Barron and Crystal Diuguid told Superior Court Judge Sam Ohta -- who is hearing the non-jury trial of Heather Barron and Kareem Leiva - that they warned their sister against inflicting the same kind of punishment they had faced as children.

The pair testified that they subsequently repeatedly notified the county Department of Children and Family Services about the alleged abuse of Anthony Avalos and three of his half-siblings.

David Barron said he told DCFS during one of the calls that he believed one of the children would be dead in five years if they were left in the home. He said it wound up being only about three years before Anthony died.

David Barron said he tried to protect Anthony and his younger siblings after learning of the abuse, but DCFS returned the four children to Heather in 2015. David never saw his nephew again.

Testimony is set to resume Monday, with three of the boy's half siblings expected to be called to the stand later next week.

Last edited:
Sugar Cookie said:

David Barron said he told DCFS during one of the calls that he believed one of the children would be dead in five years if they were left in the home. He said it wound up being only about three years before Anthony died.

David Barron said he tried to protect Anthony and his younger siblings after learning of the abuse, but DCFS returned the four children to Heather in 2015. David never saw his nephew again.

DCFS failed both Anthony and Gabriel.

The mother of Anthony Avalos and her boyfriend have been found guilty in the torture-murder of the 10-year-old Lancaster boy.
Superior Court Judge Sam Ohta announced his verdict Tuesday after hearing the trial of Heather Maxine Barron and Kareem Ernesto Leiva, with closing arguments wrapping up Feb. 22. Both sides had waived their right to having the case heard by a jury.

The ruling came after horrific testimony detailing extensive torture and abuse that Leiva and Barron were accused of carrying out on the boy.
That included depriving him of food and water, beating him repeatedly, forcing him to kneel on rice on a concrete floor for hours at a time, spraying hot sauce in his face, whipping him all over his body and stuffing a sock in his mouth if he complained or cried.

When he died, doctors found Anthony to be severely dehydrated and suffering from blunt-force trauma.
The defendants did not immediately react when Ohta announced the first verdict, on the count of murder, but there were audible reactions in the courtroom that led the judge to chide those present and tell them they would be removed upon further outbursts.

Barron, 33, and Leiva, 37, were charged with one count each of murder and torture involving Anthony's death on June 21, 2018, along with two counts of child abuse involving the boy's half-siblings, identified in court as Destiny and Rafael.

They were found guilty on all four counts.

In detailing Barron's apparent lack of affection for her own son, Ohta noted that she failed to seek medical attention for Anthony in his final days, when he was left unconscious on the floor in the family home after being abused by Leiva the evening of June 18, 2018.

"The defendant Barron waited to call 911 until Anthony was literally deceased on the afternoon of June 20, 2018," the judge said.

He added: "This flagrant lack of care for Anthony's life all point to intent to kill by both defendant Baron and defendant Leiva."

The murder count includes the special circumstance allegation of murder involving the infliction of torture. Over Deputy District Attorney Jonathan Hatami's objection, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office dropped its bid for the death penalty against the two after the election of District Attorney George Gascón, who issued a directive that "a sentence of death is never an appropriate resolution in any case."

Leiva and Barron now face a maximum of life in prison without the possibility of parole. Sentencing is scheduled for April 25.

The mother of a 10-year-old boy and her boyfriend were each sentenced Tuesday to life in prison for torturing and murdering the child, who was beaten, brutalized and starved in Southern California.
Heather Barron, 33, and Kareem Leiva, 37, were convicted of first-degree murder involving torture last month in a nonjury trial. They also were found guilty of abusing two other children in their Lancaster home.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Sam Ohta sentenced them both to life without the possibility of parole, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release. The sentencing followed emotional statements from the boy’s relatives and friends, ABC7 reported.
The judge called Anthony Avalos a “helpless child” dependent on his mother for his basic needs. "Instead Anthony was tortured and killed,” Ohta said.

Neither Barron nor Leiva spoke during Tuesday's hearing, according to the TV station.

The sentence needed to be modified with the addition of daily punishments of kneeling on uncooked rice. I had no idea this was a Catholic thing. Truly barbaric.
i-lost-a-toy-so-as-punishment-i-had-to-kneel-on-rice-for-v0-7lzrclemggo81.jpg

Last edited:
The sentence needed to be modified with the addition of daily punishments of kneeling on uncooked rice. I have no idea this was a Catholic thing. Truly barbaric.View attachment 93839i
I had to do this growing up. It was painful, I still have scars. My dad grew up with this punishment and so did I. My kids will never know about this. Positive reinforcement and if that isn’t enough they’ll get to write sentences!

I had to do this growing up. It was painful, I still have scars. My dad grew up with this punishment and so did I. My kids will never know about this. Positive reinforcement and if that isn’t enough they’ll get to write sentences!
My kids must be different.... I try the punishments I had as a kid and my kids fight back lol. I am like "go to you room no wifi." I shut off the wifi to there tv's and tablets. At 10 years old these twins figured out how to hack back into the wifi. I still don't know how they do it! They got into a fight with each
other and they both had marks on them. There teacher asked them about it, they said I did gave them the marks. They didn't want to get in trouble at school smh.

My kids must be different.... I try the punishments I had as a kid and my kids fight back lol. I am like "go to you room no wifi." I shut off the wifi to there tv's and tablets. At 10 years old these twins figured out how to hack back into the wifi. I still don't know how they do it! They got into a fight with each
other and they both had marks on them. There teacher asked them about it, they said I did gave them the marks. They didn't want to get in trouble at school smh.
Yeah that’s the reason my kids don’t have access to the WiFi. We have no phones for them or tables or anything like that. They have a tv in the game room that we will allow them to watch on the weekends and usually it’s a fight cause they never want to watch the same thing so it gets shut off. My sisters kids don’t even know what playing outside is. They have no toys only electronics. Kids are too smart because they have all these things teaching them how to get away with things lol

Latest posts

Back