• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Walking Dead comic book is no more.

The post-apocalyptic zombie comic which provided the inspiration for the hit AMC show will end after its 193rd printing, its author announced.

Robert Kirkman announced that the final installment of The Walking Dead will be released on Wednesday.

The last edition, which numbers 84 pages, will be sold for $3.99, and will include a personal essay by Kirkman.

‘This is the end of The Walking Dead,’ Kirkman wrote.

‘That’s it... it’s over... we’re done.’

Kirkman wrote that he did not want to announce the final issue beforehand because the series ‘has always been built on surprise.’

‘I hate knowing what’s coming,’ wrote Kirkman.

The comic book series ends one issue after the main protagonist, Rick Grimes, was killed off.

‘It just felt wrong and against the very nature of this series not to make the actual end as surprising as all the big deaths... from Shane all the way to Rick,’ Kirkman wrote.

‘I’m upset, too. I’m going to miss it as much as you will, if not more so.

‘It breaks my heart that I had to end it, and we have to move on... but I just love this world too much to stretch things out until it doesn’t live up to what I want it to be.

The Walking Dead aired for nine seasons on AMC before its final episode was broadcast this past March.

Five million viewers watched the series finale - the worst viewership for a finale episode in the show’s history.

AMC is also planning three original new movies inspired by the show.

Characters I loved

Back