• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
SHAW, MS - Police in Mississippi have someone in custody after a baby was stabbed then baked inside an oven.

There is not a lot of details being released as of yet, but what we do know is that police were called to a home Monday evening. Sheriff Kelvin Williams said officers would find the dead baby inside the residence.

No word on the baby's age or identity, or if it was still in the oven when officers arrived. Police do have a suspect in custody at the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility, but their identity and relationship to the baby have not been released.

Well, it has been a while since we've reported on a kid being placed in an oven. The last time we reported on something similar was back in 2016 when a woman placed her 2-year-old daughter inside one and caused the girl to suffer second and third degree burns across 60 percent of her body.

Please update this thread as more information is released.

SOURCE: WTVA

2018-10-16_075707.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SHAW, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is in custody after a baby was stabbed, placed in an oven and baked, according to the Bolivar County sheriff.
Emergency dispatchers received the call after 7 p.m. on Monday, Sheriff Kelvin Williams said. Police and sheriff's deputies found the baby at a residence on Martin Luther King Drive. The baby's age is unclear at this time.

The suspect sits at the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility, according to Williams. The relationship of that person to the baby is not being released at this time, and it is uncertain when the crime actually happened.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the State Crime Lab have been called to investigate.

SHAW, Miss. – Police took a person into custody after a baby was stabbed, placed in an oven and baked at a home in western Mississippi.

According to WTVA, emergency dispatchers received a call around 7 p.m. Monday. Deputies arrived at a home on Martin Luther King Drive and found the baby inside.

Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams told WTVA that one person was in custody and being held at the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility. That individual’s relationship to the baby isn’t being released. Police said it’s unclear when the crime took place.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the crime lab are investigating the case.

https://fox59.com/2018/10/16/sheriff-baby-stabbed-baked-in-oven-at-western-mississippi-home/

UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams says a grandmother is being held in connection with the infant's death.

The grandmother's name is not being released because no formal charges have been filed at this time.

The infant has been identified as a 20-month-old girl. The girl's identity is not being released at this time.

The sheriff says the girl's body has been sent to the state crime lab for an autopsy.
https://www.wtva.com/content/news/B...s-stabbed-placed-in-oven-baked-497648161.html

Honestly, my heart goes out to the poor baby (let's hope she was dead before she went in the oven) but also to the first responders who had to see that. Eye bleach is not enough to erase THAT sight. I couldn't do it.
At least this baby wasn’t microwaved

Last edited:
Honestly, my heart goes out to the poor baby (let's hope she was dead before she went in the oven) but also to the first responders who had to see that. Eye bleach is not enough to erase THAT sight. I couldn't do it.

The sight yes but don’t forget the smell.

I was expecting to find some news on the the grandmother's mental evaluation, but nothing yet.
Here is a little back ground.
LINK
Nov. 2, 2018

A week before she was found dead in a hot oven, Royalty Floyd's toys and belongings were on the curb, left for trash. One by one, a highchair, car seat and a box of diapers were picked off, taken by people who were passing by.

Then, Royalty's body was discovered. Neighbors said they smelled her burning.

Her grandmother, Carolyn Jones, is in the local jail in Bolivar County charged with murder in the 20-month-old's death.

She's in a modified cell and will likely undergo a mental evaluation. The toddler was stabbed repeatedly and placed in an oven. It's too soon to tell how long she was in the oven before being found by her great-uncle. Her tiny body was burned beyond recognition.
[...]
No one says much about Royalty's life.

Her mother, Veronica Jones, was working and living in Memphis. After Royalty's death, she made a Facebook post calling her daughter the "best thing that ever happened to me." The page has since been deleted. A GoFundMe page she started to pay for funeral costs is closed. The child's father isn't mentioned.

Neighbors rarely saw Royalty. She and her grandmother went to church, but no one is really sure which one. What little information law enforcement has describes the 20-month-old as "vibrant."
[...]
Neighbors whisper about what they think went on inside the house the days before Royalty died. They offer bits of information, some anecdotally, about Jones. For the most part, they said, Jones kept to herself.

Then, two weeks before Royalty died, they said, Jones ran out of the house screaming. Two water moccasins were inside her home. A neighbor killed them with a hoe, chopping off their heads.

Law enforcement said that was the only interaction they ever had with Jones or Royalty.

A week later, Royalty's belongings were on the curb.
[...]

Feb 7 2019
Daddy's heart is breaking etc etc.
His baby girl's belongings were dumped on the curb the week before she was killed, but I guess he wasn't visiting or he would have noticed.

Yeah, now everyone wants to claim this (insert generic adjective to describe child you never met) girl when it can get them money, sympathy, condolences. Where were they when this child needed love, guidance, patience? Uh-huh...busy I guess.

Back