• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
March 24, 2016

By all accounts, Makenna Hodson’s short life was a sad and painful one. Her parents, Jordan, 36, and Sara Elizabeth, 35, Hodson were sentenced Wednesday to 20 years in jail for committing fatal child neglect in 2012.

Makenna died of septic shock poisoning from an untreated hole in her stomach on Dec. 11, 2012. But an autopsy found evidence of previous bone fractures and methamphetamine in her system, prosecutor Donnie Myers said Thursday in a news release.

A search of her Bushberry Road home in Pelion found evidence of an active methamphetamine lab and in the master bedroom, where her crib was located, meth smoking devices, Myers said.

Despite evidence of past injuries, the baby never saw a doctor after her birth Oct. 1, 2012, until her parents arrived at a Pelion doctor’s office in December with the unconscious child, Myers said. Makenna was pronounced dead at Palmetto Health Richland later that day.
http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article68097052.html

Dec 12, 2012

Investigators believe this wasn't the first time Makenna Hodson was abused.

"This baby was mistreated from the very beginning of her life," said Sheriff James Metts. "She suffered two months of neglect and abuse."

Neighbors and people who knew the Hodsons told investigators they heard Sara Hodson say she didn't want her baby and that she "felt like throwing this child against the wall," Metts said. They didn't have good things to say about Jordan Hodson's parenting skills either, Metts said.

Preliminary autopsy results show that Makenna Hodson died from gastric perforation and complications resulting from gastric perforation, Lexington County Coroner Harry Harman said.

At her bond hearing Wednesday afternoon, Sara Hodson was in tears.

"I can't believe this happened," she said. "I love my kids."

The Hodsons have three other children who are all in protective custody, Metts said.
https://patch.com/south-carolina/lexington-sc/parents-charged-in-death-of-2-month-old

Just admit you don't want it and give it away FFS.
What is so tough to grasp there.

Her great-grandfather spent the final year of his life knowing that his grandchild tortured his great-granddaughter to death:

Back