A 9-year-old boy who died after a drive-by shooting Tuesday in Oklahoma City was remembered as a great kid who loved to play basketball and video games.
Dumarcus Fuller Jr.'s grandmother said he was busy enjoying one of those pursuits when he was shot around 9 p.m. on Tuesday.
"He was always playing either basketball or playing on his PlayStation 4," Minta O'Neal said on Thursday.
"When he got shot, he was playing on his PlayStation 4 in the front living room at his dad's place."
Police identified Fuller as the child pronounced dead at an area hospital after a shooter or shooters emptied dozens of rounds into his family's home in the 2500 block of SE 47.
Neighbors living near the gray, single-story brick house on the south side of a normally quiet street ending in a cul-de-sac reported hearing a string of gunshots followed by the screech of a car's tires. Soon after, they saw a man carrying Fuller to a car to rush him to an area hospital.
9-year-old boy killed in drive-by shooting identified by Oklahoma City police
A 9-year-old boy who loved basketball and video games was identified by Oklahoma City police as the victim of a drive-by shooting earlier this week.
www.oklahoman.com
