• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1713894866349.png

Paislee Howard has sold fifty dozen cookies to the community, going through 20 pounds of chocolate and 75 pounds of flour, to raise money for her upcoming open-heart surgery at the end of May.

When asked how it feels to have so many people want to buy her cookies, she said, “They just love it.”
Since she was in the womb, Paislee’s family has been aware of her heart defect diagnosis, known as ventricular septum defect and articular septal defect, causing holes in her heart.

“She has too much blood flow that goes to different chambers. All of her blood’s kind of going everywhere and it’s now her heart is enlarged. So now they have to go in and do surgery,” said Paislee’s mother, Alyssa Howard.
Her stay in the hospital will extend to five days, and her recovery may take up to eight weeks.

Despite going through health complications at such a young age, Paislee has remained positive and energetic, saying her parents, brother, kitten, and dog, help her to stay brave.

The Howard Family is asking for prayers for Paislee.

OK, but maybe little kids should be able to just get heart surgery if they need it? And not have to worry about how they will pay for something they will die without? This story depresses me.

I came to this story to say pretty much the same thing. I find it highly disconcerting that children who have no choice in some life threatening conditions have to do things like this.

it is a shame that people that needs life saving proceedures also needs the money necessary for those proceedures... BUT this story also gave me some hope because, as i see it, this young lady was raised to "work" for what she needs not rely on "go fund me", begging on the streets etc... and yes young lady i would pay 200 dollars for just one of the cookies you baked, then try to find a way to preserve it as a reminder that their is hope that not every one is raising their kids to be takers and "only or me, me, me, you owe it to ME, ME, ME, i haven't done anything to earn it but you owe it to me" kind of kids and young adults .... example : what is happening in our schools system... you can't give any kid only the grades they earn oh no even if they don't show up you still have to give them passing grades or it might affect their selfconfidence, you are or certain race(s) oh yea you get credit points for that etc etc... i don't know of anything to boost self confidence more than " I EARNED IT" .. and yes makes you take better care of what ever you earned by "studying hard, earning it by doing chores, or a job etc" and we are taking that away from our kids

Last edited:
What a dystopian world we live in that this is presented as a a feel-good story vs what it actually is.

I really hope they have her insured on a policy and that the cookie sales are just to cover her deductible/coinsurance, vs trying to figure out how to self-pay the entire surgery.

I think you all want to read more into it than what it is- the family is mostly asking for prayers

Read the actual gofund me - people being generous is an added bonus.

Also keeping the child busy and her mind off her surgery is important and will also go to teaching her valuable lessons along the way.

Like life can be hard but a positive attitude and a purpose can help you go through it.

Back