• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Inglewood man was convicted Wednesday of raping an 11-year-old girl and forcing her into prostitution in early 2015, but a jury was not able to reach a verdict on charges that he robbed and killed a 21-year-old transgender prostitute three months earlier.

Robert James Spells, 33, was also accused of lewd acts with the girl.

The girl, who is autistic and described as having the mental capacity of an 8-year-old, had run away from a foster home days earlier, Deputy Dist. Atty. Theodore Swanson said.

"He knew exactly how old she was. He knew she was young and he took advantage of that," Swanson told a jury Monday in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom. "He's bigger than her, he's stronger than her, he's a pimp."

A yellow dress, white bra, hoop earrings and sandals were found in a dark-colored sedan that Spells was seen driving only days before the girl was taken into police custody. Forensic tests showed the girl's DNA on the clothing.

During the trial, the girl testified that Spells raped her and that she worked for him as a prostitute.

"They selling me like they selling ribs or something," she testified during the trial. Spells also faced three additional counts relating to lewd acts with a child.

When the girl was taken into custody by Los Angeles police in February 2015, authorities found that the cellphone she had was linked to Spells by his email and Instagram accounts. Surveillance video taken from the motel shows the girl walking in the parking lot in the yellow dress and a receipt from the motel showed that Spells paid cash for a room that day.

Defense attorney Frank Duncan said during closing arguments that the girl gave inconsistent statements and could not be trusted.

"This case is sort of fun for her," he said. "She is important for the very first time in her life."

Spells faces a sentence of life without the possibility of parole in the crimes involving the 11-year-old girl.
http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-pimp-conviction-20180207-story.html#nt=oft13a-5gp1
[doublepost=1518340589,1518340548][/doublepost]
200x113

I think that has to be the ugliest, most inflammatory and insensitive statement ever uttered by a lawyer.
It displays such vile contempt for victim that far exceeds simply trying to defend your client.
He did not have to go there.
He did it because his case was weak and nothing more.
May he die of painful rectal cancer for this.

Now to the pimp.
Rape him with a bat wrapped in barbed wire.
I am sure HE would love the attention.

Last edited:
I can't believe what I just read. I guess you have to sell your soul to the devil to become a defense attorney.

Our watered down justice system being what it currently is I can well believe what this attorney threw out there to be digested by a jury in the accused defense. Never mind that he raped an 11 year old CHILD prior to tricking her out so she could have a little fun.

As long as we don't value our infants, children and juveniles by demanding justice for the egregious crimes committed against them the longer defense attorneys feel they can make the innocent victims bear the weight of them.

Saddest of all is that the children who survived atrocities are first to blame themselves.

th

Defense attorney Frank Duncan said during closing arguments that the girl gave inconsistent statements and could not be trusted.

"This case is sort of fun for her," he said. "She is important for the very first time in her life."

You know what else may be fun for her? Tying down her rapist and giving her five minutes in a room alone with him. She can choose anything she wants to torture him with.

Stupid fucking vile thing for a lawyer to say.

You know what else may be fun for her? Tying down her rapist and giving her five minutes in a room alone with him. She can choose anything she wants to torture him with.

I know that would be fun for me.

Wouldn't mind a moment or two with the lawyer either. I sure have some things to tell him.

So vile and stupid that it almost beggars belief. How consistent did he expect a traumatized 11 year old child first picked up from the streets only to be sent back out to work them to be?

The capper here is when cheap seats Frankie for the defense tells the court that it was the 11 year old child that could not be trusted.

May the balm made of equal parts love, care and kindness be included in her treatment and liberally applied PRN.

I am going to go out on a limb as a devil's advocate and assume the lawyer meant she "felt important" for the first time in her life. I hope I'm right and he's not as big of a piece of shit as he's make himself look.

From the appeal

On March 23, 2018, the trial court sentenced defendant to prison as follows: on count 7, the base term, the middle term of six years, doubled as a second strike to 12 years, plus five years pursuant to section 667, subdivision (a)(1), and three years for the three prior prison terms, pursuant to section 667.5, subdivision (b), with the fourth prison term enhancement stayed; count 3, a consecutive term of 15 years to life in prison, doubled to 30 years to life; count 4, a consecutive term of life without the possibility of parole; count 6, a 16-year term imposed and stayed pursuant to section 654; and count 8, a term of life without the possibility of parole imposed and stayed pursuant to section 654.

Thankfully his appeal was denied.

The appeal gives details on the murder of the transgender woman

Back