• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
The scam was enacted by someone posing as a customs official.
I'm willing to bet it started out earlier as an internet romance connection she'd sent money to, who promised to pay her back with the gold bars he'd been "given as a gift for saving the life of a Middle Eastern prince".

She would get her money back as promised and they would start a new life together with all of that gold.

Then "problems" happened at customs, she wanted her original investment back, plus all that billion in bullion and sent even MORE money.

The sunk-cost fallacy.

She borrowed $5,000 from her sister and $65,000 from a friend after depleting whatever resources she had.

She seems to believe she'll be forgiven for brandishing a gun and robbing a federal institution because SHE was wronged.
She should have sold her 2014 Elantra before borrowing money from friends and family, that tells me a lot about her character.

She needs to serve the standard sentence for this crime.

Too bad she doesn't have a @cubby in her life who would have slapped that phone right out of her hand the first call!!

1000013965.jpg

Ann Mayers, 74

Ohio

"Surveillance cameras captured the crime on Friday afternoon.

"The tellers in the bank, they were terrified. They saw the gun. They’re I’m sure scarred from this. It’s terrifying to be held up especially with a gun involved not knowing what the person’s intentions are,” said Brandon McCroskey, the Fairfield Township Police Sgt.

While some people might sympathize with the 74-year-old woman, McCroskey said she knew exactly what she was doing and had even talked about robbing a bank with her sister in the days before."

“I don’t think her sister really thought she was serious,” said McCroskey.

But she was so serious McCroskey said she tried to hide her identity by taking the license plate off her car and tried to remove a bumper sticker."

[ and she threw the clothes that she wore out of the car window on the way home, and she also stopped to return a pair of jeans that she purchased at Ross.]

"McCroskey said the woman had recently been scammed out of thousands of dollars from someone online. She also owed money to family and friends.

Police said before the bank heist she had no criminal history."

"When police arrested Mayers they found the money and the gun, which McCroskey said was loaded.
"

1000013970.jpg

She's got several Facebook pages.

Damn straight I would have slapped the phone out of her hand. If you've never met them, no matter how long you've been talking on line with them, they are a stranger and they are not going to give you anything of value unless they are going to get more out of it than you are, regardless of what they've told you. A little bit of cynicism goes a very long way, these days especially.

She doesn't need the money now.
But @Josh P ? There's a part of her that still believes that package full of gold bars sitting in customs is going to save the day.

Though I don't know exactly what scam she fell for, involving customs, this one happens a lot:
1000014046.jpg

1000014047.jpg
1000014048.jpg

It was unanimous- He'd been scammed

Not to be confused with THIS gold bar scam:

Anytime someone on the internet asks you for money it's a scam. I had someone tell me I could make a 10% return on my investment per month in the gold spot market. I told them I was offended that they thought I was stupid enough to fall for their bullshit lies.
Of COURSE they will be mightily insulted! You don't trust them? How could you doubt their honesty? Friends don't act so horribly! Maybe you're not the kind of friend you pretended to be?!!

Ah, but if you're a lonely, lovelorn soul, and the attractive, successful attentive suitor that you've always known you deserve comes along...
and the only thing keeping you two apart is the10% income that gold will bring in to take care of his/her sick father, to free you two up to fuck around the world in the style and luxury you also always knew you deserved.
(They're wealthy, they just don't have access to their riches at the moment)
Well, you've already deluded yourself this far, what's another inch or two?

There's plenty of male victims too
From what I've seen though men are a lot less inclined to continue to send money.

On the surface it seems a very pitiable situation? But if yiu look closely, almost all of these "victims" are shitty, selfish, greedy, arrogant, superficial, disloyal, lying assholes.

There's exceptions.

Last edited:
With that kind of income, I'd be renting mansions with crews of high priced hookers to wait on my every need.
You're not a very co-operative vìctim @Josh P . Lol!

We'll figure that out when you won't send the first $5 for the life-saving surgery we need after the accident we got into doing something nice for YOU!

Then ghost you and keep cultivating our 19 other victims we're working simultaneously. And by "we" I mean some Nigerian dude working from a script in a room full of other Nigerian scammers pretending to be someone else.

Here's one with a dude. Never had a girlfriend because he's been waiting for his virgin, God-fearing, nude-photo-sending supermodel, who is fascinated by his dullness.

You're not a very co-operative vìctim @Josh P . Lol!

We'll figure that out when you won't send the first $5 for the life-saving surgery we need after the accident we got into doing something nice for YOU!

Then ghost you and keep cultivating our 19 other victims we're working simultaneously. And by "we" I mean some Nigerian dude working from a script in a room full of other Nigerian scammers pretending to be someone else.

Here's one with a dude. Never had a girlfriend because he's been waiting for his virgin, God-fearing, nude-photo-sending supermodel, who is fascinated by his dullness.

He's not a virgin, the scammer is fucking him out of his money.

Back