• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Oklahoma woman was arrested and a child placed in DHS custody after police say she allegedly left her young child in a hot car while she shopped at a liquor store.

On Wednesday evening, officers were called to Owasso Wine and Liquor after receiving reports of a small child locked in a car.

Dispatchers learned from witnesses that the 14-month-old child looked to be in distress.

When officers arrived, they found the toddler, who they say was only wearing a wet diaper and showed signs of medical distress.

Police told FOX 23 that the baby’s mother, 24-year-old Gretchen Markovics, was leaving the liquor store and was questioned by officers at the scene.

Investigators say the baby was likely alone in the car for 15 to 20 minutes.

OWASSO, Oklahoma
A police officer is credited with saving the life of a young child who had been left in a hot car.

Witnesses reported seeing the 14-month-old in a locked vehicle Wednesday afternoon. The car was parked outside a liquor store.

The baby's 24-year-old mother walked up to the car shortly after the officer arrived. The child was crying inside.

Last edited:
Does this happen in the winter when the weather is milder? Seems it always happens in the summer. What's up with the forgetting, do the forgetting parents only do it when it's hot?

I know in this case they just left the baby in the car because they didn't want to deal with him. I think they both should be sentenced to a week in Death Valley. If they last a couple hours I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
@Satanica
An Oklahoma woman has pleaded guilty to child neglect after police say she left her young child in a hot car while she shopped at a liquor store.

In June, officers were called to Owasso Wine and Liquor after receiving reports of a small child locked in a car. Witnesses told 911 dispatchers that the 14-month-old child looked to be in distress.

Initial reports indicate that the child appeared to be sweating and crying hysterically.

When officers arrived at the scene, they quickly found the toddler wearing only a wet diaper.

Police told FOX 23 that the baby’s mother, 24-year-old Gretchen Markovics, was leaving the liquor store and was questioned by officers at the scene.

After being taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, the child was moved into DHS custody.

According to online court records, Markovics pleaded guilty to one count of child neglect. Markovics received a five-year deferred sentence, and was ordered to complete a parenting course.

Latest posts

Back