• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1714240940429.png

A Louisiana man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison and will be physically castrated after pleading guilty to raping a 14-year-old girl, District Attorney Scott Perrilloux announced.

On April 17, Glenn Sullivan, Sr., 54, of Springfield, pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree rape.
Judge William Dykes sentenced Sullivan to 50 years in prison and mandated him to be physically castrated, which was part of his plea agreement with prosecutors, Perrilloux said in the statement.

"I want to say I've had three people ordered to be chemically castrated but, to my knowledge, this is the first physical castration to be ordered," Assistant District Attorney Brad Cascio, who prosecuted the case, said, WBRZ reports.

"I felt that this case was a strong enough case and warranted such action," Cascio said in the statement.
In July 2022, the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office opened an investigation after a young woman told detectives that Sullivan had raped her multiple times when she was 14, according to the statement. The young teen later became pregnant "and a DNA test that was ordered during the course of the criminal investigation proved Sullivan had impregnated her,” the statement reads.

life in prison sure! Physical castration no, I just don’t believe the government should have the right to do something like that (unless the guy asked for it)
Unfortunately America has a long history of sterilizing people without their knowledge or against their will. I’d even support chemical castration! But this just feels like the government having too much power

life in prison sure! Physical castration no, I just don’t believe the government should have the right to do something like that (unless the guy asked for it)
Unfortunately America has a long history of sterilizing people without their knowledge or against their will. I’d even support chemical castration! But this just feels like the government having too much power

He did ask for it though, sort of. I was curious about the legalities here, and whether the judge could have mandated this particular sentence outside of the plea deal that was accepted by the accused.

Louisiana can sentence offenders to chemical castration, but NOT physical castration, unless they give their consent for it.

In 2008, Louisiana enacted a law allowing the state to chemically castrate those convicted of certain sex crimes. Chemical castration involves the administration of hormonal drugs that reduce a person’s libido and sexual urges. The law also allows offenders to undergo physical or surgical castration if they give their voluntary consent.

https://fox59.com/news/national-wor...ted-for-raping-impregnating-14-year-old-girl/

Back