• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I wouldn't call this a hoax.
I would call this a crime. Falsely reporting a crime is a crime.

Not to mention the accelerated friction and division LGBTQ is already suffering from. Plus the MAGA, and then there is the race issue.

I think he should go to jail.
It is both a hoax, and a crime. It's not illegal to set up an assault on yourself. The legal crime is filing a false police report. The moral crime is stirring up emotions over a lie.
After subtracting all the false reports, what are the actual criminal statistics? A small extremely vocal subset of the minority is creating division while the rest of the minority just gets on with life.

Last edited:
I am going to have too look that one up.
Yep, she was another kook!
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't call this a hoax.
I would call this a crime. Falsely reporting a crime is a crime.

Not to mention the accelerated friction and division LGBTQ is already suffering from. Plus the MAGA, and then there is the race issue.

I think he should go to jail.
I agree this was a crime, he should also be slapped with a heavy fine ..

Last edited:
It is both a hoax, and a crime. It's not illegal to set up an assault on yourself. The legal crime is filing a false police report. The moral crime is stirring up emotions over a lie.
After subtracting all the false reports, what are the actual criminal statistics? A small extremely vocal subset of the minority is creating division while the rest of the minority just gets on with life.

I actually call this terrorism ... all of these acts amount to persuasion and fear mongering. It would be an injustice for him to skate or not face charges for this.

Well, it's official, he's now a suspect...

SSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTT!

He thought he had a foolproof plan. The only problem was that the plan was made by a fool.

Last edited:
Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who said he was the victim of a hate crime, was indicted Wednesday night by an Illinois grand jury that found probable cause that he had actually staged the assault he reported to Chicago police in January.
Law enforcement officials said a grand jury had decided that Mr. Smollett falsely reported being attacked in a case that quickly drew national attention, and charged him with a felony count of disorderly conduct.

i'm all about be happy n love thy neighbor n shit,,, always been a happy hippy/metal head... getting hard in this day n age.. this makes my heart so happy!!! I hate fake hate!!! I hate people that think being a victem is "cool" He already ruined his career n now hes gonna get charged too!!!! YESSS!

He'll be checking himself into the hospital soon ..
You know, exhaustion .. :rolleyes:

He already did that, a couple of days after the story broke and he should be charged with FRAUD too, for abusing the system like that.

He’s turned himself in to Chicago police. Bond hearing coming soon!

I want to see his mug shot !!!

I like some of his guests more than him. Owen Benjamin was right, joe doesn’t have very many opinions and lots of times he baits his guests.

Yeah Joe has stated many times, he isnt that smart - but he has a great memory and that he really just likes learning new things and hearing other peoples opinons etc... I'm also more a fan of the people he talks to than I am him, I do like him though sometimes - BUT I think he does great keeping people talking and making people feel comfortable and gets a lot of different people on.

Probably thought they wouldn't look into it that deeply, because he's a "star". Boy, did he ever miscalculate. I am really proud of the way Chicago PD handled this. They made sure they dotted every "i" and were extremely thorough, and that's really paying off now. No one can say they didn't take it seriously.

Last edited:
Probably thought they wouldn't look into it that deeply, because he's a "star". Boy, did he ever miscalculate. I am really proud of the way NYPD handled this. They made sure they dotted every "i" and were extremely thorough, and that's really paying off now. No one can say they didn't take it seriously.

Thanks,:) but it was the Chicago PD

“Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career,” Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a press conference. “I’m left hanging my head and asking why. Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose?”
“Accusations within this phony attack received national attention for weeks,” Johnson continued. “Celebrities, news commentators and even presidential candidates weighed in on something that was choreographed by an actor.”
Johnson began the press conference by lamenting the attention Smollett’s case has received.
“As I look out into the crowd, I just wish that the families of gun violence in this city got this much attention,” he said.

It was all so obvious and ill planned, it's like he came up with the whole scheme while he was drunk.
Police said, in reality, Smollett had paid those two men, Ola and Abel Osundairo, $3,500 by check to stage the attack. CBS 2’s Charlie De Mar has reported Smollett also directed the brothers to buy the noose at a hardware store and the hat and masks at a store in Uptown. Johnson said police have the check.
I wonder if the brothers played him? They went along for money, and said "a check will be fine!" because they knew it would cover their ass if caught.
It's been such a spectacular career suicide I've pitied Smollett, but then remember how much trouble and ill will he's caused.

Back