• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thehesbomb

Trusted Member
On June 29, 2009, Lee County Department of Human Resources, reported to the Lee County Sheriff's Office an incident of possible child abuse which had occurred at an address on Lee Road 2008 in Smiths. According to the report, a three week old baby girl had been taken to the Doctor's Hospital in Columbus, Georgia, by her parents. According to the parents, the child would not eat. An evaluation of the three week old child concluded that the child was suffering from intracranial hemorrhage. The child was transferred to Columbus Regional for further treatment. The Lee County Sheriff's Office and the Department of Human Resources combined their investigation into this reported crime.

On July 31, 2009, at approximately 9:00 AM/CST, the father of the child, Joseph A. Depalma, (22), of Smiths, was arrested by the Lee County Sheriff's Office and has been charged with Aggravated Child Abuse. Aggravated Child Abuse is a Class B felony. He is currently being held in the Lee County Detention Facility on a ($30,000.00) thirty thousand dollar bond.

The child has been released from the hospital and is currently in the care of the mother.

349fd49.png

http://www.wani1400.com/News/frmArticle.aspx?NewID=2162

I'm glad the baby is alive. I hope there is no long term problems.
He needs his stupid ass kicked.

I wonder when LE will charge the mom ( if she knew about the abuse )?

From what I understand symptoms of an intracranial hemorrhage, type of brain bleed, can include:
# Abnormal sense of taste
# Change in alertness (level of consciousness)

* Apathetic, withdrawn
* Sleepy, lethargic, stuporous
* Unconscious, comatose

# Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
# Difficulty swallowing
# Difficulty writing or reading
# Headache

She could have easily not known anything as severe as a brain bleed occurred. I know I wouldn't even consider it unless my baby had an obvious bruise or I was aware of some trauma. I didn't find anything that indicated prior abuse or mother aware of anything unusual. I'm thinking 3 weeks and mother hasn't had much time to even get her wits about her yet. Something could go unnoticed unless the fucker was being abusive with the baby right in front of her.

Pisses me off. Fuckers who beat on the helpless. I hope his ass is beat daily. And I sure as hell hope this mother didn't know a damn thing.

Heal completely little one.

I wonder when LE will charge the mom ( if she knew about the abuse )?
I am the mother of this child and he is my now ex-husband. I did not know what was going on, I woke up from a nap and found her to be what I thought was dead laying on his chest. I rushed her to the hospital and she is ok now concidering the circumstances. I am in MA now and with a new boyfriend, a state trooper who helped out alot during this tragedy. My daughters right side of her body is undergoing some paralyzis but it could be worse. She is 10 months old now. Thanks for your concern everybody I apreciate it alot

S, is Joseph convicted? Has he been sentenced? Do the doctors think your daughter will recover eventually? Give her a big, gentle hug and kiss from me.

Thank you for the update on your daughter. I cant even imagine the hell you went/are going thru.

Lets us know whats going on with that POS of a sperm donor. Has he been to trial yet? Plea deal? He needs to pay for what he did to your baby!

I am the mother of this child and he is my now ex-husband. I did not know what was going on, I woke up from a nap and found her to be what I thought was dead laying on his chest. I rushed her to the hospital and she is ok now concidering the circumstances. I am in MA now and with a new boyfriend, a state trooper who helped out alot during this tragedy. My daughters right side of her body is undergoing some paralyzis but it could be worse. She is 10 months old now. Thanks for your concern everybody I apreciate it alot

Glad to hear you are away from the ex. Glad to hear that you have the baby and hope she heals more every day. As a mother of 4 baby girls, (2 who were hit by a mini van just last month), I can only imagine your rage. Mine is small compared to what you have to feel.

Back