• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://abcnews.go.com/US/iowans-search-20-year-student-missing-jogging/story?id=56740603
[....]
Mollie Tibbetts, 20, left for an evening run from a house where she was dog sitting with her boyfriend in Brooklyn, Iowa, at about 10 p.m. on Wednesday and not been seen since.

"She might have a FitBit on and she might have her cellphone, but obviously we've tried just calling her but it's either off or dead so it would go straight to voicemail," her boyfriend Dalton Jack said.

Jack told ABC News that Tibbetts, who attends the University of Iowa, sent him a routine photo over Snapchat the night she disappeared.
mollie-tibbets-ho-mo-20180722_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

The area is largely farmland, and hundreds of volunteers searched acres of barns, dirt roads and cornfields on Friday and Saturday in a bid to find the missing woman. Officials also used a helicopter to help search the area.

"This is not like her at all," her aunt Kim Calderwood told Des Moines ABC affiliate WOI. "She's a very responsible and conscientious young woman."
tibbetts-missing-poster-ho-mo-20180722_hpEmbed_8x11_992.jpg

I don't believe the boy friend ... because dog sitting. As soon as I put on my sneakers, my dogs are like ... Yippee!

Cause I take them with me ... like unless she was watching a chihuahua, I'm assuming this story would read woman and dog go missing ?

BROOKLYN, IA
– Search crews are currently looking for a 20-year-old University of Iowa Student who went missing after going jogging on Wednesday.

The Iron County Sheriff’s Office says 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts went out for an evening jog on Wednesday and has not been seen since.

Tibbets has been staying at the home of her boyfriend, his brother and his brother’s fiancé for the summer.

When she did not report to work Thursday morning, her family reported Tibbetts missing.

“She goes for a run every night. She likes to go whenever the sun’s not down, but it’s starting cool off, like 6 or 7,” said Dalton Jack, who was working out of town when Tibbets disappeared. “She probably has her cell phone, but it’s either off or dead and we’ve tried calling it obviously and it goes straight to voicemail.”

She was last seen wearing gym shorts, a black sports bra, and running shoes. She is described as being 5-feet, 3-inches tall and weighing 120 pounds.

Search crews have searched every road, every ditch and every body of water near town, Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel.

“We’re surrounded by farm ground — corn and soy beans. Right now the corn is probably eight, nine feet tall. The only way you can search it is basically walk down every other row,” Kriegel said. “It’s difficult. Even the planes flying over have a difficulty looking down in the corn rows.”

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the boyfriend’s home.

“I don’t know if anything I say will get that out of people’s minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said. “I am just kind of putting trust and faith in the law enforcement.”

Anyone with information is urged to call the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office at 641-623-5679.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

z_0VYn8_DiU

Continue reading...

Another article describes a different timeline, so she might have disappeared from the property?

Mollie Tibbetts, 20, was last seen moments before going on an evening run while dog-sitting at a home in Brooklyn, Iowa, at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

“She might have a FitBit on and she might have her cellphone, but obviously we've tried just calling her, but it's either off or dead so it would go straight to voicemail,” her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, told ABC News.

Tibbetts, who is enrolled at the University of Iowa, reportedly sent Jack a photo over Snapchat about 10 p.m. that night, and was not heard from again.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/seen-mollie-tibbetts-college-student-144303921.html

EDIT: I went onto the Heavy and saw that Mollie works at a day camp, and the red shirt she wears to work is missing, too. It also mentions that she's dog-sitting at her boyfriend's brother's house. Now get this: Her boyfriend and the brother's fiancée are out of town, but the brother (the owner of the house) is working only two hours away.
Uh huh!

Mollie Cecelia Tibbetts was at her boyfriend’s brother’s house in Brooklyn, Iowa, when she went missing, according to posts from family members on a Facebook page set up to help in the search, “Finding Mollie Tibbetts.” Her boyfriend of more than two years, Dalton Jack, her boyfriend’s brother, Blake and her boyfriend’s brother’s fiancee, Allie Houghton, were out of town. and Tibbetts was dog-sitting their two dogs, her family says. Dalton Jack, who was in Dubuque, Iowa, about two hours away, for work, told ABC News that Tibbetts sent him a routine Snapchat photo to say good night about 10 p.m. on July 18. Dalton Jack, Mollie Tibbett’s boyfriend, works with his brother at his construction company, Jack Building & Design. Blake Jack and Allie Houghton have been helping in the search.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/mollie-tibbetts/

Last edited:
This is hinky. The boyfriend or the boyfriend's brother are likely involved. Especially if she allegedly went for a run at 10pm.

State and federal agents are investigating the disappearance of a 20-year-old University of Iowa student who has been missing for nearly a week from her hometown in eastern Iowa.

Volunteer searches for Mollie Tibbetts, of Brooklyn, were called off this week as the FBI and state investigators took over, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation spokesman Mitch Mortvedt said Tuesday.

"We're still asking for the public's help," Mortvedt said. "We'd like to get any information we can. The more eyes and ears we have, the better."

Mortvedt said officials have little to go on, but they're "leaning more and more toward something happening to her against her will."

Television station KCRG reported Tibbetts was staying at her boyfriend's home at the time of her disappearance. She was there to watch his dogs because he had a construction job about 100 miles northeast in Dubuque. A neighbor reported seeing Tibbetts going for a jog on July 18.

The boyfriend, Dalton Jack, told the station he received a Snapchat photo from Tibbetts late Wednesday night, after she would have returned to the home from her jog.

She was reported missing Thursday when she didn't show up for work.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tts-iowa-college-student-missing-week-n894381

When they say they 'searching corn fields, its obvious they're searching for her body because runners don't run through corn fields.

I don't understand why they needed a search warrant for the boyfriends house, I thought he was co-operating ?

If it was my girlfriend and I was under police scrutiny, and I didn't kill her ... I'd be fighting the cops.

Like spitting when I talked ... go fucking find her, fighting them.

Maybe he did it ?

It would be terrible if he was telling the truth and she was really gone, and no one was looking anywhere but at him.

Last edited:
I think they like to get the search warrants just in case the person decides to kick up a fuss about it and throw them out. And besides a search warrant is just the way to be extra careful about the legalities.

Oh this is terrible ... A few killers just got caught with DNA, its been on the news, so I really hope its not some asshole that is active, and maybe a little bit spooked, and thinking he's going to rack up his body count before the axe eventually falls. I really hope its not the boy friend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mollie...ch-pig-farm-for-missing-iowa-college-student/
Investigators say they have searched a pig farm and other places in east-central Iowa near where a University of Iowa student went missing, but have turned up no sign of her. CBS affiliate KCCI-TV reports that the pig farm is near Guernsey, about 15 minutes from 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts' hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.
[....]
A law enforcement source told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that drones are being employed to assist in the search. Numerous leads coming into investigators are being tracked down.

The FBI and state investigators have also been using digital forensic searches of her social media accounts, cellphone and fitness tracker in an effort to find her.

Tibbetts' Fitbit could potentially give investigators a trove of data on the day she disappeared using GPS technology and other data like her heart rate, CBS News correspondent Adriana Diaz reported. Investigators have also issued warrants to social media companies for data that could help determine exactly where she went.

"You can actually overlay the location data with the real world to find out what exactly happened," Thomas Yohannan, an expert on data recovery. "You are essentially trying to find a witness to the events that happened leading up to her missing person."

Authorities say that as more time passes without finding her, they increasingly suspect she was abducted.

Authorities say Tibbetts' boyfriend has been ruled out as a suspect.

A weird case. I hope they find her alive.

Jaycee Dugard was found alive ... Elisabeth Smart was found alive ... Ariel Castro's victims were found alive ... the girl in the box was found

alive ... I'm not calling Mollie dead yet ... she might will be alive and i hope the police begin treating this investigation like she might be,

because she might be ... I don't understand why police don't go door to door in situations like this ... I'm sure average, this has nothing to do

with me citizens would be co-operative, even thank full for the intrusion.

Of course i'm just speaking for myself, but if the police showed up at my house and wanted to

search for a missing person ... I'd invite them right in, and wish them all the luck in the world on their way back out door again.

Jaycee Dugard was found alive ... Elisabeth Smart was found alive ... Ariel Castro's victims were found alive ... the girl in the box was found

alive ... I'm not calling Mollie dead yet ... she might will be alive and i hope the police begin treating this investigation like she might be,

because she might be ... I don't understand why police don't go door to door in situations like this ... I'm sure average, this has nothing to do

with me citizens would be co-operative, even thank full for the intrusion.

Of course i'm just speaking for myself, but if the police showed up at my house and wanted to

search for a missing person ... I'd invite them right in, and wish them all the luck in the world on their way back out door again.

The public interest is there so we should learn more in the coming days. Doesn't sound like the boyfriend was involved.

The public interest is there so we should learn more in the coming days. Doesn't sound like the boyfriend was involved.

They're not considering him to be a suspect ... so its likely she was abducted, its bad either way ... she's gone.

What is bothering me about this case is the scrutiny on the boyfriend and the focus on technology ... like i know there is information to be

found there ... but it shouldn't be that the tech or the boyfriend, is the sole focus of the investigation. Sometimes old fashioned police work

gets result too ... Look at the the girls in Cleveland, they were blocks away from their homes the whole time.

I don't normally bash the police ...but i think they fucked this up from the beginning.

Especially if as time goes on they're beginning to think she was abducted ... who ever took her is laughing at them right now, because they

should have considered it from the first day. Her poor parents ... their community ... her ... OMG!

They're not considering him to be a suspect ... so its likely she was abducted, its bad either way ... she's gone.

What is bothering me about this case is the scrutiny on the boyfriend and the focus on technology ... like i know there is information to be

found there ... but it shouldn't be that the tech or the boyfriend, is the sole focus of the investigation. Sometimes old fashioned police work

gets result too ... Look at the the girls in Cleveland, they were blocks away from their homes the whole time.

I don't normally bash the police ...but i think they fucked this up from the beginning.

Especially if as time goes on they're beginning to think she was abducted ... who ever took her is laughing at them right now, because they

should have considered it from the first day. Her poor parents ... their community ... her ... OMG!

The Castro creep was a real POS. I'm gonna read up more on this case. It seems someone must've been tailing her or someone she knew, knew she was house-sitting.

The Castro creep was a real POS. I'm gonna read up more on this case. It seems someone must've been tailing her or someone she knew, knew she was house-sitting.

They're all pieces of shit ...

Why cant it just be a stranger ... ? Like of course someone seen her ... but why does it have to be someone she knew ?

They're all pieces of shit ...

Why cant it just be a stranger ... ? Like of course someone seen her ... but why does it have to be someone she knew ?

It doesn't have to be. https://www.refinery29.com/2018/07/205956/mollie-tibbetts-missing-university-of-iowa-student

When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said.

Dalton Jack, Tibbetts' boyfriend of almost three years, told KCRG that he was one of the first to notice that she was missing. He said that while Tibbetts was dog-sitting, he was in Dubuque, IA, which is about two hours away, for work, while his brothers were in Ames, IA.

"I was the one who threw red flags," he said.

The Iowa Department of Public Safety has received many calls about the missing persons statistics since Tibbetts’ disappearance, the Argus Leader reported.

But the department tried to quell the panic by clarifying that the number isn’t unusual — and that not all the cases are kidnappings or sex trafficking-related.

Last year alone, 4,311 young people were reported missing to The Missing Person Information Clearinghouse — about 12 a day, according to WQAD.

“The vast majority of which are found or returned home within 24 hours,” they said in a statement, adding that the majority of the people included in the data are runaways.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/missing-college-student-is-one-of-dozens-to-disappear-this-month/

I was the one who threw red flags," he said.

He didn't though ... work threw up the red flags. If that accurate ?
The good morning text ... if i sent out a good morning text, I'd expect some kind of reply ... especially to the person who was dog sitting at my house. I would just want to know that everyone made it through the night and the morning, with out getting hit by a car or spayed by a skunk, and then when they were left on their own again that everything was tip top. I'd be alarmed if I didn't hear from then rather promptly.

Back