• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I've been an avid reader of "Why Not To Train Up A Child" and "Recovering Grace" and there are so many more child abuse victims that don't get reported that are a result of the Pearls and their teachings. Them and Bill Gothard are effed up.

Despite pleas from their attorneys and even their pastor, the judge showed no mercy to Skagit County couple Larry and Carri Williams for the death of their adopted daughter. The two received the maximum sentences allowable under the law.

“I feel the punishment should match the outrage felt by this community,” said Skagit County Superior Court Judge Susan Cook. “I am at a complete loss. I think at some point in this trial each and every one of us sat stunned and speechless without the slightest hope of making any sense of this whatsoever.”

Cook sentenced Carri Williams to 37 years in prison. Her husband Larry, convicted of lesser charges, was sentenced to just under 28 years. Both terms are well above the standard sentencing range.

“Mr. Williams’s sentence amounts to a backdoor way to punish him for a crime he was not convicted of,” said his attorney Rachel Forde.
[...]

During sentencing, friends of the couple argued they are good people with children who had behavioral problems they couldn't handle. The children were adopted from Ethiopia.

“Larry and Carri Williams are two of the truest and purest people on this earth,” said Ruth Dueck.

“I have known Larry and Carri to be loving parents with the ability to raise children appropriately,” said the family pastor, Richard Long. “I also firmly believe they have the ability to be healthy, contributing members of society.”

Judge Cook, however, would have none of it.

“What I see is one child dead, one child with PTSD, and seven biological children who apparently believe that degrading and dehumanizing another person is completely acceptable," said Judge Cook.
[...]

Also during sentencing, prosecutors divulged that Immanuel, the surviving adopted son, asked to never see the couple again. Immanuel had testified that the couple used sticks or belts to beat him all over his body as punishment. He also described being sprayed with a water hose if he wet his pants. Now in foster care and back in school, the boy told a caseworker that even though they are headed to prison for a very long time, he feels he can't completely escape them.

“He still has a fear that Mrs. Williams will come and take him away,” said prosecutor Rosemary Kaholokula.

Judge Cook added, “These two children who had already endured the loss of their parents in Ethiopia were brought to this country by the defendants for a better life, but hey fell into a black hole. At the bottom of that hole they did not find the land of milk and honey. They found the land of frozen vegetables and water soaked sandwiches.”
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Hana-williams-death-parents-sentencing-229691241.html

Hana Williams , Seven Years After Her Death

From 2015
A state appellate court ruled Monday that Carri and Larry Williams were justly convicted by a Skagit County jury in 2013 for their roles in the abuse and death of their adopted Ethiopian daughter.

Both Williamses, who were sentenced to decades in prison, appealed their convictions.

Carri Williams, 45, was sentenced to just under 37 years in prison after she was found guilty of homicide by abuse in the death of Hana Williams, the couple’s adopted daughter. Carri Williams was also convicted on one count of first-degree assault of her adopted Ethiopian son.

Her husband, Larry Williams, 52, was sentenced to nearly 28 years on first-degree manslaughter and first-degree assault of a child.

Skagit County prosecutors argued at trial that the couple abused and neglected their adopted children over several years.

The adopted children, unlike the Williamses’ biological children, were fed frozen food and wet sandwiches, according to testimony. Hana was sent to a closet and sometimes had to sleep in a locked shower room or a barn behind the house.

Hana died of hypothermia after collapsing in the family’s backyard on May 11, 2011. Her condition was hastened by malnutrition and a stomach condition.

Hana’s age was never officially determined, but she was believed to be about 13.

Carri Williams appealed her convictions on claims the court made multiple errors during her trial. She contended there was not enough evidence to support the prosecution’s argument that Hana was younger than 16 when she died.

The girl’s age was a key element in Carri Williams’ conviction on homicide by abuse, and was the focus of much testimony at trial.

The judges found sufficient evidence was presented to show Hana was under 16.

Larry Williams argued in his appeal that not enough evidence was presented at trial to prove he played a criminal role in the death and abuse and that his lengthy sentence was extreme. He blamed his wife for Hana’s death, arguing on appeal that “the evidence at trial fell well short of establishing [his] guilt as an accomplice” to manslaughter, according to Monday’s opinion.

But appellate judges disagreed.
:

I always hate the parent more that is the bystander to the abuse and does nothing to stop it.

The man is a coward and deserves the sentence he got for being allowing the children to suffer.

The argument the woman used to get her sentence reduced showed her for the monster she truly is.

It does not matter how old Hana was this woman tortured and caused her death.

The argument the woman used to get her sentence reduced showed her for the monster she truly is.

It does not matter how old Hana was this woman tortured and caused her death.
Actually, here in Washington state the possible sentence is higher if the person who was abused is under 16. That is why the adoptive "mother" was fighting so hard to try and pretend Hana was older. She wanted to add three years to the age that she was stated to be when they adopted her. It did not work.

I am always extra puzzled by cases like this one where allegedly devout religious people adopt children of color from third world countries and then abuse them. They clearly hated Hana and her brother, and abused them for the entire three years they had them. They already had a herd of bio kids, all still at home, so they weren't without children and did not have an empty nest. So why on Earth did they adopt two kids they seemed to have hated from the start?

Last edited:
Actually, here in Washington state the possible sentence is higher if the person who was abused is under 16. That is why the adoptive "mother" was fighting so hard to try and pretend Hana was older. She wanted to add three years to the age that she was stated to be when they adopted her. It did not work.

I am always extra puzzled by cases like this one where allegedly devout religious people adopt children of color from third world countries and then abuse them. They clearly hated Hana and her brother, and abused them for the entire three years they had them. They already had a herd of bio kids, all still at home, so they weren't without children and did not have an empty nest. So why on Earth did they adopt two kids they seemed to have hated from the start?
For attention and cred at their church.

I'll bet they had a friend or a member of their church who adopted and got so much positive attention that she couldn't resist doing it for the attention, the fact that she doesn't like children who are not her own didn't enter into it. Tho it seems she didn't like her own too awful much, going by the descriptions of the house being immaculate and the kids being home schooled.

She is really a malignant narcissist, she proves it every time she opens her nasty mouth and blames it all on Hannah.

Back