• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Gucci has apologized for a wool sweater that resembled a "blackface" and said the item had been pulled from its online and physical stores, the latest case of an Italian fashion house having to apologize for cultural or racial insensitivity.

In a statement posted on Twitter on Wednesday, Gucci said it was committed to diversity and considered it a "fundamental value to be fully upheld, respected and at the forefront of every decision we make."

The turtleneck black wool balaclava sweater covers the nose and includes a red cut-out for the mouth. It was ridiculed on social media as insensitive and racist, at a time when the U.S. is grappling with cases of old photos of politicians with their faces blackened.

In December, Prada said it was no longer selling a line of accessories that featured a character with brown skin and exaggerated red lips after complaints they resembled blackface.

Surely they just let this shit fly for the publicity and talk. Otherwise, they don't review any of this shit before it's actually manufactured which would be really dumb. I don't like either possibility.

I have no idea. The entire concept of haute couture is ridiculous to me and should be a reminder to us all that the feudal system never ended.

Would this sweater be a problem if it was green and orange ... or purple and blue ... or red and pink ? Because you know what, as an Canadian ... this sweater is perfect for winter. Like if they made it full face with eye holes it would be even better !!!

Back