• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...mong-victims-in-quadruple-homicide/ar-BBRzUkG

The 911 call taker heard several shots during the call and a hysterical female in the background. By the time St. Charles city police officers got to the home, still draped with Christmas lights, there was little they could do.

The scene inside, police said, was "horrific." Zoe and Jonathan Kasten, just 8 and 10 years old, and their grandmother, Jane Moeckel were shot to death. Another woman was also shot and later died at the hospital.

When officers arrived, they observed a vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed.

Officers said they tried to stop the person behind the wheel — believed to be the suspect — which led to a gun battle that left one of their cruisers riddled with bullet holes. But it didn't end there.

A short time later, a person with that same description attempted to carjack a woman. Investigators said he stabbed the woman, then took off again.

After a seven-hour manhunt, police tracked down the suspect after they got a call that a man was inside this convenience store and bleeding.

Authorities said the murders were not random, but committed by a man who had a relationship with the victims. It was all too much for some of their neighbors process.

"Now they're gone. It's just scary, sad, very sad," said one neighbor.

Police said investigators are still looking into what may have motivated all of this. The carjacking victim is going to recover from her physical injuries and no officers were hurt.

Attachments

• Kate_Kasten.jpg
    Kate_Kasten.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,802
ST. CHARLES
• St. Charles Police and the Major Case Squad have identified Richard Darren Emery, 46, as the suspect in the fatal shooting of four people — two of them children — in St. Charles late Friday.

Emery was taken into custody following an overnight manhunt, police said Saturday morning.

The shooting took place in the first block of Whetstone Drive, a residential area about a mile south of Interstate 70, just west of Muegge Road. A large area around the scene was closed off by police Saturday night.

Police believe Emery lived in the home and was the boyfriend of one of the victims, 39-year-old Kate Kasten. The children are her children and the fourth victim, a 61-year-old woman, is her mother.

Source

full

Picture source

Last edited:
ST. CHARLES • Police received a chilling 911 call late Friday night.
In a subdivision off Muegge Road with well-maintained lawns and two-car garages, there was a man with a gun in a house on the 100 block of Whetstone Drive.
On the line, with gunshots audible in the background, was Jane M. Moeckel, 61, who had barricaded herself in a downstairs room with her two grandchildren, Zoe J. Kasten, 8, and Jonathan D. Kasten, 10.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_2c0a401d-46c3-5ea3-b845-b0755ce4b933.html

Facebook pages for Emery and Kate Kasten show several pictures of the couple together with two young children. Emery’s profile picture is one of a man aiming a gun at a shooting range.

https://www.facebook.com/darren.emery.39?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

What reason did she have to suspect he was a fucktard? I havent read anything about there being a history of abuse or that he had a criminal record.

You think Mr. Right just went straight from sweet and loving to shoot you, your mom and the kids without any provocation? Logic and criminal psychology both agree that generally it's a more steady climb....yelling, threats, some slaps, maybe a bit of tossing around, regular abuse to more violent shit. As a mom it's your JOB to know. Kids are dead. FAIL.

You think Mr. Right just went straight from sweet and loving to shoot you, your mom and the kids without any provocation? Logic and criminal psychology both agree that generally it's a more steady climb....yelling, threats, some slaps, maybe a bit of tossing around, regular abuse to more violent shit. As a mom it's your JOB to know. Kids are dead. FAIL.

Could be as simple as he didnt take the breakup well. We dont know yet.

@TheAngryLittleMexican Your judgment might be a wee bit unrealistic...
Nonetheless, it's mine ;) I bet your opinion would change if those were your kids someone failed to protect.
Post automatically merged:

Could be as simple as he didnt take the breakup well. We dont know yet.[/QUOTE

I look at it like this - I have (as I'm sure you have) read countless stories like this. I see women harming former lovers much less often than I see this from men, as a woman with children THAT IT IS MY PRIORITY to protect, shacking up with some man wouldn't be a priority. Too often we are seeing women making their sex life, their need for a male go above and beyond their need (their JOB) to protect the very children they brought into this world. A man who could murder children wasn't calm and loving 100% of the time. She wants to be abused, cool. To bring a man who could 'not take a breakup well' that he gets murderous??? Clearly someone has anger issues and you cannot tell me she didn't have a tiny inkling something was not okay with this man. Sorry I'm not as forgiving or willing to make excuses for a 'mother' putting her dick needs before her childrens safety.

What reason did she have to suspect he was a fucktard? I havent read anything about there being a history of abuse or that he had a criminal record.
ALSO, his prior divorces could indicate fucktardness. I'm not saying divorce = fucktard BUT if 2 other women threw his fishy ass back in the sea, maybe you should ask why?
Also, her own father was quoted as saying
"Moeckel, who lives 15 minutes away, would see his grandkids "all the time," and often spent time with Emery at their house. Emery was friendly, but at times insecure, he said, recalling a visit a couple days before Christmas when he and other family members went over for dinner.
"He was deep-frying a turkey, and he loved people to tell him how great he was doing. He needed people to tell him that you're a good guy," Moeckel said."

Her husband has died roughly 6 months before she met this murderous fucktard after a battle with cancer - she'd only known him (according to her father) a "year, year and a half" and he was already shacked up.
I'm sorry, but as women (or any primary caregiving parent) there is a higher standard to relationships when innocent children are involved. 6 months isn't a lot of time to grieve and heal before you shack up with the first insecure, twice divorced asshat. Her kids JUST lost their father! But hey, mama needs some dick,

Fucking idiot couldn't just kill himself. Seriously, just do humanity a favor this one time.
Yea, he's a winner. After being arrested he asked if the officers he shot at and the woman he stabbed (after the murders in an attempted carjacking) was okay - NEVER ONCE asked about the woman, her mother or the 2 kids he murdered made it. #priorities

Last edited:
A man accused of killing his girlfriend, her two children, and the children's grandmother will face the death penalty in the upcoming trial, the St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney said Monday.

Prosecutor Timothy Lohmar said a grand jury indicted Richard Darren Emery on 15 counts for the December 2018 killings. Lohmar filed a list of "aggravating factors" for the death penalty.

Emery is accused of shooting and killing 39-year-old Kate Kasten, 8-year-old Zoe and 10-year-old Jonathan Kasten, and 61-year-old Jane Moeckel, Kate's mother. Emery lived in the home at the time of the killings.

The murders took place on the night of December 29, 2018, at Kasten's home. Prosecutors said Emery shot the mother first and then the children and their grandmother, who had barricaded themselves in a downstairs room.

Police found the victims inside the home. Three of them were dead at the scene. One of the victims was taken to a hospital where she later died.

Lohmar said the trial might not start for another year. In the meantime, Emery remains in custody at St. Charles County Jail without bond.

November 3, 2022

A judge decided on Thursday a St. Charles man will be sentenced to death for murdering four people in 2018.

Last month, Richard Emery was found guilty of first-degree murder and 11 other charges for killing his girlfriend, her two children, and her mother.

A jury found Emery guilty of first-degree murder last month after less than two hours of deliberation. That same jury recommended the death penalty for Emery.

Back in December of 2018, officers found two children, 8-year-old Zoe Kasten and 10-year-old Jonathan Kasten dead. Their grandmother 61-year-old Jane Moeckel was also found dead inside the home.

The children's mother, Kate Kasten, was shot several times inside the house on Whetstone Drive.

Following the shootings, Emery stabbed a woman during a carjacking and exchanged gunfire with St. Charles police.

During the trial, Emery and his defense team argued he didn't know why he shot the family but was sorry for doing it. Prosecutors contended he was aware.

On Thursday, Judge Michael Fagras denied a motion for a retrial.

Emery's defense attorneys asked the court to show mercy and said Emery is remorseful.

They said he would serve his time with four life sentences in jail without the possibility of parole.

However, prosecutors said this is a death penalty case.

Back