• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!

:(

The time I had with my grandparents was not enough. So hard to imagine allowing a loved one to suffer this way, although I suppose he must not have loved her much to allow her to get in this state.

She went from fair health in December to dead by mid-February. He wasn't providing her prescribed medications or any sustenance. I know dementia can be a hard illness to see/cope with, but this is not the solution.

Was he waiting on an inheritance, or something? I'm grasping for something, anything, to help explain his rationale.

A Florida man has been charged after his 87-year-old grandmother died and authorities said her bed was filled with live maggots.
Brevard County Sheriff's deputies say Allen Arias brought an unresponsive Anita Arias to the hospital last month. The woman was covered in bed sores and some were infested with maggots.
A search warrant of the home revealed frozen dinners and dirty diapers stacked up and blood and feces stains on the bed and walls. Authorities said they also found full prescription bottles for Anita Arias who suffered from dementia. Authorities said she was in fair health when Allen Arias brought her home from a rehabilitation center in December.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/f...andma-found-in-maggot-infested-bed/1803776616

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad passed of Alzheimer's and dementia at 82. This story really kicks me in my gut, I cared for my dad, up until he got violent with me. I was also caring for my toddler child at that time as well, overwhelming was an understatement. My mother was no help with him, she is a narcissist, enough said. All my grandparents died when I was younger. I would love to be able to have them around. I hope maggots eat him from the inside out, disgusting piece of human flesh.

Latest posts

Back