• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Twin boys were found early Wednesday morning alone near some railroad tracks in Worcester, police said.

According to Worcester police, the boys are approximately 9 months old. They were found near the tracks in the Kansas Street area around 12:15 a.m. by two railroad employees who called 911.

Paramedics took the children to an area hospital to be evaluated. Police said the boys appeared to be unharmed.

Carl Wooden, who said he knows the boys' mother, told WCVB he was with the family Tuesday night watching fireworks. He said they separated about an hour before the children were found.

"I'm in shock still. I'm, like, walking around in circles just totally in awe," Wooden said.

"I just left the police station for questioning and stuff like that," he added. "It's traumatizing, to me, that something like this could even happen."

Police said the Department of Children and Families are also involved in the investigation. The DCF has identified the children and took them into custody.

"I just think it's sad to have babies just left alone," said neighbor Georgeanna Broadard. "She could have asked anybody around here, (gone to) anybody's house, (and) I'm sure they would have helped her."

Paramedics took the children to an area hospital to be evaluated. Police said the boys appeared to be unharmed.

Mom located safe and alive is the damn question?!

Nov 12, 2019
A 35-year-old mother accused of placing her infant twins in a stroller beside a railroad track and walking away is facing endangerment charges in Central District Court.

Cynthia T. McCarthy went before a judge Friday on two counts of reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of abandoning a child under age 10.

According to court records, railroad workers found the two boys under age 1 just before midnight July 2. The babies, the report said, were in a stroller placed 2 feet from the train track. The workers were quoted as saying the stroller would have been hit if a train had been traveling on that side of the track.

The report said the children were left alone in a stroller next to the track without food or water from about 10:15 p.m. until they were found about 11:30 p.m.

At the arraignment, Judge James G. Haddad allowed for McCarthy’s release on $10,000 cash bail and ordered her to stay away from and have no contact with the “subjects of the offenses.” She was also ordered to abide by state Department of Children and Families plans and to remain drug- and alcohol-free with random testing.

Last edited:
Back