• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Idaho police search for 5-year-old missing for a weekAuthorities described Michael Joseph Vaughan as "missing and endangered."Idaho State Police

Michael is described by authorities as being 3 feet, 7 inches tall, about 50 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a light blue shirt with a Minecraft graphic, dark blue boxer briefs and size 11 blue flip flops. He also answers to the nickname "Monkey," police said.

Attachments

• B85A59DD-D1A8-470D-BF80-2C3D0F65FABB.jpeg
    B85A59DD-D1A8-470D-BF80-2C3D0F65FABB.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 4,912
  • A4CD584B-A06F-434E-9D5E-967652687068.jpeg
    A4CD584B-A06F-434E-9D5E-967652687068.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 115
Screenshot_20210804-204645.png

Cops also announced they wouldn’t be organizing another search involving the public barring new facts in the investigation. Police had previously asked residents to take part in the search for the missing boy last seen wearing a light blue Minecraft T-shirt, dark blue boxer briefs and blue flip flops.
They're looking for a body and don't want a compromised crime scene..

this is only a short drive from me in boise and so many of us have said from the start where the whole thing would likely end up...

does anyone remember the Robert Manwill case out of boise?! ever since this story hit last week, I've been thinking about Robert's story. it's a lot to go into and I'm too tired to do it right now, but definitely look it up if you've got a min.

thanks Al! man that little boy went through hell at the hands of his step dad :/ I remember when they were organizing the search parties and my oldest (19 now but only about 8 at the time) said she wanted to help look for him, so walked the neighborhood a few times and of course came up empty. a couple of days later, they released a statement that they were no longer looking for him and would update us soon. although I didn't know the details just yet, I knew exactly what that meant and I remember what that felt like to try and explain it to my kid...
people in boise still talk about Robert quite often and there's even a little memorial by the canal where his body was found. damn I just hope this little boy in Fruitland hasn't met the same end...

This little boy is the nephew of one of my former coworkers. I was actually surprised that his story wasn’t posted on here yet. I won’t screenshot the Facebook posts. But they are doing multiple fundraisers to fund the searches for this little boy.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
To begin, we are just beyond the one week mark in our search for our missing and endangered 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan,” city Police Chief J.D. Huff said in a statement on Wednesday describing efforts to find the child. “I have to tell you that I spent my entire childhood in the neighborhood where Michael went missing. My children are growing up here. My law enforcement partners are mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, or friends of children just like Michael. We are all in and we are committed to finding Michael.”

Michael was last seen near his

Last edited:
Department has received a $10,000 donation from an anonymous local resident to serve as a reward for the safe return of 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan.

“Bringing Michael home continues to be our hope and our priority,” said Chief JD Huff of the Fruitland Police Department. “This reward fund may motivate someone to call in the lead we’ve been looking for to bring Michael home safely and we’re grateful for the opportunity to do that.”

In addition to the harvested fields, including corn fields that police said many community members were concerned about, investigators will search the irrigation drainages within the next two weeks as it gets closer to the date when the irrigation water will be shut down for the season.

City of Fruitland Police

September 17th

UPDATE: Reward Fund for the Safe Return of Michael Joseph Vaughan GROWS
The reward for the safe return of 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughan now sits at $26,000.00.

Here at the Fruitland Police Department, we’ve been asked countless times by concerned members of the community about how they can help support the family of Michael Joseph Vaughan. Our best answer has been to support the search for the missing 5-year-old, be it in prayer or positive action. We have witnessed this and we’ve reported to you as often as we can on how this community has done just that.

Today, we have another extraordinary announcement that we hope will help bring Michael home.

The reward fund for the safe return of Michael has more than doubled. Michael’s family recently received an extremely generous donation to assist them in this very difficult time. The family immediately forwarded that donation plus another significant amount to the city’s reward fund. The donation more than doubles the reward for Michael’s safe return. That fund now sits at $26,000.00.

Officers with the Fruitland Police Department and investigators from the FBI and the Idaho State Police are continuing to follow up on more than 415 tips received since Michael disappeared July 27th. In that time, the search has taken on several phases. But please know, what has not changed is our commitment and our hope to bring this little boy back to our community and to those who love him.
1632832958219.png

As the search for a missing 5-year-old boy in Idaho reached its 72nd day on Friday, investigators are seeking unidentified individuals who were seen on neighborhood surveillance videos.

Investigators were "encouraged" that those spotted on the videos could help authorities safely bring home Michael Joseph Vaughan, who vanished near his home in the small community of Fruitland on the evening of July 27, Fruitland Police said in an update.

They think he was abducted

Over a year and still MIA
It’s been almost a year since 5-year-old Michael Vaughan — or “Monkey,” as his family called him — disappeared from his home in Fruitland, kicking off a search involving local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.

At a press conference on Friday, Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff said police are still working “tirelessly” to find out what happened to the missing boy.

“We haven’t stopped,” Huff said. “Every day we have unfinished business, and I’ll tell you that every day is an anniversary of the disappearance of Michael Vaughn for us.”

Huff said they now believe that Michael disappeared in a smaller window of time than originally thought, around 6:40 p.m. to 7 p.m. 6:40 p.m. was when Tyler Vaughan, Michael's father, said he was in a back bedroom tending to his daughter and ordering pizza on the phone. It is unclear why police believe he disappeared within a shorter time frame.

Additionally, there have been many persons of interest in the case, but no suspects.

Last edited:
"Our investigation determined Sarah Wondra may have had knowledge of Michael's death and failed to report it," Huff said. "We do not believe she is the only person that has knowledge of this and we will be seeking out those people who could possibly be connected."

Huff previously said a credible lead brought them to the home on Redwing Street in Fruitland, four minutes from Michael's home. The "credible lead" Huff said, came from another occupant inside the house.

She made TikToks in front of his missing flyer

In multiple TikTok videos, she speaks to her camera while standing in front of a missing person flyer for Michael – including one in which she mentions having spent time in prison.

i also thought maybe hit by car but them thought no.. who would be stupid enough to actually stop, get out of car, pick up who ever you hit, put him/her in you car and drive home with it?? if hit something and you panic you might just to drive away ... but yea stop call 911 cuz and accident is just that an accident and yea kids don't think and might dart into the street and too late to stop to avoid hitting them.....

Since Wondra's arrest, Fruitland Police and ISP investigators have been excavating the backyard of the home where Wondra lives. They have not yet shared any details on what they've found, but Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff said they felt strongly the remains of Michael Vaughan would be found on the property.

Fruitland woman Sarah Wondra arraigned for failing to report death of Michael Vaughan

Her husband spilled his guts from jail and that lead to her!

Officials said Sarah Wondra maintained that she “definitely did not kill that boy” and said “the most high God already told me who did it.” She reportedly told police, “Oh wow, wow, the most high God just told me that Stacey was the one who killed him and buried him in the yard of” the neighbor’s house.

Sarah Wondra was arrested and told police, “God just told me that Stacey was the one who did it,” adding that she knew the body was in the neighbor’s yard because “that’s what Stacey just told me.” She then corrected herself and said that’s what God told her, according to the affidavit.

She allegedly reiterated to police that she “had nothing to do with” Michael’s disappearance. She said her husband buried Michael in the backyard by the shed but wasn’t the one who actually harmed the boy. She said instead that a man identified only as Adrian “had been the one that had done it, and he was scared to tell anybody.”

About 100 people held candles and stood in solidarity at Fruitland Community Park. Michael went missing from his Fruitland neighborhood in July 2021.

Police Chief J.D. Huff told KTVB on Wednesday crews finished digging up the backyard of a house where they believe Michael’s remains were buried. That house is just four minutes away from the Vaughan’s home.

love.

“The love and the support and the kindness that everyone has continuously shown Michael and our entire family this entire time – to come out in the freezing cold and show how strong we are as a community, it’s amazing," Neal said.

Crews completed the excavation process -- four feet deep -- and removed over 250 yards of dirt.

Prior to filling the yard back in, crews sifted the dirt for any potential human remains.

They did not find Michael’s remains.

Investigators strongly believe that, based on the evidence, Michael was abducted and is dead, and that his remains were buried and later moved from the property.

Police will be searching a neighboring home on Friday.

Back