• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Crazy Cat Lady

Dazed and confused
Bold Member!
Brent James Keranen, 21, was jamming and air guitaring when he mowed down Justin McNeil, 61, who was walking home from the Dollar General on the shoulder of Minnesota Highway 73 in Carlton County. Keranen must have been totally jamming, because he claims that he never saw McNeil. Amazingly, his vehicle's airbags "suddenly deployed," which was probably his first clue that he hit someone.

What's even worse is that a few hours before he hit McNeil, Keranen fell asleep behind the wheel and struck a state trooper's car. At that point, he told police that "he was tested" and had a BAC of .066. He admitted that he was tired from working a lot and staying up very late the night before partying with friends. I really hope that the police tested his BAC themselves, because they let him drive away with a citation. When he hit McNeil, his BAC was .06. He also admitted that he set his cruise control to 52mph, and the posted speed limit was 40mph.

So much WTF here. Keranen has a court date of April 1st and faces a maximum of ten years in prison. IF he gets prison time, he can get all the sleep he needs.

Keranen.jpg

I hate how they don't ask the important questions like, who were you jamming to? What song, in particular. Because right now, and maybe because he said he was listening to the radio, my brain is screaming Journey: Don't Stop Believin'.

And you can bet that shit is gonna be in my head for the rest of the damn night.

Back