• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1630360125133.png

Conservatives and veterans attacked President Biden for appearing to look at his watch during a ceremony for the 13 U.S. service members killed in an ISIS-K suicide bombing near the Kabul airport in Afghanistan last week.

Biden met with the families of the troops killed in the attack, and he also attended the "dignified transfer" of the fallen troops, a military ritual of receiving the remains of those killed in foreign combat, while at Dover Air Force Base on Sunday.

During the event, Biden appeared to look down at his watch, sparking criticism from conservatives.

"It's true. Joe Biden checked his watch during the dignified transfer of the servicemembers killing in Afghanistan at the airport. You can see him jerk his left hand to pull the watch out from under his sleeve, then look down at it," Nicholas Fondacaro, a news analyst for the Media Research Center, tweeted with a video.

"Looks like he was being inconvenienced by having to show some respect for these American Heros [sic]," Samuel Williams, an Army veteran who fought in Operation Desert Storm, wrote on Twitter.

"There is nothing more important than paying your respects to America's fallen war heroes, Mr. President," Nile Gardner, a former aide to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and director of The Heritage Foundation's Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, wrote on Twitter.

Former White House doctor Ronny Jackson said he was "disgusted" by Biden's appearing to look at his watch.

"Apparently our Commander-in-Chief has better things to do than honor the 13 service members who died on his watch? I’m DISGUSTED! God bless these heroes and their loved ones. They deserved better," Jackson tweeted.

The sister of one of the 11 Marines killed in the Kabul suicide bombing told President Joe Biden to 'burn in hell' as she left the dignified transfer of remains ceremony on Sunday, according to a Tuesday report.

Some parents and families further detailed their observations and interactions with Biden during the dignified transfer of service members's remains arriving back on U.S. soil from Afghanistan.

Mark Schmitz, the father of Lance Corporal Jared Schmitz, told The Washington Post that he showed a picture of his son to Biden and told the president: 'Don't you ever forget that name. Don't you ever forget that face. Don't you ever forget the names of the other 12. And take some time to learn their stories.'

He recalled that Biden didn't seem to like those comments.

'I do know their stories,' Schmitz detailed that the president shot back.

Schmitz said that a sister of a fallen troop yelled at the president after receiving the remains on Sunday: 'I hope you burn in hell! That was my brother!'

'I can't fault her for it,' Schmitz told the Post without identifying the relative who screamed at the president. 'We all lost somebody.'

The families gathered in Dover, Delaware on Sunday where the remains of the 13 troops who died in a suicide bombing near the Kabul airport on Thursday arrived. Biden was at the base for the dignified transfer of the fallen.

Marine Lance Corporal Rylee McCollum's family was also at Dover Air Force Base on Sunday as his remains returned to the U.S. – and they were given a chance to meet with the president.

Only McCollum's widow, Jiennah, accepted the meeting.

The family told the Post that Jiennah was left disappointed by her talk with Biden.

One of McCollum's sisters, Roice, said her brother's widow thought Biden sounded scripted in their few-minute conversation.

Roice said that during the meeting with Jiennah, Biden showed a 'total disregard to the loss of our Marine — our brother, son, husband and father.'

'He cannot possibly understand,' Roice said. 'My dad and I did not want to speak to him.'

'You cannot kneel on our flag and pretend you care about our troops,' she said. 'You can't f**k up as bad as he did and say you're sorry. This did not need to happen, and every life is on his hands. The thousands of Afghans who will suffer and be tortured is a direct result of his incompetence.'

During an interview with Fox News on Tuesday morning, Rylee's other sister Cheyenne detailed that she stayed with Jiennah at the start of her conversation with Biden, but walked away when she felt he was being 'fake.'

'Roice and my dad chose to leave the room. I chose to stay with my brother's wife,' Cheyenne said. 'She wanted the chance to look him in the eye and see if it was going to be a sincere conversation or apology.

'I was able to stand about 15 seconds of his fake, scripted apology and I had to walk away,' she continued.

She detailed that Biden 'would not look us in the eye' and felt 'there was not an ounce of sympathy' coming from him.

'He tapped her on the knee and said, 'I know what you're going through, I lost my son,' Cheyenne detailed, tapping her sister on the shoulder.

Jim McCollum, Rylee's father, told Fox & Friends: 'It was more about his son. My son wasn't mentioned.'

'It was his son and about him and nothing to do with the 13,' he said.
1630445792173.png

Continue reading link

I honestly cannot answer in my mind what's worse.. when my husband did all his tours in Saudi & Afghanistan.. would have it been easier to remember a husband who was sweet, loving and kind to our children and carry him as a hero in our hearts.. or the reality they sent home a shell of a person who had no direction.. that raged at everything .. learned the art of being sadistic so you could feel pain because of his pain and a man who walked away from marriage and his kids lives because the only emotion left is anger and here we are a significant amount of time later and not much has changed .. you cannot seek help when you're active and Tricare and the VA are the biggest jokes ever .. die a war hero or send me a person with no soul .. I would have taken a war hero..

As much as I hate my ex for all the abuse, stalking, fear of him today and walking out on our children and stealing from them.. they took a child from an abusive background .. taught him to kill and feel justified about it .. made him an elite soldier .. dropped him in hell and continuously told him he was saving Americans .. watched death daily .. walked him daily through chemicals and radiation .. keep him almost 2 years .. send him home to a family he had very little contact .. kids who know him by pictures .. to be 'normal' and do it all over six months later .. I understand his pain .. his rage .. his emptiness .. his soullessness .. I cannot forgive his actions and have really no real excuses that are justifiable .. but I understand .. that's what 26 years of active service gets you..

Back