• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

"The girl’s aunt and her partner, who had been her caretakers for the past two years, confined the child to a small area of the house and deprived her of food and water “for an extended period of time,” Brookings County State’s Attorney Dan Nelson told reporters in a news conference Friday.

Police said they found human and animal feces throughout the home and within the area where the girl was confined — a scene Nelson described as “disturbing.”

A grand jury on Friday determined that Renae Fayant, 25, and Robert Price Jr., 27, “knowingly caused the child to become malnourished” while their “lack of care directly caused the death of the child,” the prosecutor said.

They were indicted on charges of second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter and abuse or cruelty to a minor under 7 years old."

Link!

dd1k-jpg.21341

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

DaisyStPatience

How could they?

So horrible. I couldn't imagine not feeding a goldfish. How could they treat a baby this way. What about other relatives? Wasn't there anyone loving on this baby? In cases like this, why can't they just let the baby get adopted.
So many empty arms just waiting.
There aren't as many open arms as you'd hope. Plus, dfs usually prefers the kid go to a relative vs foster care. I was that kid growing up. No one wants a broken kid.

Keepalowprofile

Water is for people that don't have coffee.
Bold Member!
There aren't as many open arms as you'd hope. Plus, dfs usually prefers the kid go to a relative vs foster care. I was that kid growing up. No one wants a broken kid.
I'm sorry there wasn't open arms waiting for you.

Sad truth, there is for babies. Not so much for older kids. I know a lot about foster care, and adoption have been a foster mom and also adopting my niece. And yes, social services does try for family first. In this case, the baby was placed with them when she was just a year old. A 1 year old is very adoptable.

Vexxed

Starving to death seems to be a fitting punishment for these two pricks. Sadly that will not be on the table so we have to improvise. Feed them nothing but rice and water
Just water. That way they can pee out their intestines.

Staff online