• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A baby is expected to recover after being left in a hot car Thursday outside the Department of Social Services in Cabarrus County, police said.

Officers responded to reports of a child in a hot car around 10:45 a.m. at the Cabarrus County Human Services Center in Kannapolis.

Police said a witness saw the 12-month-old girl crying in the back seat of a car in the parking lot and told a county employee inside the building. A Cabarrus County deputy, who was working security there, was also notified. They went outside and were about to break the car’s window. Then, the girl's mother showed up, police said.

The child was taken to Atrium Health Cabarrus, where police said she was treated for heat exhaustion. She's expected to make a full recovery.

Her mother, 29-year-old Jennifer Pohl, has been charged with misdemeanor child abuse.

Police said Pohl had gone to the center with her father-in-law to help him in seeking assistance.

Courtney Shoe happened to be driving by when this all happened.

"My heart literally stopped,” Shoe said. “I'm like, ‘I can't believe we are witnessing this firsthand.’"

Shoe said she won’t forget the face of the deputy working to wedge an object into the window to rescue the child.

he said police ran the license plate to get the mother's name.

"She was just saying, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I'm so sorry,’” Shoe said.

Shoe said the mother ran out and unlocked the door, and she heard the baby screaming.

"The sound of the cry was absolutely horrible. You can hear the distress in the baby's voice,” she said.
1568339118333.png

Latest posts

Back