• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thehesbomb

Trusted Member
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Fred Neal remembers being inside his house and hearing the Mallos scream at their kids outside.

"They were always outside. They would get pretty wild," he said. "You could hear them calling the kids names. 'Little bastard.' 'Little bitch.' "

On Thursday, Carolyn Mallo, 55, Alexander Doran (who police say also uses the last name Mallo), 67, and Trina Mallo, 27, were arrested on child endangerment charges because of the conditions found in their home at 1319 Frame St., said Sgt. Steve Cooper, chief of detectives for the Charleston Police Department.

Police say the three are adult relatives of the 14-year-old boy accused of killing an 82-year-old woman in her West Side home over the weekend.

During his arraignment, Doran told Kanawha County Magistrate Paris Workman that he had one dependent: 14-year-old Thomas Mallo.

The house where the Mallo family lived was condemned on Thursday. The windows to the home are boarded up, but trash and toys are still strewn about the yard. Flowers are neatly planted along the fence, feet from where a truck motor sits on the lawn.

"He [the 14-year-old accused in the slaying] dug up the ground for my vegetable garden," said a woman who lived a few houses down. She declined to give her name. "He seemed like a nice little kid but the family in general were the scariest people I've seen in my life."

'Hell, West Virginia'

A lot of people in the neighborhood know Farris Mallo, one Carolyn Mallo and Doran's three sons, Neal said.

"He's fixed a bunch of the neighbors' cars," he said.

One of the Mallos ran into Neal's fence once with a car. It took awhile, but eventually they came and fixed it, he said.

"They were always pretty cool with me," he said.

Neal said about a year ago, Child Protective Services came and took the two young children - a 6-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy - out of the house. They were allowed to come back after the house was cleaned up, he said. Others from the neighborhood told the same story.

Alexandrio Michael Mallo - another of the three sons - sexually abused the 7-year-old, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court. He was charged earlier this month with first-degree sexual abuse. He struck the boy's privates with a ruler, among other things, according to the complaint.

Alexandrio, 23, is the boy's uncle, Cooper said.

Trina Mallo, mother of the two youngest children, has a MySpace Web page with a picture of the grim reaper in the background. Her profile states that she attended the West Virginia Junior College's medial assistant program in 2006 and 2007. Her religion is listed as Wiccan. Her location is listed as "Hell, West Virginia."

A condemned home

Another neighbor sat on her porch with her children on Thursday. She said her family used to take the 14-year-old now accused of murder with them to softball games and gave him clothes. The family had lived in the house for at least four years, she said.

"He was over here all the time," she said. "He was always a good kid. We're all distraught over it."

But the woman also remembers Sunday, when they found another of her neighbors, Phyllis Jean Phares, dead in her house on Frame Street across from the Mallo home. Police believe she was killed sometime late Saturday or early Sunday. The woman remembers how the 14-year-old was acting.

"He was so distant, so different," she said. "He seemed like he either saw what happened or knew something about it."

Phares' daughter found her on Sunday afternoon. Police searched the Mallo home as part of the homicide investigation, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Police found Trina Mallo's two children, the 6-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy, living in the Frame Street house, with their mother and grandparents, Carolyn Mallo and Doran. Thomas Mallo is believed to be the brother of Trina Mallo and the uncle of the children.

"The conditions inside the residence were of such a dilapidated nature that one could not even walk through the house easily without coming into contact with some type of trash, old food, roaches, fecal matter, broken glass, other types of sharp, cutting instruments or other unknown and unsanitary substance," Detective A.T. Kuhner wrote in the criminal complaint.

The house has been condemned, Cooper said.

Carolyn Mallo, Doran and Trina Mallo were arraigned Thursday afternoon on the child endangerment charges.

Workman set bond for each of the defendants at $25,000 cash only.

Trina Mallo's MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/isis1234

FRAMEST1_G0906182q9mm2.jpg

Alexandrio Michael Mallo - charged with 1st degree sexual abuse for sexually assaulting 2 of the children:

AMallo_I090618211519.jpg

The condemned house:

FRAMEST2_G0906182q9mmx.jpg

If the front of the house looks like that... I can only imagine what the interior looked like... *sigh*

Prison would be an upgrade to living in that dump. Two wishing wells, I wonder if anyone who lived there ever made a wish and what that wish would have. It is not the type of place that would inspire wishes or hopes or dreams. At one time though someone cared enough to put some effort into that yard. Could that be gasoline in that jug on the porch? Those wind chimes are such a nice touch. I'd love to see the inside of this place just to satisfy my own curiosity. The outside screams of such despair and decay so the inside must be a portal to hell. A black hole of nothingness.

Bad things fester and grow inside of places such as this. Proven by the fourteen year old boy who is accused of murder.

That does not look like a picture of a 14yo boy.

It's a picture of the uncle who was also arrested in this whole mess for sexually abusing a 7-year old sibling of the 14-year old. There was no picture of the 14-year old in the article.

If the front of the house looks like that... I can only imagine what the interior looked like... *sigh*

I don't know. My yard looked worse than that after the "Hound From Hell" finished scattering my trash over it. Matter of fact, much worse.

Just wondering if he made a trip up there. Nah... he would have been ashamed that this isn't as bad as what he did to me.

Rune,

Alexandrio, 23, is the boy's uncle, Cooper said. That is the picture of another one. He is alleged to have sexually abused a 7 yr. old child in the "family".

Last edited:
Another relative of 14-year-old homicide suspect arrested
Teen's older brother charged with rape of ex-wife
[...]
Farris Mallo, 29, is accused of sexually assaulting his ex-wife three different times. He is charged with three counts of first-degree sexual assault and three counts of burglary for allegedly breaking into her house to commit the assaults.

He is the son of Carolyn Mallo and Alexander Doran and lived in the home that police condemned on Thursday.
[...]

According to the criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court as evidence in issuing a warrant, Farris Mallo twice went into the woman's home and raped her.

Cooper said he believes the two have a child, who also lives in the house.

The first attack was about two months ago, the complaint states. Farris Mallo allegedly used a lock pick to get inside, then hid behind a curtain as his ex-wife took a shower.

"Next thing she knew, Farris was standing by her bed, then on top of her," according to the complaint. "The victim told him to leave but he said that he 'Was not worried about it.' ... He said he had a right because 'You're still my woman.'"

Then he held her arms down and raped her, according to the complaint. Afterwards, he told her if she told anyone, he would deny it.

The second alleged incident was about one month ago. The complaint said he again broke into the house, this time with a tool he made from a fish stringer. The victim's sister, who also lives there, confronted him and made him leave. About 30 minutes later, he came back, according to the complaint.

The victim told Farris Mallo to get out, that he was not allowed at the house. He told her he didn't care, "that he came here for one thing and he was going to get it," according to the complaint.

He grabbed her arm, then her hair and showed her three knives. When she tripped over the bed, he raped her, the complaint states.

On Saturday, police say, Farris Mallo again broke into the woman's home and began to sexually assault her. When he heard someone else enter the house, he panicked and left. As he left, he told her, "I will be back to finish it," according to the complaint. Later that day he saw the woman on the street and grabbed and bruised her arm, the complaint states. He told her again he would finish what he started.
[...]

Cooper again said that more charges against members of the Mallo family might be coming.

He said police are still investigating the entire situation, including the possibility of more sex-related charges.
[...]

Cooper also said police haven't ruled out the possibility of charging more people in connection with the slaying.

"No one specifically, but we haven't ruled out the possibility that other individuals could have involvement," he said.
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/policeblotter/200906190348

Holly shit, what a bunch of whackos.

Why, oh why, was there even a second and third time? :dong:

I would have so moved from a house/flat that I didn't feel safe in any more, and you cannot tell me she wasn't scared every waking moment.

I used to live on that street. These ppl are disgusting looking. wonder if they have running water bc on the news video i saw on tv they looked like i hadnt bathed in a few months

The daughter of a couple from Charleston charged with child neglect accepted a plea deal Monday morning in Kanawha County.

Trina Mallo pleaded guilty to one count of child neglect, and in return, the second count was dropped. She'll serve between 1 and 5 years in prison, including the time she's already served.

The trial for her parents, Carolyn and Alexander Mallo, was delayed until March 29, 2010.

On Monday, the judge ordered a mental evaluation for Alexander after his attorney said he was talking with dead people last week. The attorney said he was talking to his grandfather and a childhood friend.
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/78969527.html

292wtcm.jpg
tahnvt.jpg
While the Mallo matriarch may be a free woman in a few weeks, her husband, Alexander Doran, must wait until June to learn his fate.
[...]

They each pleaded guilty to a charge of child neglect resulting in the injury of their young grandson, who was sexually abused at the hands of one of their sons - Alexandrio "Mikey" Mallo, 23.

Mikey Mallo was sentenced and freed last year and has been living with family members.

Assistant prosecutor Maryclaire Akers said both Carolyn and Alexander knew the boy was being sexually abused and did nothing to protect him.

Mikey Mallo pleaded guilty in November to two misdemeanor sexual abuse charges and was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Because of the time he already had served at South Central Regional Jail, he was released within weeks of his sentencing.

According to the criminal complaint filed against him in Kanawha Magistrate Court, Mikey Mallo touched the boy's genitals while he slept and struck the boy's genitals with a ruler. The boy and his younger sister lived in the Frame Street home with their mother, uncles and grandparents.
[...]

Another son, Farris Mallo, 30, pleaded guilty to multiple charges ranging from burglary to sexual assault, and will serve between 12 and 40 years in prison.

As part of her plea agreement with the county prosecutor's office, Carolyn Mallo was sentenced to serve 10 months in a regional jail. With the 287 days already served, she would be eligible for release around April 13, according to her lawyer, Matthew Victor.

"I would hope that she can rebuild her life in perhaps different surroundings and that our society with its unlimited resources can help her on her transition to normalcy," Victor said.

Alexander Doran's sentencing hearing was scheduled for June 24.

Carolyn, Farris and Trina Mallo, along with Doran, still are being held at South Central Regional Jail.
http://www.dailymail.com/News/201003290878

Really? What was the point in all this? Certainly not to punish the bad guys!! I hope the child or children can be kept as far as possible from this worthless family. But knowing what we do at The DD, they'll problaly be back in the "loving" arms of their family before too long!! Just unbelievably sad!!

tp://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/48621332.html
UPDATE: Judge Denies Mallo's Request for Reduced Sentence in Murder Case

wsaz_wn_ThomasMalloSentenced.jpg

UPDATE 12/14/12 @ 5 p.m.
KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- For three-and-a-half years, an elderly woman's family has tried to cope with her brutal murder.

The 14-year-old boy who killed her is now 18, and so the countdown begins in his 40-year sentence.

Thomas Mallo was hoping to get out from behind bars sooner than that, but a judge on Friday denied his request for a reduced sentence.

In a vicious 2009 murder, Mallo admitted to stabbing Phyllis Phares, 82, dozens of times, slashing her throat and running away.

“I just want Ms. Phares' family to know that I’m really sorry for what I’ve done,” Mallo said.

Phares' daughter, Karen Morris, says she doesn’t buy his apology.

“I don't see any remorse in his apology,” Morris said.

Morris has worked tirelessly to make sure Mallo serves his full 40 years.

If they remake the Hills Have Eyes This family could fill the roles.

5yrwb4.jpg

Alexander Doran, Carolyn Mallo, and Trina Mallo
rt3oti.jpg

Farris Mallo and Alexandrio Mallo

Back