• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
dondwg.jpg

Sonya Ann Gardner​
A Dallas woman who tried to drown her two young daughters after the girls pleaded for snacks was stopped by her 18-year-old son, who grabbed his drenched sisters and carried them from the apartment
[...]
Sonya Ann Gardner, 35, is jailed on a $1 million bond on two counts of attempted capital murder of a child, according to police record
[....]
Neighbors told officers that her son, Jydesmon Gardner, was walking by the apartment in the 3300 block of Southern Oaks
[..]
when he heard screams.
[...]
Gardner forced his way into the apartment, where he found his mother trying to drown his two sisters in a bathtub.
[...]
witnesses told them the son fired a warning gunshot, grabbed his dripping 4-year-old sister and carried her from the apartment.

When he went back to get his 6-year-old sister, the front door was locked, so he kicked it in,
[...]
He then grabbed the other girl and ran from the apartment.

Gardner told police that she had smoked marijuana laced with PCP earlier in the evening,
[...]
"We were fixing to die," the 6-year-old told officers
[...]
adding that her mother tried to "drown us in the bath."

Both young children stayed with neighbors until police arrived and were placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Jydesmon Gardner left the scene before officers arrived because of an outstanding parole violation warrant in an unrelated case, police said.

"It appears that his actions may have saved the lives of these two children," police Maj. Rob Sherwin told reporters and appealed for him to turn himself in for questioning as a witness.

Family members
[...]
Sonya Gardner is a great mother raising four kids on her own.

"I think everything that they charged her with is wrong, if anybody knew my cousin they would know that Sonya don't do no type of stuff like this at all," said Gardner's cousin Rayniesha Isaac. "She loves them girls with everything, they don't have to cry or want for anything."

Child Protective Services confirms Gardner has no history with the agency.

The family blames tainted marijuana for Gardner's violent behavior.

"I feel like somebody laced her with some bad stuff and people do things like that because they're just sick in the head,"
[...]
Family members said she had gone to Baylor Medical Center for treatment, but after waiting in the emergency room for several hours left without receiving any medical attention.

"They did take her to the hospital she was not able to be seen because it was packed and I just feel like had she stayed a little longer she would have got the help and none of this would have ever happened," said Gardner's cousin Lolita Isaac.

Court records show Gardner has only one arrest, 14 years ago, for marijuana possession.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Son-Stops-Dallas-Mother-From-Drowning-2-Children-260442851.html

Last edited:
Regardless what the relatives say about her, the 6 year old can talk and knows what happened, the 4 year old maybe not so much, but she still knows her mama tried her best to hurt her. Yeah, big bro could have run away like a pussy cause he was wanted but he stuck around long enough to help his little sissies. I hope they forgive whatever he did so he can testify for his sisters and against his mother so those babies don't have to go back to her.

witnesses told them the son fired a warning gunshot,
Too bad his aim was off.

"I think everything that they charged her with is wrong, if anybody knew my cousin they would know that Sonya don't do no type of stuff like this at all," said Gardner's cousin Rayniesha Isaac. "She loves them girls with everything, they don't have to cry or want for anything."

You can only kill a kid one time. So, she never did it before...were you planning on putting "Killed by a good Mother" on the girls tombstone? We're assuming she willingly smoked the weed, and as a former addict, you know ANYTIME you use that drug, there is a chance you are ingesting all kinds of crazy stuff. Nope, ZERO tolerance for mothers who try to kill their kids!

A Texas mom reportedly attempted to drown her two kids in a bathtub while high on pot and PCP in a heinous murder plot thwarted by the gunfire of her 18-year-old son.
Sonya Gardner, 35, had allegedly just placed her two kids, ages 6 and 4, in the filled tub at her Dallas home when her courageous son heard the children's cries and kicked down the bathroom door after firing a gun in the air,

Still looking for an update to her charges.

"She loves them girls with everything, they don't have to cry or want for anything." Oh, I dunno...they prolly cried and wanted for oxygen whilst being submerged in the tub. And they prolly cried and wanted for a mom who wasn't an attempted murdering piece of shit.

Grinning junkie she-beast is sickening.
Is she mentally impaired beyond the obvious?
Rehome the kids.
Spay her and 20 years.

Not going to praise the son for doing the right thing.
It is the least he should have done.
I hope what other legal troubles he has are minor.
Perhaps this could serve as a means to realign him and remind him he can do good things.

Back