• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The mother of 5-year-old Sophie Larson, who died Dec. 12 from a suspected overdose, was arrested Thursday along with two others in connection to her daughter’s death.

Police arrested Stephanie Alvarado, 26, Bertha Ceballos-Romo, 26, and Daniel Alvarado, 27, Thursday afternoon on charges of child abuse resulting in death, a class 2 felony, possession of methamphetamine, and reckless endangerment, according to a Rifle Police Department statement. Ceballos-Romo is also charged with tampering with evidence.
https://www.postindependent.com/new...jUrvLDhaG0sc2_tMLm8GzLow-kGvfSb906D3aZUHkx7c0
1580433361181.png
“She was just a bright light everywhere she went,” Larson said.
According to the arrest affidavit, Alvarado and her cousins, Alvarado’s cousins, Betha Karina Ceballos-Romo and Daniel Alvarado were using drugs. Larson said a detective told him, the women, “Were mixing their meth or heroin with alcohol in a water bottle then smoking it.” At one point, Larson said a thirsty 5-year old Sophia Larson came out of her room and somehow was able to drink what the adults were consuming before anyone realized it.
But even then Sophia wasn’t taken to the Grand River Health hospital for some four hours after overdosing on Methamphetamine.

Daniel Alvarado and Ceballos-Romo both told Alvarado that they had seen other children high on meth before and that she would be fine.

Her father wasn’t even notified until after doctors had declared Sophia dead, “Thank god they gave me a little bit of time to be with her because I laid with her for about an hour, an hour and a half,” said a visibly distraught Larson.

Larson and Alvarado had been separated for over a year, and he had primary custody.
“I was working on going for full custody of my daughter, because I knew that her mom had problems. I just didn’t know it was to this extent,” Larson said.

The Garfield County Coroner said that Sophia had a “very very high number” of methamphetamine in her blood and her cause of death would be attributable to “methamphetamine intoxication.”

“Sophie apparently bounced off the walls for 4 hours high as can be….and then she collapsed right there in front of all three of them in the living room ” said Larson.

The day before Fox 31 interviewed Alec Larson we happened upon Stephanie Alvarado at her daughter’s grave site. The 26-year old told Investigative Reporter Rob Low she had been coping with Sophia’s death, “Day by day” and leaning on her family members for emotional support. She called her daughter’s death “a tragic story” but declined to clarify if she thought Sophia had died from a drug overdose.

Alvarado acknowledged she had not been in contact with ex-boyfriend Alec Larson because knew he was mad at her, “Yeah, there’s a lot of anger..I’m waiting for him (Alec Larson) to come to me.”

When Investigative Reporter Rob Low asked Alvarado if she was in treatment for substance abuse she replied, “No not yet, not yet. I mean I`m doing fine, I just feel like I`m just waiting to see what`s, you know what`s going to happen with the investigators.”

When asked if she should go to rehab for Sophia’s sake, she responded, “Yes, I think so.”
1580440132244.png

Last edited:
Haha! Rob Low is a G. This is my local news station and he’s always clowning on people and busting people. “Uhmmm don’t you think you should stop doing meth so you don’t murder anymore of your children?!” “Durrr I guess you’re prolly right.” Dumb bitch.

Haha! Rob Low is a G. This is my local news station and he’s always clowning on people and busting people. “Uhmmm don’t you think you should stop doing meth so you don’t murder anymore of your children?!” “Durrr I guess you’re prolly right.” Dumb bitch.

Howdy neighbor!

A mother and her two cousins waited several hours to get help despite knowing that a five-year-old girl drank water tainted with methamphetamine and then began "twitching" and reported seeing monsters and demons, an arrest warrant from the Rifle Police Department (RPD)for the girl's mother says.

Sophia Larson died in December as a result of methamphetamine intoxication, according to the Garfield County coroner.

Stephanie Alvarado was arrested in late January and was initially charged in Garfield County with suspicion of child abuse resulting in death, possession of a controlled substance and reckless endangerment in the death of her daughter Sophia Larson.

Prosecutors say the charges were upgraded Wednesday to the following according to Steve Mallory, chief deputy district attorney for Garfield County:

• 1st-degree murder -- extreme indifference
  • 1st-degree murder -- victim under 12, person in a position of trust
  • Child abuse knowingly or recklessly causing death
  • Possession of controlled substance
  • Tampering with physical evidence
Bertha Karina Ceballos-Romo who is facing charges of:

• Child abuse resulting in death
  • Tampering with evidence
  • Possession of controlled substance – Methamphetamine
  • Reckless endangerment
Daniel Bello Alvarado who is facing charges of:

• Child abuse resulting in death
  • Possession of controlled substance – Methamphetamine
  • Reckless endangerment

The mother of a 5-year-old girl who died from a meth overdose pleaded guilty Thursday morning to murder in the second-degree and criminal trespass involving domestic violence.

Stephanie Alvarado, 27, will face 16 to 48 years for the murder count and up to an additional six years for the domestic violence charge when she is sentenced.

The case against Daniel Alvarado is still pending. Bertha Ceballos-Roma was found to be living in the United States illegally. She was deported to Mexico on Oct. 6, 2020.

The mother of a 5-year-old girl who died from a methamphetamine overdose was sentenced to 32 years in prison Friday morning for charges of murder in the second-degree and criminal trespass involving domestic violence.

Stephanie Alvarado, 27, could have faced up to 51 years in the Colorado Department of Corrections after she entered a guilty plea on Dec. 2, 2020.

Five-year-old Sophia Larson died Dec. 11, 2019 after drinking from a water bottle laced with meth, according to the Garfield County Coroner’s Office.

Prosecutors say Alvarado waited three hours and 54 minutes to take her daughter to the emergency room, even though she saw her 5-year-old hallucinating after drinking from a bottle laced with methamphetamine.

Alvarado’s cousins, Daniel Alvarado and Bertha Ceballos-Roma, were charged with the girl’s death as well.

“Stephanie really did rip families apart — her family, my family,” said Alec Larson, father of Sophia Larson, before adding, “We lost the glue that held us all together and Sophie held the Alvarados and the Larsons together.”

The 24-year-old father told the Problem Solvers it would have been easy for his ex-girlfriend to call 911 or take Sophia to the hospital as soon as the little girl told her mom the water tasted, “Yucky.” Instead, prosecutors say Alvarado and her two cousins continued to use drugs inside Stephanie’s apartment hoping that Sophia would fall asleep and the drugs would wear off.

“Opportunities and chances they had to do the right thing, make the right move and save her. It’s disgusting to me and it haunts me every day,” said Larson.

Larson said his former girlfriend had been a good mother until becoming addicted to drugs about a year before Sophia died. Larson said Stephanie Alvarado’s drug use contributed to their break-up.

“I don’t think I’ll ever have forgiveness for her. Stephanie even said it today: there’s no redemption for what’s been done,” said Larson.
Alvarado told Judge Denise Lynch, “I am filled with guilt. My sorrow is beyond repair.” The judge said there were aggravating circumstances in sentencing Alvarado to 32 years because she continued to use drugs after she knew her daughter had overdosed and because prosecutors said the girl would have likely lived had she received timely medical care.

In addition, prosecutors stated that under Colorado’s Good Samaritan Law, Alvarado would have likely only faced misdemeanor drug possession charges had she called 911 or taken Sophia to the hospital in a timely manner.

Stephanie Alvarado was also sentenced for a Feb. 26 incident at Larson’s Carbondale home. Larson said his ex showed up at his home and appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and assaulted him just hours before she made her first court appearance in the murder case.

“I really do think it was a suicide attempt, hoping either I would be the one to take her life or that she could take her life in front of me,” Larson said.

The criminal case against Daniel Alvarado is still pending. Bertha Ceballos-Roma was found to be living in the United States illegally. She was deported to Mexico on Oct. 6, 2020.

Dad needs to be at every parole hearing to speak for his daughter and make sure she does everyday of her sentence.

“I am filled with guilt. My sorrow is beyond repair.” - If she attempts to appeal her sentence than you know this was a bullshit statement.

Several questions emerged in Garfield County District Court on Thursday over whether Daniel Alvarado felt remorseful in his association with the death of a small child.

“I know sorry isn’t enough,” Alvarado said, addressing the court while in handcuffs. “I beat myself up each and every day for not calling 911 or taking one of the cars and driving (Sophia) to the hospital.”

Alvarado, 28, was originally arrested Dec. 11, 2019, for felony child abuse following the death of 5-year-old Sophia Larson. Judge Denise Lynch sentenced Alvarado on Thursday to 15 years in prison for class 3 felony child abuse causing death.

Back