• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A teenager in Texas was left in the street unconscious with a fractured skull Friday after he was allegedly lured outside and beaten by his "friends."

Cole Hagen, a 16-year-old varsity football player at Brazoswood High School, was at a party roughly an hour south of Houston when he was beaten in what his family alleged was a setup attack.

The teenager was lured outside by other partygoers who told him that his truck had been damaged, said Cory Hagen, the victim's older brother.

Once the younger Hagen was outside, he was allegedly attacked by a group of teenagers who beat him, with one using a "blunt object" to strike the back of his head, Cory Hagen said.

Cole Hagen was beaten unconscious during the alleged assault and "left for dead," according to his older brother.

The elder Hagen only discovered his brother's condition after the attacking group's "ring leader" messaged him, "Go get your boy out of the street," he said.

17-year-old Reid Mitchell was arrested and faces aggravated assault charges for his role in the beating, according to a report.

Cole Hagen was taken to Memorial Hermann Health Center, where he was found to have suffered three skull fractures, according to the report.

As of Monday afternoon, he remains unconscious in the hospital's intensive care unit.

The older Hagen said the attack might have been planned earlier in the week in retaliation to his younger brother's relationship with a girl at his school.

The Hagen family is offering a $20,000 reward for a video of the incident and is asking anyone with information to come forward.

"What I am feeling is ... it's a roller coaster of the most extreme grief you can imagine. To see him hurt and for him to be attacked in this senseless act of brutality — it's unimaginable," Cory Hagen said.
1638854558163.png
1638854776100.webp

A teen has been arrested in connection with the severe beating of one of his classmates at a social gathering in Lake Jackson on Friday.

Reid Mitchell, 17, has been charged with aggravated assault.

On the night of the incident, Lake Jackson Police Department responded to a call around 11:30 p.m. regarding an assault at a home on Cherrywood Court.

They arrived to find 16-year-old Cole Hagen suffering from injuries. He was transported by ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston.

The victim’s older brother, Cory Hagen, said Cole was invited out to the social gathering in the Lake Jackson Farms neighborhood by his peers.

An investigation was launched and Mitchell was determined to be one of the perpetrators, police said. Mitchell and Hagen both attend Brazoswood High School.

The brother told KPRC 2 that Cole, who is a wide receiver on football team, is off the ventilator but had a rough night Sunday. He also said the motive was possibly over a girl.

“The doctor said that it was blunt force trauma to the back of his head. He’s got fractures inward in the rear of his skull on both sides,” Cory Hagen explained.

Police believe the identity of all those involved has been established and other charges are pending.

 
Last edited:
Before I even reached the relevant line in the article I just knew there was a girl involved.

Reid looks like some cocky little rich kid whose daddy will get him the best lawyers in town.

I hope Cole recovers but I fear his future in football is a thing of the past.

As for the girl, she will move on with her life and forget these two, right down to their names.
 
All over a girl :sorry:
[automerge]1638863184[/automerge]
Cole Hagan, 16, suffered multiple skull fractures and a broken collarbone.

His family believes someone may have recorded the alleged attack and they’re offering $25,000 for the video.
“What angers me the most is the parents don’t have the decency to instruct their children to do the right thing and come forward with the information,” Cory Hagan said.
531E8D90-9A85-4279-8FEF-95511CAF6F85.webp
 
Last edited:
[....]
Picture2.png

Cole Hagan, 16, was at a pool party in Lake Jackson, Texas on December 3 when a few of his peers from Brazoswood High School lured him outside where he was ambushed by another student, 17-year-old Reid Mitchell.

Mitchell was charged with aggravated assault, along with Logan Huber, 18, and Ayden Holland, 17, who are accused of luring Hagan outside to be assaulted.

Hagan, who returned home from the hospital just in time for Christmas with his family, is now in outpatient rehab at TIRR Memorial Hermann undergoing speech, physical, and occupational therapy, his family told Insider.

The Hagan family has filed a lawsuit against 16 individuals seeking an excess of $50 million in damages and naming several of Hagan's peers and their parents, who the lawsuit claims "knew or should have known of the plan to attack Cole Hagan."

"The Hagan family is going to pursue justice in this case," attorney Loren Klitsas told Insider. "Their son Cole, a star football player, is permanently damaged, and they have no choice but to pursue the parties that are responsible for it. It's horrible."

The suit accuses Mitchell of assault and Huber and Holland of the threat of bodily injury. The three have also been accused of making "false and defamatory statements...injuring Plaintiff, Cole Hagan's reputation."

After giving their initial statements to police following the attack, Huber and Holland returned to the police station to change their stories, claiming the assault on Hagan was sparked by Hagan's behavior toward their female friends. Those claims have not been corroborated by police, nor was any evidence of them included in police affidavits, as Insider previously reported.

Huber's lawyer, Scott Brown, said he is confident his client will be proven innocent of claims in the Hagan family's lawsuit.
[....]
Several students are also accused of the threat of bodily injury as the lawsuit claims they knew of the attack before it happened and did not stop it. One student is accused of sending photos of Hagan to Mitchell "to commence the plan to brutally assault" the unwitting teen. Others are accused of being aware of the attack before it occurred. The students and their families could not be reached for comment.

"It is shocking because this is a small town and these kids all know each other," the Hagan family's attorney Klitsas told Insider. "They all hang out together, and that's why it's such a head-scratcher, that such a violent act could be done by this mob against a really nice kid."

The parents involved who have been accused of negligence are Robert Brandon Mitchell, Trista Wylde Huber, Thomas Holland, Wendi Holland, Hailey Vitek Rodd, Steven Rodd, Paul Cagle, Shelley Stroud, and Rodney Stroud. They could not be reached or did not respond to requests for comment.

 
Reid Mitchell, 19, pleaded guilty last month to aggravated assault in a criminal case and is now serving a 120-day sentence in a Texas jail, after which he will face 10 years of probation. Two others involved in the scheme, Logan Huber and Ayden Holland, face aggravated assault charges and are due in court in May, according to court records.
After months of physical and speech therapy, Hagan, now 18, made a "miraculous recovery" and was able to return to the football field for his senior year. Loren Klitsas, Hagan's attorney, previously told Insider that when he graduates, he plans to attend college at Texas State University.
 
Back
Top