A Vancouver man accused of killing his two-year-old child now faces several charges, including first-degree murder and kidnapping, police officials said.
The suspect, identified as 31-year-old Gustavo Villalobos-Carranza, turned himself in to Vancouver Police on Sunday. However, investigators say the homicide took place in Portland.
The incident started on Sunday when a woman called police to report her toddler had been taken by the child's father, and that he was threatening to harm the 2-year-old, police said.
"The man agreed to turn himself in to Vancouver Police, and the child was found deceased," police officials said.
Vancouver Police arrested Villalobos-Carranza on the charges of murder in the first degree, kidnapping in the first degree, and unlawful use of a weapon.
Our news partners at The Columbian report that at Monday’s hearing, Villalobos-Carranza admitted his identity and waived extradition, meaning he will return to Multnomah County.