• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A five-year-old child was critically injured after they were either thrown or pushed from the third floor of the Mall of America Friday morning, according to the Bloomington Police Department.

At 10:17 a.m., police were called to the southeast corner of the mall for a child who had fallen and landed on the first floor. Witnesses told officers a man had either pushed or thrown the child from the third floor balcony, then took off running, Chief Jeff Potts said at a news conference.

Officers rendered aid to the child and they were taken to Children's Hospital.

The suspect, a 24-year-old man, was arrested inside the mall and is currently in police custody.

Potts said there is no relationship between the suspect and the child or the child's family. Investigators are working to determine what led to the child being thrown or pushed.

The suspect, a 24-year-old man, initially fled the scene but was arrested, Potts said.

Police later identified the suspect at Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda. He has been charged with attempted homicide.

According to the police release, the relationship between the man and the boy remains unclear.

"At this time the suspect does not appear to be known to the victim or to the victim's family," the news release states.

Police said that the incident appears to be isolated.

@Satanica
According to the charges, the victim’s mother said she and her son were with a friend and a friend’s child outside the Rain Forest Café on the third floor of the mall around 10:15 a.m. when Aranda, whom they did not know, approached them.

After his arrest, Aranda agreed to speak with officers and admitted he was the one who had thrown the boy off the balcony. He said he had come to the mall that day looking for someone to kill, but it did not “work out.” He said he planned to kill an adult because they usually stand near the balcony, but he chose the 5-year-old boy instead. He did not say why.

An update:

Child who plunged from Mall of America balcony showing "real signs of recovery"

A 5-year-old boy who authorities say was thrown from a third-floor balcony at Mall of America is showing "real signs of recovery," a lawyer for boy's family told CBS Minnesota on Friday. Police said the suspect, Emmanuel Aranda, told them he went to the mall "looking for someone to kill" and chose the boy at random.

"We have good news to share with you on this Good Friday. Our miracle child is showing real signs of recovery. New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead," attorney Stephen Tillitt said Friday on behalf of the boy's family.

Link

--Al

Well, somebody wasn't happy with my previous, facetious post in this thread.... So I'll try to be 'better' (plainly obvious) this time around.

Why is this not a 'hate crime'? If the races were reversed it would be headline news around the world for a week. It would be proof positive of an escalation in hate crimes against minorities.

Can you imagine the difference in the media portrayal of this incident?

Shit, there would be rioting in the streets.

Yes, tedious and trite I know, yet the double standard is glaring and obvious.

Last edited:
Mac Hammond, the pastor at the family’s church, said the boy, who he identified as Landen, had gone through an MRI that lasted five hours and referred to the results as “truly a miracle.”

“Doctors said they found no brain damage — not even any swelling,” Hammond said at the service. “No spinal damage, no nerve damage … doctors are saying it is truly a miracle.”

The pastor said that doctors described the injuries as if he “fell off a bicycle instead of off the third floor of the mall.”

I don't really think that god exists, at least in the Judaeo-christian way we seem to think of him. But once in a while I'll still try to talk to him anyway. Or 'pray' if you will...

The next time I find myself trying to talk to him, I'll thank him for this miracle.

Why is this not a 'hate crime'?

Race, gender, sexual orientation, etc werent motives for the crime, at least at this point in the investigation. Obviously.

If the races were reversed it would be headline news around the world for a week.

This was/is huge news. All over the place for sure.

It would be proof positive of an escalation in hate crimes against minorities.

Incorrect, since again nothing in the investigation has even come close to suggesting it was a hate crime. Im sure other idiots like yourself might feel this way, but such reactionary fools really arent the norm.

Yes, tedious and trite I know, yet the double standard is glaring and obvious.

There HAVE been quite a few crimes where a white male committed a violent act against a minority, kids even, without race being the motive. Why dont you find some of those that led to media uproar about hate crimes and riots in the streets and so forth, like you claim this one would have resulted in. Show me this double standard you say is so glaring and obvious.

Fucking stooge.

I don't really think that god exists, at least in the Judaeo-christian way we seem to think of him. But once in a while I'll still try to talk to him anyway. Or 'pray' if you will...

The next time I find myself trying to talk to him, I'll thank him for this miracle.

Nobody gives a shit.

If you are going to bother doing this though, maybe pray for him to give you a fucking brain while youre at it.

Race, gender, sexual orientation, etc werent motives for the crime, at least at this point in the investigation. Obviously.

This was/is huge news. All over the place for sure.

Incorrect, since again nothing in the investigation has even come close to suggesting it was a hate crime. Im sure other idiots like yourself might feel this way, but such reactionary fools really arent the norm.

There HAVE been quite a few crimes where a white male committed a violent act against a minority, kids even, without race being the motive. Why dont you find some of those that led to media uproar about hate crimes and riots in the streets and so forth, like you claim this one would have resulted in. Show me this double standard you say is so glaring and obvious.

Fucking stooge.

Nobody gives a shit.

If you are going to bother doing this though, maybe pray for him to give you a fucking brain while youre at it.

Ummm... yeah, OK.

Remember Jazmine Barnes? Remember Jussie Smollett? Remember BerMax Caffe?

Cries of 'HATE CRIME!!!!' 'RAYSIS!!!!', 'white supremacy'!!! World wide coverage, unrelenting political commentary and calls for a 'conversation'.....

The guy chose to throw a white kid, over every black kid in the place. Why did he do that? Just by chance? Bullshit.

You know mate, you should pray to god in the hope that maybe, just maybe one-day he will bless you with the gift of critical thought and while you're at it, pray that you may one-day find the strength to not embarrass yourself every-time you start bashing on that keyboard.

Last edited:
Remember Jazmine Barnes? Remember Jussie Smollett? Remember BerMax Caffe?

Cries of 'HATE CRIME!!!!' 'RAYSIS!!!!', 'white supremacy'!!! World wide coverage, unrelenting political commentary and calls for a 'conversation'.....

2 of those 3 were staged as ACTUAL hate crimes though. BIG difference. If theyre being staged as hate crimes, of course the media and public wil lrespond to them as if they were or even might be hate crimes. That's completely different to this mall case where again, there is no evidence or suggestion of a hate crime outside of random ignorant fools on internet message boards.

And at the time there was no known concrete details regarding the Barnes shooting outside a merely shaky eye witness account that the suspect may have been a white guy. That leaves a LOT of room for speculation, which is why there was hate crime concerns surrounding that one. With this mall incident, investigators knew from an early stage that there was no evidence of a racial motive, and the suspects confessed motivations were made public very early on.

Again, find me a case where a white male commits a violent crime against a minority victim without race being a motive, where there was still world news of hate crime and riots in the streets. Proof your case you are so adament exists.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Man accused of throwing boy over Mall of America balcony pleads guilty

A Minneapolis man accused of throwing a 5-year-old boy from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America in April pleaded guilty during a court hearing Tuesday.

Emmanuel Aranda, 24, was charged with attempted premeditated first-degree murder.

Aranda said he knew throwing the child over the balcony could kill him, according to a KSTP crew at the hearing.

The family had released an update on 5-year-old Landon's progress.

Landen remains in intensive care after suffering two broken arms, a broken leg, skull fractures and other serious injuries.

“While the miracle of his survival is what we celebrate and thank Jesus for every day, we must also acknowledge that our beautiful boy has been on a very challenging road to recovery,” the family said in a statement.

“He remains in intensive care where he has been since his admission, under constant treatment and monitoring, and we are still unsure when our family will be able to return home,” the family said.

“Throughout, your support has lifted each of us and reminded us of the power of God’s love. But our focus must continue to be solely on his recovery and the health of our entire family. Thanks again to each of you for your prayers and best wishes. Please continue to pray for him.”

Landen remains in intensive care after suffering two broken arms, a broken leg, skull fractures and other serious injuries.

“…The injuries and severe complications have now resulted in more than 15 separate medical procedures or surgeries, including surgeries for two broken arms and a broken leg, removal of his spleen, procedures for fluid in his lungs and stomach, as well as for facial and skull fractures; and just this past weekend, he had a stent placed in a vein that runs through his liver because of the serious complications he continues to endure.”

“While the miracle of his survival is what we celebrate and thank Jesus for every day, we must also acknowledge that our beautiful boy has been on a very challenging road to recovery,” the family said in a statement.

“He remains in intensive care where he has been since his admission, under constant treatment and monitoring, and we are still unsure when our family will be able to return home,” the family said.

“Throughout, your support has lifted each of us and reminded us of the power of God’s love. But our focus must continue to be solely on his recovery and the health of our entire family. Thanks again to each of you for your prayers and best wishes. Please continue to pray for him.”

They say miracle and all the media releases make it seem quite positive, but you can tell this kid is totally fucked.

You dont stay in intensive care that long, you dont go from that to lengthy, "long road ahead" physical rehabilitation, after suffereing severe head injuries and skull fractures, if you aren't completely fucked. This kid will never be the same no doubt and will likely always have some significant handicaps.

Disgusting the scumbag only got 19 years when the injuries he inflicted will forever alter, and to a massive, soul crushing degree, the life of the victim and victim family.

Also telling the family has released no real details of the extent of the injuries or recovery, but has said things along the lines of, "his spirit is strong". You dont say that type of stuff, esepcially while keeping so much else in the dark, if that kid isn't a borderline vegetable.

The boy has returned home!

"The boy’s family confirmed on his GoFundMe page that he had returned home after completing inpatient treatment. The campaign, which has raised over $1 million, identifies the boy only as Landen and says he’ll be continuing outpatient treatment at home."

Back