• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
Screenshot_2014-07-18-14-28-21-1_zpsftbpih8g.png

[...]

Roy Dean Pruett, 61, of Gadsden, is charged with two counts of first-degree sexual abuse of a child less than 12 years old and two counts of first-degree sodomy,

[...]

Pruett was taken into custody Thursday afternoon after warrants were obtained for his arrest. He allegedly had been sexually abusing two children in Etowah County.

“This is a terrible crime involving innocent children, and reports of this type are becoming too common,” Entrekin said. “These children are brave. They came forward to help us put this predator behind bars.

[...]

The investigation is ongoing. Evidence developed so far indicates the abuse had been taking place since about Nov. 1, 2012.

“I appreciate the hard work the sheriff's investigators put into this case,” Etowah County District Attorney Jimmie Harp said. “Cases of this nature are particularly disturbing. The victimization of a child is something that we, as a community, cannot tolerate and we intend to see that those who would prey on children are brought to justice.”

[...]

“The Eagle Rock family is devastated to learn of the arrest of Roy Pruett,” Hilton said in the statement. “We understand that the arrest does not prove guilt but we can assume that the Sheriff's Department would not make an arrest of this nature until they felt confident that some misconduct had occurred.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim(s). In the midst of much confusion and activity related to this 'case' we are most mindful that a child's life has been negatively affected and forever changed. May we not lose sight of this fact,” he continued.

[...]

He added, “The identity of the victims is strictly confidential and those conducting the investigation are the only individuals who have that information. We wish to make this very clear because our boys live normal lives in the community and people know where they live.

“It would be unfair for them to live with this stigma. Furthermore, the nature of the questioning we have received from investigators leads us to believe the alleged misconduct occurred at a location other than Eagle Rock,” he continued. “

[...]

Hilton asked that the press respect the privacy the ranch's children and said no residents or staff will be speaking to reporters regarding the case

[...]

Etowah County Department of Human Resources got a report of abuse on the afternoon of July 8. The report did not come from Eagle Rock. A DHR investigator contacted Hilton and within 20 minutes, he said he had placed Pruett on administrative leave and instructed him to have no contact with any other Eagle Rock resident until further notice, in accordance with Eagle Rock policy.

[...]

We applaud and appreciate the work of the sheriff's department, the DHR and the Barrie Center. We are fully confident they are doing a thorough investigation and as a community we should all be thankful that such agencies exist to protect our children.

“Mr. Pruett has worked with youth in Etowah County for over 30 years,” Hilton's statement said. “Our check of the Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect as well as our FBI background check via fingerprint revealed no reported incident or accusations of abuse or misconduct involving Mr. Pruett. We can only hope and pray that if the allegations are true they will be limited to recent events.”

[...]
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...l-abuse-sodomy-of-child-younger-than-12&tc=ar

You know, it's sickening enough when perverts get jobs at daycares and amusement parks and schools and the like, in order to round up potential victims. But to get a job in a home for at-risk kids you can RE-abuse? I've no words for that. The worst words I have in my vocabulary are all used up on the aforementioned perverts. This guy is well beyond that.

And of fucking course he's all Godly and shit.

Roy and his wife, Dee, have one adult son. Roy is very proud of his family's accomplishments. Dee holds a Master's Degree in Math Education, and has been teaching in the Etowah County School System for the last 26 years. She heads up the SEE program and does GED preparation with Etowah County Jail Inmates. Their son, Josh, attends college at Wallace State, where he is enrolled in the PTA Program. Josh is also an accomplished guitarist, as well as, a songwriter, a gift he shares with his parents.

Roy and his family are actively involved in the ministry of Ivalee Church. Roy teaches Sunday School, and he and Dee work with the youth and sing in the choir. Roy also sings in a trio. He enjoys bowling and basketball, and has dedicated his life to mentoring adults and children.

Roy's work history includes employment at Hilchrest Hospital and a group home in Piedmont, AL. He has been with Eagle Rock Boys' Ranch since 2003. When asked for his thoughts about Eagle Rock Ranch, Roy has this to say:
"Eagle Rock is not a job, but it is my full time ministry. Eagle Rock residents and staff are family, and I am grateful to be part of changing the lives of these "at risk" kids...leading them to become Godly young men who will be good citizens and, in the future, Godly parents and mentors for kids like they were."

And part of their blurb on "The Boys" really rubs me the wrong way:
Once upon a time...
families took care of their children and the community "took care of" the abusers. If a child had no extended family, he could go to the local orphanage that was equipped to care for ALL kinds of children.
Times changed and families changed. Society's values took a nosedive and by the late 1960's and early 1970's, the local orphanage could no longer meet the needs of ALL kinds of children. The concept of "ranches" became popular because of their success in reaching "troubled" children.

Uhh... no. Once upon a time, people swept it under the rug, ignored it, pretended it didn't exist and so on and so forth. The crime rate now, in the USA is comparable to what it was in the early 60s. It has declined significantly since the 80s and 90s.

http://www.eaglerockboys.org/apps/staff/default.asp?relationid=1193172

He worked at a hospital and another group home before this. Who knows how many kids this man has molested.

Dear Overly-Zealous GodGabbers,

If there's a God, trust me, he sees through your bullshit, and he's not keen on people who flaunt their faith, have you even read the bible? But you're not really doing it for God, are you? No, you're doing it for your friends and family, to show how devout you are and to gain their approval, or to cast suspicion of you aside; after all, you're way too Godly to do perverted, cruel and/or disgusting acts.

ECSO14JBN004437-200x240.jpg

Roy Pruett

A Gadsden man is facing additional charges for sexual abuse and sodomy after another victim has reported abuse, and authorities fear there may be more victims, according to a news release from Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin.

Roy Dean Pruett, 61, was charged Friday with first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, [...]

Pruett was charged Thursday with two counts of first-degree sexual abuse of a child less than 12 years old and two counts of first-degree sodomy.

The additional charge was filed Friday after another victim reported the abuse.

Pruett allegedly has been sexually abusing children at his home in Gadsden.

[...] employed by Eagle Rock Boys Ranch, a home for at-risk boys.

“It’s a shame that this man was trusted by so many children, [...] he took advantage of his victims’ innocence,” Entrekin said.

[...]

“We feel sure there are others that have been victimized by this predator,” Entrekin said. “If you are a victim and have had any contact with Roy Pruett, contact the sheriff’s office.”

The investigation will continue, but evidence shows the abuse has been taking place since 2011.

Pruett is being held on a $375,000 cash bond.
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article...se-charge-for-Gadsden-man-more-victims-feared

Sick fuck. This bastard has been doing this for years and just managed not to get caught. I hope they tazor his junk....regularly.

That guy has a really scary, demented look on his face.

You nailed my thoughts exactly. That face - and that deep, intense stare straight into the lense is kinda chilling...If ever there were a way to identify a Chester, he oughta be the poster boy. *bleagh!*

@DamagedGoods , weren't the orphanages a hotbed of this same type of predatory behavior , plus numerous violations of abuse of children?
I must have missed the alert for this, sorry @beans !

And I don't know about any specific orphanage this guy is involved with, but yes, I'd guess they were. It seems fairly common to places like this that hide behind God. I have unfortunately read many many cases. Something about the mix of zealotry, religion and the fact that SO many of them have been under scrutiny time and time again with no real fallout fascinates and horrifies me.

Allow me to suspend my atheism for a moment for the sake of argument and tap my inner former-sorta-christian, cause MAN does this piss her off.

People like the ones that run and use these places are often the same ones who feel that anything that doesn't agree with them is from Satan. Satan is trying to rule the world by letting gay people get married, or nudity on TV or whatever other trivial shit they get all offended by.

No you daft bastards, Satan is supposed to be the ULTIMATE deceiver, if he's controlling anything it's stuff like this. You think he'd bother with gay marriage? What the hell does that achieve in comparison to abusing a child under the pretense of faith? What's going to turn hearts and minds against God? Gay marriage, or being molested and abused as a child by people who are religious authorities and then probably having your feelings and suffering dismissed as "rebellion"?

Ahem... I err... kinda ran off on a tangent there.

And of fucking course he's all Godly and shit.

And part of their blurb on "The Boys" really rubs me the wrong way:

Uhh... no. Once upon a time, people swept it under the rug, ignored it, pretended it didn't exist and so on and so forth. The crime rate now, in the USA is comparable to what it was in the early 60s. It has declined significantly since the 80s and 90s.

http://www.eaglerockboys.org/apps/staff/default.asp?relationid=1193172

He worked at a hospital and another group home before this. Who knows how many kids this man has molested.

Dear Overly-Zealous GodGabbers,

If there's a God, trust me, he sees through your bullshit, and he's not keen on people who flaunt their faith, have you even read the bible? But you're not really doing it for God, are you? No, you're doing it for your friends and family, to show how devout you are and to gain their approval, or to cast suspicion of you aside; after all, you're way too Godly to do perverted, cruel and/or disgusting acts.
Whoa, whoa, WHOA...! Pump the breaks, here- if this monstrosity of a man claimed that he was a doctor & then it came to light that he wasn't, you wouldn't be attacking "all the other doctors out there"?! So why do it with Christians? Or as you put it "Overly-Zealous GodGabbers". It's not fair to people who actually are Christians & they most certainly would agree that this "man" was not living his life as a Christian, obviously.

I also must address you saying (about God, at that, even after you've made a VERY clear indication that you yourself do not believe in Him, hence "IF there's a God") that "He's not keen on people who flaunt their faith" ...WHAT?! Have YOU even read the Bible? Do you REALLY want me to post the scriptures that make it clear that, as Christians, we ARE called to speak up about God, and the kingdom of Heaven, and being saved while there is still time? It's commanded, actually!! I'll be more than glad to post the scriptures, if you'd like. Since you seem to not believe in God, I don't want to come across as shoving anything down your throat so just let me know & I'll post them. In the same way atheists feel compelled to speak up about their beliefs, Christians have just as much rights to speak up about theirs.

This "man" obviously was using everything as his beard, having a marriage that (I would think its safe to say) was a farce. He was using the church in the same way he was using Eagle Rock- as a crutch, an illusion, a con. I agree with your comment regarding THIS "man", beginning with "But you're not really doing it for God, are you?" I just don't think it applies to Christians. (& I say Christians, instead of "real Christians", cos a true Christian IS real. A "fake Christian" can't really be called a Christian, except in a case like THIS.)

Whoa, whoa, WHOA...! Pump the breaks, here- if this monstrosity of a man claimed that he was a doctor & then it came to light that he wasn't, you wouldn't be attacking "all the other doctors out there"?! So why do it with Christians? Or as you put it "Overly-Zealous GodGabbers". It's not fair to people who actually are Christians & they most certainly would agree that this "man" was not living his life as a Christian, obviously.

I also must address you saying (about God, at that, even after you've made a VERY clear indication that you yourself do not believe in Him, hence "IF there's a God") that "He's not keen on people who flaunt their faith" ...WHAT?! Have YOU even read the Bible? Do you REALLY want me to post the scriptures that make it clear that, as Christians, we ARE called to speak up about God, and the kingdom of Heaven, and being saved while there is still time? It's commanded, actually!! I'll be more than glad to post the scriptures, if you'd like. Since you seem to not believe in God, I don't want to come across as shoving anything down your throat so just let me know & I'll post them. In the same way atheists feel compelled to speak up about their beliefs, Christians have just as much rights to speak up about theirs.

This "man" obviously was using everything as his beard, having a marriage that (I would think its safe to say) was a farce. He was using the church in the same way he was using Eagle Rock- as a crutch, an illusion, a con. I agree with your comment regarding THIS "man", beginning with "But you're not really doing it for God, are you?" I just don't think it applies to Christians. (& I say Christians, instead of "real Christians", cos a true Christian IS real. A "fake Christian" can't really be called a Christian, except in a case like THIS.)

I don't think DG was talking about all Christians, we see these bastards claiming to worship God and in the same breath lust after the kids that are in front of them.

I'm a Christian Catholic, and I go to Mass most every Sunday. I don't have to defend my faith here, I know what I believe in and I know what part God plays in my life.

The people written about here have bastardized Christianity to their fitting and I side eye ANYONE that howls the loudest on how Christian they are.

@Seven, It always sounds like someone is generalizing, weather its to say "and of course they are fat as hell" or "of course its a trailer park" just remember its all directed at the perpetrator, no one feels that all fat people are bad anymore than all people who believe in God. I am catholic too and If I make a comment about atheism regarding a perpetrator I would expect for everyone to know that I don't think all atheists are bad as that is far from my belief.

I must have missed the alert for this, sorry @beans !

And I don't know about any specific orphanage this guy is involved with, but yes, I'd guess they were. It seems fairly common to places like this that hide behind God. I have unfortunately read many many cases. Something about the mix of zealotry, religion and the fact that SO many of them have been under scrutiny time and time again with no real fallout fascinates and horrifies me.

Allow me to suspend my atheism for a moment for the sake of argument and tap my inner former-sorta-christian, cause MAN does this piss her off.

People like the ones that run and use these places are often the same ones who feel that anything that doesn't agree with them is from Satan. Satan is trying to rule the world by letting gay people get married, or nudity on TV or whatever other trivial shit they get all offended by.

No you daft bastards, Satan is supposed to be the ULTIMATE deceiver, if he's controlling anything it's stuff like this. You think he'd bother with gay marriage? What the hell does that achieve in comparison to abusing a child under the pretense of faith? What's going to turn hearts and minds against God? Gay marriage, or being molested and abused as a child by people who are religious authorities and then probably having your feelings and suffering dismissed as "rebellion"?

Ahem... I err... kinda ran off on a tangent there.
THAT'S suspending your atheism?! Seems to me you're speaking on behalf of Satan cos you sure are standing up for him! Satan IS trying to rule the world, so I don't know WHY you would think there'd be ANY area (such as gay marriage) that he wouldn't be interested in & involved with?!!! He's SATAN, as in the one-competing-with-God Satan. As in, has-his-claws-dipped-in-EVERY-KIND-OF-COOKIE-JAR Satan.

As for "other trivial shit THEY get all offended by", uh no, it's not about what offends US, it's about what's written in the Bible, so let me make THAT point crystal C-L-E-A-R to you. Since we're on the subject of offending, Jesus Himself said (in Luke 7:23 & Matthew 11:6) "And blessed is the one who is not offended by Me." & I wasn't going to quote the Bible but I regard Jesus as highly esteemed & it's quite common for people on DD to quote those they like. Obviously, YOU'RE offended that Christians get offended, which is ironic. If YOU get offended, why is it that others aren't allowed to get offended, either? You might as well say that you're the only one who has a right to get happy, or sad, or mad for that matter. We ARE all human beings (most, anyway) and emotions & reactions are a part of that makeup.

& "What the hell does that achieve in comparison to abusing a child under the pretense of faith?" Under the pretense of faith? I didn't see anywhere that Roy Dean Pruett claimed to be abusing a child "because God told him to do it"?! Pruett's comment about working his "ministry" that he deemed as "family" at Eagle Rock Ranch was a ruse, as well as him teaching in Sunday school and ALL the other titles he laid claim to be in hopes to present himself as a real stand up guy.

"What's going to turn hearts and minds against God? Gay marriage, or being molested and abused as a child by people who are religious authorities and then probably having your feelings and suffering dismissed as "rebellion"?" ? Since when did 'what's going to turn hearts and minds against God' turn into an option for Satan to have to choose between the two? Last I checked, he tries everything he can, in any manner he can, with any person he can.

my kids went to catholic school j/k to grade 13
baptized
first communion
the whole 9 yards
90% of the people on here are atheist
not the place for bible verses
or preaching
I now wish Id never sent my kids to catholic school with all the bullshit thats come out of it
but it is what it is
also if you took a moment and read the sarcasm in @DamagedGoods post you wouldnt be so hyper
shes the queen of sarcasm

Ok then...Don't know who half that was referring too

ETA @Whisper I didn't mean your comment, I am sorry if it looked that way.:shy:

Last edited:
Jesus converted non believers by offering kindness to people who did not feel they deserved it, by offering compassion to people who were sick and others avoided, by offering to feed the hungry, and by treating criminals as well as he would treat royalty. I don't recall any instance where he snapped off and told people "let me make THIS Chrystal C-L-E-A-R to you" nope not once. As a matter of fact I don't believe the people came for the preaching until after the acts of kindness. My point is be nice first.

I don't think DG was talking about all Christians, we see these bastards claiming to worship God and in the same breath lust after the kids that are in front of them.

I'm a Christian Catholic, and I go to Mass most every Sunday. I don't have to defend my faith here, I know what I believe in and I know what part God plays in my life.

The people written about here have bastardized Christianity to their fitting and I side eye ANYONE that howls the loudest on how Christian they are.
Well of course, the bastards claiming to worship God but lusting after the kids, etc which is why I said that in this case, regarding Pruett, I AGREED with what @DamagedGoods was saying from the point of "But you're not really doing it for God, are you?" to the rest of the quote. I was under the impression that the "Dear Overly-Zealous GodGabbers" were passionate Christians who like or tend to quote from the Bible or declare their faith. THEY are the ones I am speaking on behalf of.

I, too, would be uneasy at hearing someone proclaim how much of a Christian they are, which is why I said "it's not about what offends US, it's about what's written in the Bible", meaning if a person is turning it into being about THEM (& not God) I'm immediately seeing a red flag. Personally, I feel that if you're living the lifestyle, you're doing it for God & you don't have to make others aware of all your "good-doings" for the sake of public recognition, you're doing it for God. If it just so happens that others find out about what you do, and not because you've proclaimed it on every form of social media and what have you, there's no damage done & certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

@Seven, It always sounds like someone is generalizing, weather its to say "and of course they are fat as hell" or "of course its a trailer park" just remember its all directed at the perpetrator, no one feels that all fat people are bad anymore than all people who believe in God. I am catholic too and If I make a comment about atheism regarding a perpetrator I would expect for everyone to know that I don't think all atheists are bad as that is far from my belief.
Hmmmm, you say that about "all fat people", and I am feeling a bit of déjà vu as a result! Are you still sensitive because I disliked your comment "That is how I feel about fat people, is it the fat that makes you funny or the funny that makes you fat" ? o_O But I LIKED your comment after that one!!

I totally didn't get that in the first part of what DG was saying, it wasn't directed to all Christians.... It did seem to be more specific after a few lines, but had I not thought it was clearly directed at Christians, I wouldn't have felt the need to say anything.

@Seven I was saying it to be nice, trying to say don't take it personal and don't let any of these comments make you feel attacked that the commenter does not think that any particular group of people are bad . It seems that the intention of my comment was lost on you though, that is ok.

my kids went to catholic school j/k to grade 13
baptized
first communion
the whole 9 yards
90% of the people on here are atheist
not the place for bible verses
or preaching
I now wish Id never sent my kids to catholic school with all the bullshit thats come out of it
but it is what it is
also if you took a moment and read the sarcasm in @DamagedGoods post you wouldnt be so hyper
shes the queen of sarcasm
Hyper? Because I respond to a comment? Hardly. Not to mention, I used more periods than exclamation marks so I don't know how you would make the assumption that I'm "hyper".

If this is not the place for Bible verses or preaching then WHAT, say you, is the Three Things section for? & how many times does it happen, when someone makes a remark that might very well be slightly off topic? Quite frequently. Interestingly, DG can speak up about Satan (& even say that she went on a tangent!) but at the point I mention God or a SINGLE Bible verse, you get derogatory and say I'm preaching?! And HYPER?! :stop: It was ONE Bible verse, NOT verseS. You act like I gave a sermon. I made a point, period.

So what if 90% of the people on here are atheist? Since when does being atheist mean that all others who disagree must keep their beliefs to themselves? Obviously, it's been expressed by the atheists that they ARE atheists, otherwise you wouldn't know. People of another belief or religion should have just as much rights to speak on their own behalf.

If I meant regular, faithful Christians, I would have said Christian. I am referring to those who call themselves Christian, and do nothing but brag about being Christian, when they AREN'T Christian at ALL. In fact, please point out where I called him a Christian at all? I went out of my way to express that I was NOT talking about all Christians.

THAT'S suspending your atheism?! Seems to me you're speaking on behalf of Satan cos you sure are standing up for him! Satan IS trying to rule the world, so I don't know WHY you would think there'd be ANY area (such as gay marriage) that he wouldn't be interested in & involved with?!!! He's SATAN, as in the one-competing-with-God Satan. As in, has-his-claws-dipped-in-EVERY-KIND-OF-COOKIE-JAR Satan.

As for "other trivial shit THEY get all offended by", uh no, it's not about what offends US, it's about what's written in the Bible, so let me make THAT point crystal C-L-E-A-R to you. Since we're on the subject of offending, Jesus Himself said (in Luke 7:23 & Matthew 11:6) "And blessed is the one who is not offended by Me." & I wasn't going to quote the Bible but I regard Jesus as highly esteemed & it's quite common for people on DD to quote those they like. Obviously, YOU'RE offended that Christians get offended, which is ironic. If YOU get offended, why is it that others aren't allowed to get offended, either? You might as well say that you're the only one who has a right to get happy, or sad, or mad for that matter. We ARE all human beings (most, anyway) and emotions & reactions are a part of that makeup.

& "What the hell does that achieve in comparison to abusing a child under the pretense of faith?" Under the pretense of faith? I didn't see anywhere that Roy Dean Pruett claimed to be abusing a child "because God told him to do it"?! Pruett's comment about working his "ministry" that he deemed as "family" at Eagle Rock Ranch was a ruse, as well as him teaching in Sunday school and ALL the other titles he laid claim to be in hopes to present himself as a real stand up guy.

"What's going to turn hearts and minds against God? Gay marriage, or being molested and abused as a child by people who are religious authorities and then probably having your feelings and suffering dismissed as "rebellion"?" ? Since when did 'what's going to turn hearts and minds against God' turn into an option for Satan to have to choose between the two? Last I checked, he tries everything he can, in any manner he can, with any person he can.
You completely misread my entire post.

Have you never heard the phrase "suspension of disbelief"? You do it every time you enjoy a fantasy movie. I can't MAKE myself believe something, but I can allow for suspension of my disbelief for the sake of argument. It has nothing to do with my actual atheism, and in case you missed it, I'm arguing AGAINST Satan. I'm offended on BEHALF of Christians. How have you missed this? How are you not offended that these people are claiming to be Christian and doing this to kids? You see how I said the "pretense of faith"?

These guys pretend to be Christian, they brag and boast and they make actual Christians look bad. I'm offended that these assholes are taking the faith of many of my friends and being dick bags, and if they believe in Satan, and they're right and I'm wrong, they're doing the devil's work, because they make many more people turn away from God than I ever could. But I honestly want to know why MY rant against this guy seems to offend you more than what this guy did? I can get you plenty of bible quotes to help me out if you prefer.

(ETA: If I sound snarky, it isn't intended! I'm just truly baffled.)

Last edited:

Oh, and there's a WORLD of difference between sharing and glorifying your faith and flaunting/boasting/bragging about it.

Jesus converted non believers by offering kindness to people who did not feel they deserved it, by offering compassion to people who were sick and others avoided, by offering to feed the hungry, and by treating criminals as well as he would treat royalty. I don't recall any instance where he snapped off and told people "let me make THIS Chrystal C-L-E-A-R to you" nope not once. As a matter of fact I don't believe the people came for the preaching until after the acts of kindness. My point is be nice first.
Oh come on now, really?! So now, I'm snapping off and not being nice, says you? Let me understand this. So I can read what I took as a rant against every Christian who's passionate and quotes scripture, and not respond in a firm & serious tone? It goes without saying that DG was making her point "crystal clear" but in reiterating my point, by saying it, THAT makes me having "snapped off"?! So DG can get intense and express her thoughts (nice or not) but at the point where I do, you accuse me of not being nice and snapping off?! You're entitled to your opinion. Dare I hit the disagree button on your remark and ruffle your feathers again.:banghead:

If you're trying to say Jesus never got angry (which I can only assume, since you said he never snapped off at people) then you must have missed the part when He flipped the tables at the tabernacle/temple courts. (It's Matthew 21:12, at the risk of irking Whisper)

Actually he got angry twice, you got him beat, good for you.

When we get angry, too often we have improper control or an improper focus. We fail in one or more of the above points. This is the wrath of man, of which we are told “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires” James 1:19-20 Jesus did not exhibit man’s anger, but the righteous indignation of God.

Back