• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Symmachus

Japanese band Boris is better than your band.
Bold Member!
iu

KIRKWOOD — The man charged with firing shots into the air at an elementary school Halloween event on Sunday is a St. Louis County police officer and the son of a long-time St. Louis County prosecutor.

Matthew McCulloch remained in police custody Monday afternoon on a $500,000 cash-only bond and is charged with four counts of child endangerment, five counts of armed criminal action, one count of making a terrorist threat and one count of unlawful use of a weapon, all of which are felonies. He is listed as a county officer in state records and is the son of former St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch.

Police said McCulloch, in his late 30s according to court records, was "causing a disturbance" at a trunk-or-treat event for Tillman Elementary School, in the parking lot of North Kirkwood Middle School, just before 5 p.m. Sunday. When he was confronted by other adults at the event, he pulled out a handgun and fired multiple shots into the air before being tackled to the ground.

No one was injured.

St. Louis County police said McCulloch joined the department Dec. 29, 2017, and was on unpaid administrative leave following the shooting.
McCulloch's family has held leadership positions for decades in local law enforcement. His father, Bob McCulloch, served 28 years as St. Louis County’s elected prosecutor before losing his reelection bid in 2018. His uncle Joseph McCulloch is a retired St. Louis city police officer and was appointed earlier this year as the top prosecutor in St. Charles County. His grandfather, Paul McCulloch, was also a police officer and was killed while on duty in a shootout in 1964.

Police have not released a possible motive for the incident, saying only that McCulloch allegedly yelled “you’re all going to die,” to the hundreds of people and children who were at the event at North Kirkwood Middle School.

Moments before shots were fired, McCulloch threatened a woman whose husband then shoved him to the ground, according to court documents. McCulloch then stood up, lifted his shirt exposing his gun and badge before pointing it in the air and firing about a dozen shots, according to the documents. Witness video obtained by 5 On Your Side showed McCulloch being led away by police officers.

What it boils down to here is that we have a guy who dresses up as a cop everyday, probably except Halloween maybe, but then goes way too far with his method acting for his "crazy dude wanting his ass kicked" costume. His costume was so realistic that this photo was taken to commemorate the occasion.

iu

He could've just picked up dead guy makeup from any Halloween store, which would have been less painful than an actual boot and fist makeover, as well as perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars cheaper.

It is worth noting that this week's Daniel Day St. Louis pictured above has a famous daddy and a storied lineage of law enforcement. Much of that was already covered in quoted text, but one specific aspect not yet covered is that his father Bob McCulloch was a prosecutor on the Michael Brown case. And this link is to Bob's Wikipedia article, which has existed since 2014.

But back to the McCulloch miscreant, he is alleged to have caused a similar disruption on Friday (oh my gosh, really? It had to be this day? In freaking October?) the 13th. Motorists reported seeing someone driving a Jeep erratically and striking two vehicles, nearly t-boning another, and yelling charming anecdotes at people such as, "You're all going to die! You're next!" and "You're f**ked!"

If you think about it, this guy probably had the nerve to judge and fine people for going 12 miles over the speed limit. What a dick.

No wonder this Casa-nope-a's wife left him earlier this year. I'm pretty sure she's not going to change her mind now. Question is: has she moved on to the poolboy or the mailman? Because I'm sure she's had her permanent fill of cops.

And while this circumstance is highly traumatizing for a community, it is an excellent thing that nobody was injured. However, let's examine the occasion upon which this failed public shooting happened: a Trunk-or-Treat event. These events, supplying an alternate to the traditional house-to-house trick or treating, often feature candy or other goods being placed in the trunks of people's cars for children to collect on their own volition. First off, candy is bad for you. It is quite unhealthy, and is categorized by the Food Pyramid People as junk food. Secondly, with the glorified mounds of sugar that sometimes give an implication that they are supposed to be chocolate, the organizers are using this event to normalize the phrase "junk in the trunk". Obviously, "junk in the trunk" has some very suggestive insinuations attached to it, and children should absolutely not be party to it! It is all a part of the desensitization programming happening throughout the world, all over social media, in your kids' schools... and "chocolate in the trunk" is even worse!

iu

Last note before I finally end this dreadful and tasteless article:

Below is grainy footage of Finn McDrool getting arrested by maybe his former co-workers.

I can't tell for sure, but is he wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt? If so, then it is a very fitting shirt, since he is extremely... Paranoid.

I don't know @Symmachus - is this guy just a complete d-bag embracing his own true self, or is this a legit mental break? I might be inclined to go legit mental break here. Having a family with that record of public service can be a lot of added pressure on a person. He's almost too douchy, know what I mean? ;)

Back