• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Benighted

My brain hurts
Horrified RSPCA inspectors found a dog starved to death in a garden shed which had been jammed shut with a breeze block.

The tragic terrier was discovered in the garden of a dad-of-four Paul Wollam who later admitted three counts of animal cruelty.
Wollam, an unemployed foundry worker, told them he had no idea how she ended up starving to death in the barricaded shed in Tipton, Birmingham.
But Wollam avoided prison because he is the sole carer of his four children after his ex-partner walked out on the family.

Banning him from keeping animals for life, the chair of the bench told the dad: “This is a very serious offence, one of the worst that has come before this court.

"It is only because of your early guilty plea and domestic commitments you are not going to prison.”
Gaynor Sutton, prosecuting for the RSPCA, said an inspector visiter Wollam’s address on March 16 after finding an emaciated Shih Tzu with one of his neighbours.

They were told the dog had been bought from Wollam.

When the inspector was let into his home by one of his children, an emaciated Bichon Frise dog was found to be around half its expected body weight.

But the most grisly discovery was made when the breeze block was moved away from the shed door and the dead terrier was discovered.
The dog had matted hair and there was no food or water in the shed,

“The dog had been dead for some time and there were maggots in the coat.

“A post mortem found an emaciated dog with hardly any body weight and the cause of death was assessed to be starvation. There were no broken bones.”

In a statement, the vet who carried out the post mortem said: “The care of this dog was appalling, allowing a dog to die of starvation is despicable.

I bet Molly was a small terrier given that the other dogs were smalls too. Bastard. Little terriers are such fun, loving and loyal dogs. I could almost feel sympathy towards the domestic situation if not for the shed door being barricaded with a breeze block.

Back