• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Do you think the parents should sue

• yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The parents of an Oregon schoolboy are suing his school district claiming a teacher made their son confused about his gender identity by wrongly assuming that he was transgender after he asked to use a staff bathroom because of a medical condition then giving him books and TV shows to watch about transitioning.

The mother and father, who have not shared their names in order to protect the boy, say in a lawsuit that he started using the staff bathroom in April 2018 because of a digestive condition which made him uncomfortable going to the restroom in front of other kids.

The teacher wrongly presumed that he did not want to because he does not identify as male, they said.

To 'educate' him, the unnamed teacher gave the boy books to read about gender identity issues and recommended TV shows on the subject, his parents say. They also held him inside during recess to develop the 'lesson plan'.

They claim the boy had never before shown gender identity issues but that as a result of being taught about them, is 'confused'.

They say that he is now traumatized after being exposed to sexual themes and needs a counselor. They only learned about it when the boy came home with the books at the end of a school week.

'He came home Friday with the books in his backpack,' the mother told Fox 12 about the student in reference to copies of I Am Jazz and Who are You? The Kid's Guide to Gender Identity.

Now they are demanding almost $1million from Nellie Muir Elementary School's Woodburn District after the child – who was eight years old at the time – was pulled from his regular schedule and shown books and TV shows about transitioning to a girl without their consent.

Continue reading at link

Oh brother. Some do gooder thought they were being so enlightened. The parents are overreacting though and probably just reinforcing the kid’s confusion.
So reprimand the damn teacher & some sensitivity training geesh! Parents actually ought to thank the freak’n stars there’s teachers looking out for these kids and not ostracizing them like we read all the time! This bullshit doesn’t equal a lawsuit and sure as shit doesn’t equal $1 million dollars.. this lawsuit shit has to end.. damn..

So does the kid look particularly effeminate or does he act unusual? Personally I think the school should put it back on the parents. Raise your son to be a MAN!

Counter sue the parents for confusing a teacher. I think it's awesome though cuz now the entire school and probably the whole damn Community knows about the kids digestive issues.

What in the frivolous lawsuit is THIS shit? First lemme just say that the teacher is outta line. You know what they say about someone who assumes shit :rolleyes: I mean come on, he's 8! Are the books that were given even age appropriate? Like seriously, do you think a kid that age wants to read that over Captain Underpants?

Now, the parents. They are thirsty as hell if they think a million dollars is appropriate recompense. They better take those book, put em on Ebay, and whatever amount they sell for is the amount they deserve. Fuck them.

Why do these teachers think they can just do whatever they want? Is she too fucking dumb to pick up a phone? Send an email? Or why not send home a note asking the parents to come to a parent teacher conference? Then she would’ve known she had misunderstood and this whole thing could’ve been avoided.

Whether it is teaching styles or social and gender fads, some teachers and admins just lap it all up and over react according to the latest trend.
The problem with a lawsuit is it brings attention to the child in a situation which should be kept very private for the child's sake.

Last edited:
The child has now been prescribed anti-anxiety medication and sees a counselor
Parents say they are also suffering from stress, anxiety and depression and have taken time off work
This pisses me off. Taken time off work to meet with a lawyer, and haul their child to a therapist who enforces the child's victimhood and prescribes more appointments. $$$
Everyone is jumping on the victim wagon instead of saying "You know what, they were wrong and stupid. But we are not, so let's forge ahead and get better." Just why does the child have anxiety, and what did the parents do to steer the child away from negative emotions, if they are going to sink into the same emotional mess themselves?

And puhleez, isn't stress, anxiety, and depression part of child raising? Along with all the fulfillment?

Last edited:
Poor kid must be going through hell. Hopefully, he can grow up and laugh about it. The teacher should be reprimanded and the parents need someone to tell them stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. A lawsuit is stupid in this case. :wacky:

My friend's son is very thin and willowy and has an elfin face and baby fine blond hair. She refused to have his hair cut, ever, so he was constantly mistaken for a girl. Because she is an SJW, she refused to cut his hair, because that shouldn't be what gender is about. Finally at age 11, he insisted on a haircut, and she eventually allowed it. Sometimes the issue is more about the parents and their own politics than anything else.

Sometimes the issue is more about the parents and their own politics than anything else.

I think it's more like most of the time.

And @Muriel Schwenck, said it much better than I can, a lawsuit will just keep the attention going and going and going. If the child is anxious and depressed now, he's going to be suicidal after the lawsuit hits the fan of the national newspapers.They should tell the boy that his teacher confused him with somebody else,take the books back to her personally and make damn sure this teacher doesn't get confused again.

I found out real fast that your kids take their cues from their parents, even if a kid doesn't think too much of something, an emotional, over reacting parent can turn it into something a lot bigger than it it ever was. In other words if a parent melts down so do the kids.

Fuck it. I probably wouldn't sue but if I reacted on instinct I'd probably be the one getting sued so I might have to reconsider.

That's definitely something I'd want them sued for though if it was another kid just so I know it won't happen again. That's really fucking bad.

That's where I just can't stand super liberals and how they indoctrinated our youth through the education system. Brainwashed bunch but I digress. You'll just go around the parents like that? Here's a crazy thought! Some people view transgender disorder in a totally different light.

I don't want my son to be gay but I'd certainly tolerate it. As a man, you really don't want your son being gay. It is what it is. Im not homophobic. Hell If I had a daughter I'd want her to be gay! It's just one of those things you'd rather your son wasn't. Just like if he was stupid, I'd rather he wasn't but I'd love him just the same! I just want them to be happy.

But I will never tolerate my son being so god damned difficult that not only does he want to be with another man... But he wants to be with a man... as a woman! Are there any gay transgender people btw? That'd really throw me for a loop if my son wanted to grow up to be a lesbian. Would I be indifferent, ashamed... Or the proudest papa on the face of the earth!!?? I really can't say right now.

All kidding aside, the poor kid couldnt drop a dookie in front of his peers so his teacher immediately assumed that he's transgender? That's called an agenda. Kinda like how everywhere I look I see breasts...

Last edited:
I found out real fast that your kids take their cues from their parents, even if a kid doesn't think too much of something, an emotional, over reacting parent can turn it into something a lot bigger than it it ever was. In other words if a parent melts down so do the kids.

This is SO true. I saw my goddaughter develop a phobia in front of my eyes because of a parental overreaction. She was 3 or 4. They were watching a movie, and her older brother had nabbed the “good chair"(one of those floor rockers). Not to be thwarted, she went and got her car seat, dragged it over, and sat in it. At some point, she fastened the latches.

At one point, Dad looked over and saw a largish spider walking across the floor towards them. He shreiks "Spider" loudly, jumps up, and runs from the room screaming like a girl. Six year old brother jumps up and runs. Goddaughter can't jump up because she has strapped herself into her car seat, so she sits there screaming until I rescue her.

From that day on, she had a HUGE spider phobia. She would get completely hysterical if she even saw one. I feel it was caused by that incident and her dad's over reaction.

Last edited:
Back